XAircraft SuperX

I would imagine if your motors are equally angled it may negate the issue. It seems to me that would eliminate 1 (or more) motors working harder than the others to keep equal level. I think the superx has a hard time with motors out of "sync" with each other by a certain amount. See Kloners vibration issues a ways back with his motors only a small amount out of level. My experience has been similar.

Or maybe my version sucks and yours is fine running on 3 rusted motors and broken props. :)

Ain't that the truth. Seems like our junk copters always seem to do fine. This one isn't quite junk but plush 20's, t-motor 2216-10 and apc 10x3.8 sure isn't clavier.

Attachments

• ScreenShot020.jpg
    ScreenShot020.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 228
  • ScreenShot019.jpg
    ScreenShot019.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 261

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Ain't that the truth. Seems like our junk copters always seem to do fine. This one isn't quite junk but plush 20's, t-motor 2216-10 and apc 10x3.8 sure isn't clavier.

I hear you. First quad I had superx on was a symmetrical motor mount H-frame with awkward CoG, turnigy f-30a and sunnysky 1250 that had vibes .5 or less. Now on a nicer (or I hoped) Tarot hex with expensive HobbyWing Platinum and more expensive motors the vibes are peaking up at 1.7. Good grief! :)

ill get there....eventually!

fltundra

I hear you. First quad I had superx on was a symmetrical motor mount H-frame with awkward CoG, turnigy f-30a and sunnysky 1250 that had vibes .5 or less. Now on a nicer (or I hoped) Tarot hex with expensive HobbyWing Platinum and more expensive motors the vibes are peaking up at 1.7. Good grief! :)

ill get there....eventually!

It's because your running 10 inch props. When you get above 13's it's a whole different ball game. With my bad motors, I can mount up 12's and vibs were half what they are with my 14's, changing nothing else. Both sets perfectly balanced. Bigger props and longer arm create a completely different set of issues to mitigate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It's because your running 10 inch props. When you get above 13's it's a whole different ball game. With my bad motors, I can mount up 12's and vibs were half what they are with my 14's, changing nothing else. Both sets perfectly balanced. Bigger props and longer arm create a completely different set of issues to mitigate.

And are you going to provide the answer/solution you found???? Or is it a secret? :)

i am am having the issue with 12x3.8 right now - so right in between...

fltundra

And are you going to provide the answer/solution you found???? Or is it a secret? :)

i am am having the issue with 12x3.8 right now - so right in between...
I wish i had the magic answer:) I'm still experimenting, but so far, the bigger props amplify any bearing or shaft play issues i was having made the biggest difference when going bigger props. Kloner was having issues, and then he posted his low vib log, and i was blown away at the progress he made. That's the reason i gave up on the tiger motors. It was either new bearings for me or better motors. Now i know that everything has to be perfect with the motors and props to achieve those super low vibs. I only had 10 hours on the tigers and was already feeling play in the prop shaft.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
^^^. d*mn it! I was hoping you held the key to the magic kingdom :)

im surprised the Tigers went that fast. I've never used them - but I would have considered them a better motor. Price alone they should be a better motor!

next bench session with the hex I'm going to see if I can narrow down the vibes to the arms (at the center plate - no props) or the motors (on motor mount - also no props) and then see how it does with the whole rig back together.

Always in the tiny details....

Dhardjono

No it was fine with 650 pro than I put in way 400 it was fine than it started drifting and than I put it back to 650 same I was flying today it's fixed i think let me try tomorrow. That deleted the folder work hope it stays like that

fltundra

^^^. d*mn it! I was hoping you held the key to the magic kingdom :)

im surprised the Tigers went that fast.
me to! no more tigers for me, and i assumed they were pretty good:) I'm a KDE believer now, will never go back. Once you hold one in your hand you will understand!
View attachment 18243

Attachments

• 20140511_131014.jpg
    20140511_131014.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 191

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Oh I've looked at them online. I'm glad you're happy and have solved the problem - but at that price point, I don't want to hold it in my hand - I want them to come to my house, wake me at the appropriate hour, and make me coffee!!! :)

seriously though, based on the price for some of the tiger motors, the KDE are not that much different, if at all.

fltundra

seriously though, based on the price for some of the tiger motors, the KDE are not that much different, if at all.

I know, believe me, i wasn't into spending more on new motors. Just trying to share my results, so you or someone else doesn't waste money on inferior motors.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I know, believe me, i wasn't into spending more on new motors. Just trying to share my results, so you or someone else doesn't waste money on inferior motors.

Appreciated. But my wallet hurts just thinking about it.

Which model did you go with? I looked at the smaller, lower pole count version. Pricey, but cheapest of their new offerings.

Seems like Sunnysky is best bang for the buck today. The Tigers I use are hobby grade, about same price as the Sunnysky. I think those two come out of the same factory because all parts on their 2216s are interchangeable! One thing to check for is a loose shaft setscrew. That alone will triple vibration as shown on the XAircraft log.

fltundra

Seems like Sunnysky is best bang for the buck today. The Tigers I use are hobby grade, about same price as the Sunnysky. I think those two come out of the same factory because all parts on their 2216s are interchangeable! One thing to check for is a loose shaft setscrew. That alone will triple vibration as shown on the XAircraft log.

My mn 470's have the circlip, which by itself scares the hell out of me. The kde's use 2 set screws on a shaft retaining collar.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast

That a good tip. I'm going to be digging I to these SS 3508-2o and see what I can find.

Absolute truth. 10" props and short arms are worth fighting for in a design. I went from 12" to 10" and all sorts of issues went away. Also, it is worth the trouble to track down and eliminate prop and motor vibration, even with 10" props. This vid is from today - same flight as graphs I posted above. Gotta love Blackbox - great tool for finding the issues.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
While I understand what you guys are saying (obviously the further from the center the weaker the boom, and the further from the hub the weaker the tip), I hope you're not suggesting that the superx is not supposed to be with rigs spinning 12" or more props.

I am banking on the fact that this thing can be smooth, and at least close to vibe free as possible, as long as the props/motors are in balance, and level.