Flying Weight limit found!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well after working away all week and building a list of what I would do if the weekend weather was pants I just completed my flight weight test on my ADX3.

DW state max 3 kilos FW. I would probably disagree with this a bit. YES my set up will fly more than 3 kilos but its really pushing the envelope. I strapped my new Canon 550D on and put it on the scales. 3125g approx. Flying results. Motors hot, vibrations on the video I have not seen before and just felt horrible. Would I do a shoot with this set up.. NO.

So I have weighed all my setups. I recon the optimum flying weight for the ADX3 is about 2750g. So Sony Nex5 with 16mm lens.

Flying it with the GoPro is a breeze and I would not want to fly it any heavier than with the 18mm-55mm lens on the Nex5. So I would suggest that 2800g is really as heavy as you want to fly it.

So.. now it looks like to fly my Canon 550D I need another setup.. mmm ADX6HL or ADX8HL.

Current set up
AXI 2217/20
Graupner 11x5 props
Overlander 5000mah / 4cell / 25c

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebbie

Thanks for the info Droider, its most appreciated :)

Oh and dont leave the Magners in the window the sun will warm it up :p

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Oh and dont leave the Magners in the window the sun will warm it up :p

The great think about her indoors being away you dont have to tidy up from the night before!

AND

You can spread everything all over the kitchen rather than be confined to the garage!