XAircraft Stella Gimbal

rwilabee

I would like to know how you attach Stella to an Xaircraft X650 Pro. Pictures if possible. In the pictures of Stella I don't see anything to attach it to the under rails.

I am sure for some, yes, it is stellar! :)

By the way, it comes with the arms and everything you need to connect it up except the GoPro.

~T.J.

Av8Chuck

its a bit pricey but I guess if its plug and play and works well it could be worth it.

Anyone have any footage from it yet?

It is truly plug and play with Stella.

I think XAircraft needs to work on their website a little more. They had quite a bit of information on their site that simply went away after the change at the beginning of the year.

Their products are getting better and better......

Yeah, Ali's shot at the end show that he has been possessed!! :)

~T.J.

Av8Chuck

Do you remember how bad his first reviews were? The stadium where he flies wasn't even built yet.. He has really stuck with it it and now has a good thing going.

This is a nice looking gimbal.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
My only problem is that this is specifically designed for for hero 3 only. I have a couple hero 2 that I'd love to use.

Oh well, an excuse to spend more $ :)

Debian Dog

Old Heli Guy
My only problem is that this is specifically designed for for hero 3 only. I have a couple hero 2 that I'd love to use.

Yes but the 4 is going to come out shortly too (this year and I would guess Oct-Nov)

The GoPro HD Hero 4 will be powered by the Ambarella A9 camera SoC, which, besides being able to film in 4K resolution at 30fps, will be able to record in ultra high framerate modes for HD and fullHD, namely 1080p at 120fps, and 720p at 240fps.Also included in the A9 specifications is 700Mpixels/s oversampling performance, multi-exposure HDR and WDR tone mapping, and electronic image stabilization (EIS). There’s also WiFi capabilities with remote viewfinder and playback functions.

Zirt57

Before they released it I asked them to make it compatible with all versions of GoPro. Being designed only for the GoPro Hero 3, they are limiting their market. Like I told them, I'm not going to upgrade my camera for a gimbal, I'll buy a gimbal for my camera.

Jeff

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Before they released it I asked them to make it compatible with all versions of GoPro. Being designed only for the GoPro Hero 3, they are limiting their market. Like I told them, I'm not going to upgrade my camera for a gimbal, I'll buy a gimbal for my camera.

Jeff

I'm right there with you. I have a few older GoPros that are working just fine for me - so I am not looking to upgrade any time soon. And I also have a Nex5, so if upgrades were to happen - it would be a different Gimbal (and the rest needed) that could handle the bigger camera.

I just grabbed one of the Witespy RTF gimbals to dip my toe in the water. Not expecting perfect results, but hoping it is a cheap way to figure out the learning curve...

Av8Chuck

I'm right there with you. I have a few older GoPros that are working just fine for me - so I am not looking to upgrade any time soon. And I also have a Nex5, so if upgrades were to happen - it would be a different Gimbal (and the rest needed) that could handle the bigger camera.

I just grabbed one of the Witespy RTF gimbals to dip my toe in the water. Not expecting perfect results, but hoping it is a cheap way to figure out the learning curve...

Let us know how that goes. You might want to start a new thread to share your experiences with this gimbal.