XAircraft Stella Gimbal

skquad

Very strange, I just re-connected the SBUS set up to try to help, and it is not working!, it is the same radio profile as before but the gimbals and switches are dead, the rest of the SBUS is fine, all controls are working just no Stella, I have swapped the leads around, confirmed Stella works on a straight Ch9 for pitch.

I'll fiddle a bit more but can't explain it now, maybe something in the Stella controller is faulty/blown :dejection:

EDIT: Got it working again, you might want to try this, before setting up the SBUS run a servo lead from P to a channel, in my case 9 at the same time run a servo lead from S to channel 10 and set it to a 3 way switch this is now mode for Stella off,] Speed mode,] Pos mode, ]

Now plug in the Y cable removing the P cable from your RX but using the S cable and the cable from IO X, and then set up the radio channels,

Still too many switches and actions for my liking but I'll leave it at SBUS for a while to help anybody out

EDIT 2: Something I have just encountered, it seems Stella needs to have gone through its initial start-up sequence before you turn on the radio otherwise the SBUS remains inactive. Previously I have always done radio then battery, with Stella in SBUS I need to do battery wait until Stella upright then radio, otherwise I have no SBUS to Stella. If you are like me and do radio then battery it might be why it doesn't seem like Stella is working for you.

David

Thanks David, I'll try changing the order of power up tonight and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skquad

Very strange, I just re-connected the SBUS set up to try to help, and it is not working!, it is the same radio profile as before but the gimbals and switches are dead, the rest of the SBUS is fine, all controls are working just no Stella, I have swapped the leads around, confirmed Stella works on a straight Ch9 for pitch.

I'll fiddle a bit more but can't explain it now, maybe something in the Stella controller is faulty/blown :dejection:

EDIT: Got it working again, you might want to try this, before setting up the SBUS run a servo lead from P to a channel, in my case 9 at the same time run a servo lead from S to channel 10 and set it to a 3 way switch this is now mode for Stella off,] Speed mode,] Pos mode, ]

Now plug in the Y cable removing the P cable from your RX but using the S cable and the cable from IO X, and then set up the radio channels,

Still too many switches and actions for my liking but I'll leave it at SBUS for a while to help anybody out

EDIT 2: Something I have just encountered, it seems Stella needs to have gone through its initial start-up sequence before you turn on the radio otherwise the SBUS remains inactive. Previously I have always done radio then battery, with Stella in SBUS I need to do battery wait until Stella upright then radio, otherwise I have no SBUS to Stella. If you are like me and do radio then battery it might be why it doesn't seem like Stella is working for you.

David so you don't go threw the sbus on the tx at all just plug to 10 and plug to 9 for p after set up 10 than unplug the 9 going to p ?

Dhardjono, I think you misunderstood Davids post. As of edit 2 you can ignore edit 1 - this is he came to realize the power order issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dhardjono

Dhardjono, I think you misunderstood Davids post. As of edit 2 you can ignore edit 1 - this is he came to realize the power order issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ok squad but still can not use sbus for my trannis don't know how i heard from other forum you use 1 to 8 using regular wire and use sbus just for the stella but i realy don't need roll and 90 tilt so not realy concern me except just like to know how to connect it.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
ok squad but still can not use sbus for my trannis don't know how i heard from other forum you use 1 to 8 using regular wire and use sbus just for the stella but i realy don't need roll and 90 tilt so not realy concern me except just like to know how to connect it.

Daniel, SBUS does work with Taranis, connect the SBUS per the manual, when every thing is connected and you have set up your channels in the radio and you have power off, do this:

Apply power to the vehicle wait until Stella has initialised, is upright and level, THEN turn on the radio and let it bind, then test your gimbals and radio.

It does work believe me.

David

Dhardjono

Daniel, SBUS does work with Taranis, connect the SBUS per the manual, when every thing is connected and you have set up your channels in the radio and you have power off, do this:

Apply power to the vehicle wait until Stella has initialised, is upright and level, THEN turn on the radio and let it bind, then test your gimbals and radio.

Ok David let me try but first set up channel like 9 for tilt and 10 for the 3 way switch and that all? than turn on stella than radio and it should work let me try never try it that way . thanks!

skquad

It does work believe me.

David

Doesn't work for me - 9XR with Orx 2.4GHZ Tx/Rx...

The Rx just flashes on powerup and SuperX flashes red as if no Rx signal....

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Stella using a S-Bus connection, all modes available, radio FrSky Taranis

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Idahobell

Banned
The Stella is nice but with the connection to the Gopro being through the USB port you can't record video and transmit video at the same time.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
The Stella is nice but with the connection to the Gopro being through the USB port you can't record video and transmit video at the same time.

Maybe you meant to type something else or I don't understand what you did type, but the Stella allows for recording by Hero 3 and 3+ and at the same time connection to an OSD or VTX permitting video transmission at the same time as recording.

David

Idahobell

Banned
My understanding straight from GoPro is that the Hero3+ won't record video or photos and provide live feed through the USB. They said it has to be through the serial port on the rear of the camera only. Since the Stella works through the USB port I was assuming it would not record and live feed at the same time.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
My understanding straight from GoPro is that the Hero3+ won't record video or photos and provide live feed through the USB. They said it has to be through the serial port on the rear of the camera only. Since the Stella works through the USB port I was assuming it would not record and live feed at the same time.

You have either misunderstood what you were told or the person who told you did not have a clue!

You can record using the GoPro of any version and via the USB port output a video signal, you can also power and or charge the battery via the USB port, the USB port has nothing to do with recording only playback & Monitoring.

I have a 3 axis Gimbals and it is connected via a USB connection cable to a OSD and VTX, you can search the Internet and will see many cables available that will connect to external devices and some that will power the GoPro, even GoPro have some in their accessories.

In the case of Stella they take the connection from the USB to a port on the controller and provide a cable for connection to the OSD/VTX, in summary the USB has nothing to do with video recording.

David

Idahobell

Banned
If I have the Futaba 8fgs and the receiver is using the one s.bus port to the Naza does anybody know how I can use s.bus from the receiver to the Stella?