Less than 100% Aileron

Chalagi

In the naza assistant why would my Aileron not have 100% both ways? All sticks center up in the naza including the aileron.

In the naza assistant why would my Aileron not have 100% both ways? All sticks center up in the naza including the aileron.

Have you adjusted the stick end points?
Unless it's a simple radio you should be able to adjust the end points of each channel in the Tx programming, not the assistant.

What is the range you are getting? If its in the upper 90s, I wouldn't worry. If its much lower, then Stitch is right and you probably have a Tx config you need to sort out.

Chalagi

To thr right about 50% and to the left and 65%. I kow my Aileron end points are not at 100% right now because of making the settings in the naza. But if I move them back to normal (100%) will that affect the GPS, Alti and manual modes on my radio?

I guess I'm not understanding your setup. Why are your endpoints not 100%? The naza is a fly-by-wire system, so your four main controls (T/Y/P/R) should all be -100 to +100 under normal conditions, and command the Naza inputs the full range, and centered sticks should command 0. You also need the full range from -100 to +100 to command the Naza to arm the motors.

Obviously, you'll might want to program some scenarios on the transmitter limit the full range, but that would only be to limit the authority of the controls in that direction. For example limiting yaw to -30 to +30 for finer control of yaw motion while shooting video on a 2-axis gimbal. Or for aileron, you might have a a scenario in the transmitter for limiting roll authority. Is that what you have setup? Do you have a special case where you aren't commanding -100 to +100?

But yes, whatever you setup for your endpoints will affect all Naza modes: GPS, ATT, and MAN (those aren't transmitter modes). And again, for commanding the CSC procedure to start the motors you need the full range, and for running the Naza input calibration you need the full range as well.

Can you explain your setup a little more?

Chalagi

I don't have a special case for flying. So what you are saying is that I can change my end points in the radio back to 100% left and right and the GPS, Ailt and Manual will stay the same to what I saved in the naza assistant.

Tahoe Ed

I don't have a special case for flying. So what you are saying is that I can change my end points in the radio back to 100% left and right and the GPS, Ailt and Manual will stay the same to what I saved in the naza assistant.

Set your end points at 100% and recalibrate your transmitter in assistant.

What Tahoe Ed said... set them to 100% and calibrate.

But I am afraid you might be confused about something. The only channel in your transmitter that needs to be different than -100/+100 is the channel that commands GPS/ATT/MAN/Failsafe. That channel you will need to bring the endpoints in so that the 3-position switch outputs values that make GPS, ATT, and MAN appear in blue in the Assistant Software. But just because you had to set those endpoints set to something other than 100 should not mean you set the other channels. Is that why you keep mentioning aileron limits in the same sentence as GPS/ATT/MAN?

Sorry, I am not trying to be rude; I'm just trying to understand your setup. Tahoe Ed and I are just trying to guide you through this as we understand you better.

Chalagi

I use a Spektrum DX7 and it only has (1) 3-way switch and that switch is a flight mode switch which is Aux2 on a DX7. So when I"m in naza assistant I use the Aileron end points to get my GPS, Alti and manual in blue to light up. So when I move the aileron stick I don't have 100% both was in the naza assistant. So to get 100% both ways I would have to bring those end points back to 100%. But also in doing that I guess I would loose my GPS, Alti and manual modes because that'ss the switch I change end points to get those 3 modes.

I think I'm starting to understand, but then again probably not... LOL I don't have a Spectrum, so I really can't say how to configure it. But it just seems odd that you can't set your end points for the Flight Mode switch (Aux2) as needed to get GPS/ATT/MAN, and leave Aileron end points untouched. In other words, end points for Elevator, Aileron, Rudder(yaw), and Thrust all set to 100%, and just set the end points for Aux2 to your needed values for the blue regions of GPS/ATT/MAN.

Any Spectrum DX7 users that can chime in?

Chalagi

I"m sorry I have looked at the radio wrong. The 3-way switch is the "Flap" switch (Aux2 on the rx) and the Aileron channel is at 100% both ways right now. I"m so sorry to confuse you guys. And my Aux2 switch is set to 100% also. So the only switch that's not set to 100% is the Flap switch. And the flap controls the 3-way switch. But in the naza the Aileron switch will not go to 100% both ways in the naza.

Chalagi

I ran the naza assistant using my tx and all the stick centered and turned green. But when I move the Aileron stick in the naza assistant I get less than 100% both ways and the endpoints in the tx are set to 100% both ways.

15crewdawg

Are you running dual rates? Make sure you have your dual rate set to 100% in the dual rate & Expo page.
If you use dual rates make sure you have "INDIVID" selected in the "D/R SWITCH SEL" page and not "FLAP".

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you running dual rates? Make sure you have your dual rate set to 100% in the dual rate & Expo page.
If you use dual rates make sure you have "INDIVID" selected in the "D/R SWITCH SEL" page and not "FLAP".
Good point.
I ran the naza assistant using my tx and all the stick centered and turned green. But when I move the Aileron stick in the naza assistant I get less than 100% both ways and the endpoints in the tx are set to 100% both ways.
Are you able to arm the motors? And approximately how much are you off?

Chalagi

I get 40% right and 80% left. I can arm the motors but most times they are not in sync. Kinda scared to spool her up and fly because when I move the (Flight mode 3-way) in naza assistant from GPS to Alti the Aileron stick moves way over to the left and will not center.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalagi

Well I decided to delete that setup completely in my radio and start all over with a default reset and maybe things will work out right. Anyways I have to wait on 2 new esc's to exchange for 2 that were bad on my quad so no real hurry.

Well I decided to delete that setup completely in my radio and start all over with a default reset and maybe things will work out right. Anyways I have to wait on 2 new esc's to exchange for 2 that were bad on my quad so no real hurry.
That might be the best course of action at this time. I was going to ask next if you can see what your transmitter is output? On my Futaba transmitter I can see the outputs and that is how many times I've pinpointed some incorrect operation. Just yesterday I noticed my gimbal tilt command wasn't commanding zero when centered. By looking at the transmitter output I determined the culprit was my transmitter setup. Can you monitor your outputs and see if your output is also reflecting the -80 to +40 output?

Chalagi

No with the Spektrum DX7 I can't do much except mainly check end points, mix's. pitch and throttle. I am hoping for maybe a DX8 for Christmas or sooner