Ready to add FPV

jfro

Aerial Fun
Equipment ..... xy8 / avroto 2814-11, 4s 5000 mha, hoverfly pro, 11 or 12" props depending on camera, brushless gimbal, Futaba 8fgn with 1 unused channel...

I'm ready to order my FPV equipment. Based my readings and conversations from last spring, this is what I have on my list to purchase.
I don't need extra equipment like cables/ voltage reducers etc, just the rx/tx & antennas.

Initially, I will not be flying a great distance from where I'll be. Would guess no more than 100 yards (300 ft) out and a 100-200ft up.
Will be connecting to a monitor, not goggles.

This is what I have on my list and I'd like opinions if this is a good setup.

600mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter
Retail Price: $69.99

5.8GHz 600mW Tx
Great Range, Lightweight…
5.8GHz Uno Receiver
Retail Price: $61.99

Ground Station Component Receiver:
5.8 GHz SpiroNET Patch Antenna (RHCP)
Retail Price: $69.99
5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni Antenna Set (RHCP)
Retail Price: $39.99

In googling tonight, I'm guessing these are all Immersion products?
I'm also don't know which antenna goes on my MR and what on the receiver?

I'd welcome advice and suggestions. Also places to buy as the few places I buy from either don't carry these or are out.. Ready to order and start my next phase....

kloner

Aerial DP
yep, good stuff... what camera you gonna use to fly from or not worried about that as much as framing shots? hdmi converter?

full-image.php

jfro

Aerial Fun
yep, good stuff... what camera you gonna use to fly from or not worried about that as much as framing shots? hdmi converter?

Just re-confirming before I pull the trigger. I'm assuming I'm going to get most of what I need to make the cables to hook all this together. I'm sure some soldering will be in order, but that's no issue.

I will be flying gh2, gh3, & gopro 3 for video and occasional ap work. I may fly my 5d Mark II just for AP work, although I'm not 100% sure I have the capacity. I have some new 40amp ESC's coming and going to go all 12" props, so I may be ok. With 2 -5000 mah bats I'm at 12lbs with one of the gh cameras. Don't remember which one I weighed it with. There is 1/4 lb difference between the two and another 1/2 to 3/4 lb for the 5d Mark II. I'm at 50% hoover at 12lbs and 11" props...

I have an hdmi converter, (http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Com...qid=1375977728&sr=8-2&keywords=hdmi+converter) but it doesn't seem to work all my cameras. Will have to go a different route.

I use similar voltage reducers like I've seen on your posts. Years ago I bought 10 of them so I could use different batteries with my cameras for time exposures etc.... Good stuff. I've though of putting some glue on the screw that sets the voltage to hold it in place. Using one now to knock 4s down to 12v for my brushless gimbal on my xy8. I use 12 volts so I can use a regular 12v battery when I work on calibrating the brushless gimbal. Just a quick unplug/plug to change... If I fly with one battery, I throw a small 12 volt on the other battery mount and run the gimbal that way.

I'll eventually upgrade to bigger motors, but for now, this is it....

Thanks for the confirmation....

kloner

Aerial DP
that freefly one kills it. on your cameras make sure to turn down the hdmi out resolution to 1080 60i or 720p

the gh3 works on that converter you have but you gotta give it 5 volts, and even then, it sucks

jfro

Aerial Fun
I've read that the Freefly one works with just about everything.... Little pricey, but might have to go that way if I don't get the others to work. I'll check the 720p setting on output.... Does that work with 60p ?

kloner

Aerial DP
yes...... its not the cameras recording rate, it's the hdmi output resolution.... two different things in there. the gh3 is 720 60p,,,, nex is 1080 60i.... otherwise they either dont work or overheat converters fast