XAircraft SuperX

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
How to solve your problem I also like to know.

The place I got the ESCs from (hobbypartz) and the folks from Xaircraft (both Anthony and Drew) had no answers, not to mention all the knowledgable people here. At this point I really feel like I've wasted enough time with this combo - I'm moving on.

Eventaully I'll tear the whole hex apart and swap the ESCs and see if that works ok. For now I'd like to get to enjoying the spring (it's been a long hard winter here in Vermont!). The naza fired up immediately. I'll fly it for now and when I get the bench time, I'll switch back to the superx.

Dhardjono

ok that sound like good idea evan jen jen from xaircraft suggestion was tie all red to 5 v bec and bec ground goes to battery i try but did not solder it, did not work any way .

dronemania

DJI for the win, every single time dude.
Promo videos are good, but try checking out some youtube videos from fellow rc pilots.
They usually give a good gauge on performance and ease of flight. Plus, the video footage usually shows how stable the flight is.

This set is pretty hefty both experience & price wise, but if you're looking for the ultimate experience (from an rc pilot's point of view), then this is it brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Promo videos are good, but try checking out some youtube videos from fellow rc pilots.
They usually give a good gauge on performance and ease of flight. Plus, the video footage usually shows how stable the flight is.

This set is pretty hefty both experience & price wise, but if you're looking for the ultimate experience (from an rc pilot's point of view), then this is it brother.

Pity you need to troll for customers :upset:

X

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Seems like our poor mini mouse650 doesn't like DJIs.

It seems most of your life is spent being wrong! never had a DJI product and having SuperX will never need a DJI product, have you had SuperX or just trolling because you are loosing sales to it? I have reported your post so see what the moderators makes of it, spam and trolling as far as I can see.

X

Stacky

Check out our review of the DJI Phantom

I dont own dji, nor do I own a superx but what I do know is that i wont ever buy from you.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast

I'm not sure I see it this way - it could just as easily be "HobbyWing Platinum for the loss." Honestly, it's the entire system not working together (FC/ESC/motor). At this point, I know what doesn't work - but not why. So my post was certainly neither a plug for DJI, nor a dig on the superx.

For the record, I took the superx off the hex, slapped it on my Cinetank quad (which has f-30 SimonK ESCs), reset the gains and fired it up. Bam! Flew like a charm.

As far as the videos of DJI products are concerned, I've seen plenty of videos. And some of those are terrifying - based on the fact that they entail watching a craft drift off into the sunset, gone forever. While I recognize that this can be due to pilot error and/or bad setup/calibrations, it's something that stuck with me and was top of mind when I pushed "buy now" button for the superx.

I did my own review of the Phantom 2 for Bart here on the MRF product review section. While it was a fun experience to try out a new product (that I never would have bought on my own) - it was not without its hassles. And the promise of a stress-free, out of the box experience was a little exaggerated in my opinion.

Back to our regular superx scheduled programming...

dronemania

I'm not sure I see it this way - it could just as easily be "HobbyWing Platinum for the loss." Honestly, it's the entire system not working together (FC/ESC/motor). At this point, I know what doesn't work - but not why. So my post was certainly neither a plug for DJI, nor a dig on the superx.

For the record, I took the superx off the hex, slapped it on my Cinetank quad (which has f-30 SimonK ESCs), reset the gains and fired it up. Bam! Flew like a charm.

As far as the videos of DJI products are concerned, I've seen plenty of videos. And some of those are terrifying - based on the fact that they entail watching a craft drift off into the sunset, gone forever. While I recognize that this can be due to pilot error and/or bad setup/calibrations, it's something that stuck with me and was top of mind when I pushed "buy now" button for the superx.

I did my own review of the Phantom 2 for Bart here on the MRF product review section. While it was a fun experience to try out a new product (that I never would have bought on my own) - it was not without its hassles. And the promise of a stress-free, out of the box experience was a little exaggerated in my opinion.

Back to our regular superx scheduled programming...

Yikes! I definitely haven't seen any footage of the craft drifting off into the sunset! Worth a research though..
Anyways, I'm not saying that the SuperX sucks or anything, just my personal preference on the DJI. But I like how you customized it with your cinetank. Neat stuff!

Having such debates here with fellow drone fans is what I like about this forum. Not dumb *** replies like the one "Stacky" gave. Not the least constructive..

