Monto RC Hobby **Avroto** Motors Contest Giveaway!! Beyond the hover!

warthox

I said check back in an hour... JOKING! But as Matwell said you best not be just doing landings and take off's!.. Read the comp rules.. we're also looking for the artistic bit!
BTW welcome to MRF.. your reputation as a flyer is pretty much legendary.. ;-)
Now your here it would be good for you to stay a while and not just for the copter-tition and chuck some of your fairy dust our way!
Dave
Bart stop being a creep!.... he a'int in your neighbourhood so you ain't going to get free lessons!

i didnt get it ;)

Welcome aboard Warthox. At your skill level, creativity will be extra important. :p
BTW, Thanks for all the videos you make. You really 'up the bar' for what can be done.
Now you guys know why I suggested a random winner from x number of entries. :)

thanks for the nice words :)

ok what if i only take part for fun and my entry doesnt count?
its the first fun multicopter contest i know of and id love to take part. if its just for fun or for a prize doesnt matter...
so it could be easier for others to win.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
warthox,
i appreciate the sentiment but you're eligible to win, like it or not. best you can do is to be one of five in the random drawing. that leaves four other entries to be considered. this is about getting everyone to break free of the hover and fly these things. if we can accomplish that then the obstacle course challenge comes next.......stay tuned :D:D

This sounds like fun. I brought my quad and tri with me and if it's not too hot at lunch today i'll do a little practicing.

I can't wait to see Warthox's video. Land loop land flip land roll land hurricane land.... all faster than i'll probably get 2 laps in!

FlyEYE

Here's another video showing a 2 minute run followed by some "extras".

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

That's awesome! You have no idea what a smile that put on my face.
You've got weeks to go to if you want to make additional submissions but I think you deserve a lot of credibility at voting time for being the first to post an entry.
Well done!
Bart

FlyEYE

Awwww. Thanks.
I hope to have some fun with the next one but my coworkers are starting to talk. Might need another venue (and more spare parts).

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Had a practice run today
First attempt took off then slid off the end of the table but managed to get airborn again .Second time in ,fell off the end of the table and slammed into the warehouse wall:(
Result one broken prop,and a bent motor mount:(
To top it off the camera didn`t even capture anything:(

Anyway its straightened out now ,ready for a trip up to the English Lake District this weekend:)
This "coptest " could get costly.

warthox

heres the first testrun i made befor knowing about the landing rules... ;)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
EXCELLENT... Love the flip when it worked with the thud on the table then on the ground plate.. Its just a good job as a Moderator I can't join the contest as my triple pirouette with half pike is something to see ;-)

I guess you will produce something special for the final event..

Brilliant..

Dave

Just did my first practice run on this, should have let the wind die down that added a little extra degree of difficulty. I'll try again tomorrow and see if i can get one worth of posting.

juz

FPV pilot
Haha, same here. Did a practice run today...way too windy, but I don't have much time to fly ATM. Short winter days, work and family taking all my time..so I just went for it.

It was FUN. This competition is going to help my flying..I am discovering new skills that I hadn't thought of developing. Thanks for the comp :D

Hey Droider, just do a video to inspire us;)

Bartman

i forget sometimes that our summer is winter in the S. Hemisphere. Sorry!! I'll make sure to have something 6 months from now so you guys can have an easier time. Maybe something like using the heli's to make snow angels? Would that be better? :)

Ok So this is my attempt to stand out for the contest entries. I had a soccerball sitting 15' away and i was landing behind it. I figured my gopro would be able to get a little better video of this but if for any reason this doesn't work with the rules let me know and i'll do another.

Entry:

Also if anyone wants to see, this was me practicing and playing with Adobe Premier elements to see what a theme was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgBcxoM0Py8

Emowillcox

nice try...Warthox..gotta love those flips.. you said before the landing rules is this not the way your supposed to do the laps?

Hey Tonka it says your video has been removed.

heres the first testrun i made befor knowing about the landing rules... ;)