XAircraft Stella Gimbal

Dhardjono

Sorry but i am disappointed in Stella i have it hook up on my 650 v4 which the motor and esc is a piece of junk today 1 prop broke it was flying oin my living room is just snap of and drop no damage ,Ok back to Stella i hook up the tilt which is the pitch and not getting smooth tilt also it jerks when i am not moving the dial jerk every 30 sec to 1 min if i unplug it than it fantastic. It software seem to be the same as the one in the web site so it up to date there are option you can put Stela upside down for top mount which is awesome you must check off in gui the sbus i think it combines roll and tilt together and using the y wire you plug to receiver for roll and tilt but not sure yet. so i have only footage of my living room video on v4. Tuesday i will get my 650 pro with all the good esc motor so i will try it on there . Today i will still search for my lost 650 pro still out there some where i was going to use v4 to fly over and see if i can locate it but no extra prop.I forgot the usb that on the front i thought i can get video out from gopro but no so now i have to unscrew every time when i want the video they should have connected so i can retrieve on the usb port.Here a video of this guy putting stella on his small hex quad mini and his review. [video]http://www.fpvguy.com/2014/02/xaircraft-stella-gimbal-preview.html[/video]

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Sorry but i am disappointed in Stella i have it hook up on my 650 v4 which the motor and esc is a piece of junk today 1 prop broke it was flying oin my living room is just snap of and drop no damage ,Ok back to Stella i hook up the tilt which is the pitch and not getting smooth tilt also it jerks when i am not moving the dial jerk every 30 sec to 1 min if i unplug it than it fantastic. It software seem to be the same as the one in the web site so it up to date there are option you can put Stela upside down for top mount which is awesome you must check off in gui the sbus i think it combines roll and tilt together and using the y wire you plug to receiver for roll and tilt but not sure yet. so i have only footage of my living room video on v4. Tuesday i will get my 650 pro with all the good esc motor so i will try it on there . Today i will still search for my lost 650 pro still out there some where i was going to use v4 to fly over and see if i can locate it but no extra prop.I forgot the usb that on the front i thought i can get video out from gopro but no so now i have to unscrew every time when i want the video they should have connected so i can retrieve on the usb port.Here a video of this guy putting stella on his small hex quad mini and his review. [video]http://www.fpvguy.com/2014/02/xaircraft-stella-gimbal-preview.html[/video]

Was that your new carbon fibre props Daniel?

You should pop over to the Stella thread at RCGroups.com I think you'll find better answers there.

David

Dhardjono

Was that your new carbon fibre props Daniel?

You should pop over to the Stella thread at RCGroups.com I think you'll find better answers there.

David

no it was plastic that came with it it just snap it half not even 2 battery also lock nut broke not on that prop on the other but that stuttering it must be some thing that i am doing wrong. OK maybe start at rcgroup but i will email xair international here a video of what happening.[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zlmcjleika73hk/2014-02-23%2015.47.05.mp4[/video]

Ton4

Here some shot from STELLA GIMBAL

Looks nice. Very little vibration, most of the time even zero vibes. Tilt is too fast sometimes, and its a pity its not (yet) a 3 axis. But for a 2-axis, very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

Ok i installed the new software that international xaircraft Anthony help me they are great suport people. and so far no more stuttering i just finish my new 650 pro and installed superx and stella to it tomorrow i will see how Stella will perform should be great!
David i have a question if you got a new kit with every thing new should i make a new model on Trannis or use old one ? I know it of topic.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Ok i installed the new software that international xaircraft Anthony help me they are great suport people. and so far no more stuttering i just finish my new 650 pro and installed superx and stella to it tomorrow i will see how Stella will perform should be great!
David i have a question if you got a new kit with every thing new should i make a new model on Trannis or use old one ? I know it of topic.