Anyways, good argument bro. Glad that you're having a fun time with your quads. Fly safe, & fly hard :) Peace!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Yikes! I definitely haven't seen any footage of the craft drifting off into the sunset! Worth a research

really??? If you type "DJI flyaway" into google you could spend the next 1,678 hours watching the first half of the videos... :)

Have you owned (or test flown) a superx? While there will always be comparisons, I'm not sure it's really apples to apples.

And to clarify, when putting together my hex rig, I had researched successful uses of: superx with HonbyWing, Hobbywing with SS 3508-20 motors, but never found someone using all 3 together. I knew that the SS motors may have issue with SimonK firmware - which is why I ended up choosing the hobbywing. Somehow this combo really didn't like working together. Now that I've determined that superx can work fine with other ESCs and the Naza works with hobbywing - it will just be a matter of [bench] time until I get them all swapped around.

My conclusion is that the hobbyWing Platinum will end up being odd man out...

Av8Chuck

Phantom and quality Ap should never be mentioned in the same sentence, its an oxymoron.

For professional good quality AP you need something more than a GoPro and without significant modification the Phantom will not fly anything larger than a GoPro safely. And the odds increase significantly for anyone who uses a DJI controller on a MR that can carry a better camera that you will experience some sort of uncontrolled flight that usually ends badly.

The SuperX might not have all the bells and whistles that a DJI-A2 has but its certainly trustworthy.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Having such debates here with fellow drone fans is what I like about this forum

Debate is a method for interactive testing of a contentious point in a discussion, nothing in your post remotely suggested you wanted to debate, but simply stated a very poor opinion that was uniquely yours!.

Brand loyalty is a good thing, you have seen it at work here and I guess you now realise that the members of this thread are loyal to SuperX and smirk at DJI, hopefully you will be on your way.

X

Zirt57

LOL, I put "DJI Flyaway" into google search and sure enough, I could spend the next several weeks viewing all the post and only scratch the surface. So for fairness, I put "XAircraft flyaway" into the search. Guess what came up? DJI Flyaways! LOL

Jeff

karri3nen

Haha.. We just googled first superx flyaways 2 weeks before made decision to sell all DJI stuff away.... It's good thing that You get quite good money selling used DJI stuff....TO GET XAiRcRaFt products ;) ..thanks to DJI marketing guys for that :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Strato

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some feedback on my blackbox data from a scary flight I had last week with my SuperX Octocopter.

I was filming some crops near some grain silos. There were some small microwave dishes and a few cellular antennas mounted to the top of the silos. I decided to fly (stupid,I know). I had 2 flights with no interference problems. My 3rd flight did not go so well.

If you look at the flight report, everything is fine until about 64 seconds. At this point the copter got a little squirrly and started to dart to the east. I freaked and gave it some throttle to increase altitude, as it was headed towards the freeway! It continued to act unstable until about 1:43. From this point I was able to bring her back and land, but in order to keep level I was having to give a decent amount of left aileron and up elevator. If returned sticks to neutral, the craft would zoom to the right. My last inputs at land were -29% Aileron -36% Elevator!

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_06_28...500_90.1.04.17

Notable info from the flight report:

57s - Motor 1, Motor 7 increase to 99%
64s - Copter acts weird, starts to head North, then East
67s - Vibrations spike to -0.75 (due to motors at 99%?)
85s - Drop in altitude even though throttle is at 72%
242s - Altitude shows -23m even though the terrain was flat, and there is no way I could have gone below the takeoff elevation.

Any thoughts? Did I get some interference from one of the cell or microwave antennas causing the GPS or compass to be confused. If I had switched into ATT mode, would it have made the situation better? Also, if the GPS was confused and I went into RTH mode would it know where home is?

Or was it the 2.4Ghz that was being affected? If there was interference with the R/C would those disturbances show up as inputs on the black box?

Thanks in advance!

One other thing to note; I also flew near some high power lines (again, stupid, I know) earlier the same day. Could this have thrown my compass calibration out of whack?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Yikes! I definitely haven't seen any footage of the craft drifting off into the sunset! Worth a research though..
Anyways, I'm not saying that the SuperX sucks or anything, just my personal preference on the DJI. But I like how you customized it with your cinetank. Neat stuff!

Having such debates here with fellow drone fans is what I like about this forum. Not dumb *** replies like the one "Stacky" gave. Not the least constructive..

Anyways, good argument bro. Glad that you're having a fun time with your quads. Fly safe, & fly hard :) Peace!

dronemania,

for such a new member it's interesting that you're already wearing out your welcome here. that can't be very good for business, right?

abide dude.
Bart