XAircraft SuperX

envy

All,

I am fairly new to the multicopter world and planning to build my own x650, but deciding between dji and superx fc. Any experience with both platforms will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

envy

Why do you like it more other than cost? I am very hesitant to put the system on my unit due to the lack of information out there, but it appears to be nice.

Envy

Teamflail

Very curious about the SuperX. I have the Wookong but would like to put together a quad with the SuperX. Curious if it can compare but looks like a good unit. Hopefully we can get some other opinions in here about that system, Envy.

envy

Very curious about the SuperX. I have the Wookong but would like to put together a quad with the SuperX. Curious if it can compare but looks like a good unit. Hopefully we can get some other opinions in here about that system, Envy.

According to a few forums and an email from another pilot the superx is comparable to wookong; I'm sure the are other people that are currently using it. Spoken with a couple people about it and they like it, but they are also resellers for them and don't sell other FCs. Looks good though.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I have just bought Super X having lost confidence in Naza v1. so won't upgrade with so many reported mishaps. If I get a few flights in without trouble it will be cheap at the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

iflynavy

According to a few forums and an email from another pilot the superx is comparable to wookong; I'm sure the are other people that are currently using it. Spoken with a couple people about it and they like it, but they are also resellers for them and don't sell other FCs. Looks good though.

Compareable how with the wookong? I didn't think the superx had waypoints and the likes.

Compareable how with the wookong? I didn't think the superx had waypoints and the likes.

The base Wookong does not have Waypoints. As far as I am aware there are only four advantages the Wookong has over the SuperX:

1) The ability to upgrade to a waypoint version
2) The ability to land with a motor down in a Hex or Octo configuration (doesn't apply to quad)
3) LED Low Voltage indicator
4) The "Point of Interest" function

Both are undoubtedly EXCELLENT flight controllers. It is up to you to decide whether those features and the ecosystem of DJI are worth an additional $600+ for the Wookong. A low voltage warning beeper will cost you around $2, or you can use the OSD and FPV system that will tell you the exact voltage. As an aside, the waypoint version of the SuperX is under development. It is not possible for a quad to fly with 3 motors unless you have a motor that can spin both forward and backward from the FC. Not saying it won't be done eventually, but for now just do an intelligent pre-flight check and run up on your rig and you can keep your risk of losing a motor to a minimum. I think it is great to post reviews about controllers and remember that even if a site selling a product puts up a video, they still had to make it happen to post it!

ChrisViperM

Check this vid :

Naza and WooKong will start to puke in that wind......

Philippe Neidhard, one of the European distributors, is standing fully behind this product and is an active member on our Forum. A great guy to deal with, would answer emails and questions very fast. Try that with DJI, and you are lost.....

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

The base Wookong does not have Waypoints. As far as I am aware there are only four advantages the Wookong has over the SuperX:

1) The ability to upgrade to a waypoint version
2) The ability to land with a motor down in a Hex or Octo configuration (doesn't apply to quad)
3) LED Low Voltage indicator
4) The "Point of Interest" function

1) waypoints are coming
2) Hexa+, M1 or M4 can fail and gave redundancy, Hexa X, M3 or M6 can fail and have redundancy, and Octo, and motor can fail and you can still fly home.
3) if you have OSD, you can use that for voltage monitoring.
4) POI is also coming. Good news people.

Naterpin

There is not much info out there because it was only release a little while ago. I can not say if it will have waypoints but is does not have any now. But the way Xair is progressing it might. I am wondering if the SuperX would fit in between the DJI NaZa v2 and DJI Wookong. I do not have a Wookong so I do not know. But it is better than the Naza V1 and easier to set up.
That video is not a promotional video from XA it is just Nic's video.

iflynavy

@NIC

The day they add the waypoints and POI (Features I use Regularly, at least POI since I'm still waiting on waypoints on the current QUAD :) ) they have my money.