Same model will be fine, just remember to do your calibrations including the radio sticks, good luck

David

Dhardjono

Stella so far so good been flying with her for over a week i get more time because it so light the unscrewing to get micro sd card is not a problem easy in easy out fastest uninstalling the gopro gimbal i ever had. Few thing i wish for if upgrade 1-if they can turn on and of the charging of gopro 2- if we can take video out from the usb but 2 is not a big deal .

wbrownj

Hi All, please can you help me.
I just recently got my Stella and all was good up until today when I hit a branch and took a tumble. No major damage but the video cable that goes from the Stella to my OSD module is busted.
The plug that goes into the OSD is fine but on the end that goes into the Stella, all the wires were ripped off the plug.
The plug has only three connectors but the cable has four wires (shield, black, red, white) though I THINK from memory that only the white wire and the shield wire need to be connected to the plug.
But to which pins?? Could anyone provide a photo of their connector showing the wiring or at least describe how I need to connect things back again. So for example if I had the plug lying in front of me and facing left (so I can see the silver bits) and I number the silver bits bottom=1, middle=2, top=3 what wires do I need to connect to what pins.

Many thanks for your kind assistance

Jonathan

Dhardjono

Hi All, please can you help me.
I just recently got my Stella and all was good up until today when I hit a branch and took a tumble. No major damage but the video cable that goes from the Stella to my OSD module is busted.
The plug that goes into the OSD is fine but on the end that goes into the Stella, all the wires were ripped off the plug.
The plug has only three connectors but the cable has four wires (shield, black, red, white) though I THINK from memory that only the white wire and the shield wire need to be connected to the plug.
But to which pins?? Could anyone provide a photo of their connector showing the wiring or at least describe how I need to connect things back again. So for example if I had the plug lying in front of me and facing left (so I can see the silver bits) and I number the silver bits bottom=1, middle=2, top=3 what wires do I need to connect to what pins.

Many thanks for your kind assistance

Jonathan
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jy05fzedayb34d5/2014-03-09 13.08.12.jpg here a picture of mine white is video black is ground

wbrownj

Many thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated. Can I just check that you use your connector with a Stella.
The reason I ask is that when my wires snapped from the plug, the red and BLACK wires seemed cut very short ( almost as if not used) and the shield wire was long as if it was conce onnected to the plug. My white wire is actually still connected but to the BOTTOM connector which in your photo has no connection.

Thanks again

Jonathan

Dhardjono

View attachment 16665View attachment 16665The reason I ask is that when my wires snapped from the plug, the red and BLACK wires seemed cut very short ( almost as if not used) and the shield wire was long as if it was conce onnected to the plug. My white wire is actually still connected but to the BOTTOM connector which in your photo has no connection.

Thanks again

Jonathan[/QUOTE]
DO you use fpv if so do you get interference lines and also less strenth on the tx ever since i am suing stella i get these problem and you?

Attachments

• 2014-03-09 22.10.59.jpg
    2014-03-09 22.10.59.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 308

wbrownj

Hi Dhardjono,
Thanks for the photo... So it looks like the shield, red and white are connected. Is black not connected. Sorry but it is still a bit hard to see fron the photo.

I do have fpv capability but have not yet really tested it to any great extent with the Stella. That said, I use a screen attached to my Tx ( rather than goggles) and I did wonder if the picture quality was a bit 'liney'. It was nothing very pronounced and to be certain I need to do more tests when I have fixed the cable.

Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hi Dhardjono,
Thanks for the photo... So it looks like the shield, red and white are connected. Is black not connected. Sorry but it is still a bit hard to see fron the photo.

I do have fpv capability but have not yet really tested it to any great extent with the Stella. That said, I use a screen attached to my Tx ( rather than goggles) and I did wonder if the picture quality was a bit 'liney'. It was nothing very pronounced and to be certain I need to do more tests when I have fixed the cable.

Jonathan

I hope this helps but with a normal connection to the Xaircraft OSD only 2 wires are involved, the white wire is video and the black wire being the ground.

If connecting to third part equipment such as a GoPro connector, then the white wire for the OSD is connected to a yellow wire.

Other connections are not required, red normally is designated for power.

David