Monto RC Hobby **Avroto** Motors Contest Giveaway!! Beyond the hover!

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Do we have to land on the point 15 feet away, or just fly out 15 feet and back to land on the table?
Are there any dimensions for the table top?
Can it be done indoors?
Will I score more points if I come in at speed on the last lap ,then crash into the table ,before bursting into flames?:)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
flames are very appealing to voters, or so I've been told. Landings are required on the table and on the ground. the table can be as big as you want but the ground point has to be fifteen ft away from the nearest edge of the table. once it's set up just fly, fly, fly and then drop a photon torpedo into the vent shaft to take out the death star. :)
bart

FlyEYE

Here's a link to me practicing and I need a lot more. I found it easier with a lighter touch down versus a bump.
I've set the bar rather low, let's see more videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I was out back trying it out earlier today with one of the mini quads. Used a pile of patio blocks I have stacked over next to the house as the table taking off from there and landing on a slightly bald spot on the lawn about 20 feet away. Only real difficulty was the D**m gardner didn't mow the grass this past weekend and it kept snagging the props as I landed or started to take off again usually causing a ground loop, otherwise known as a flip from zero altitude. Other than that I had fun flying back and forth in different orientations and even tried to piro yaw all the way from table to lawn but that proved to be rather difficult with the wind blowing in over the fence. Tomorrow if I have time during lunch break I'll setup the video camera and try to get some of a practice session recorded, should be amusing!

Ken

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Are we sure this competition isn`t sponsored by a prop supplier;)

Nice flying Flyeye,especially as you seemed to be in a bit of a wind tunnel.

FlyEYE

Thanks guys. Yah, it is a bit of a wind tunnel. Will give it another go today. I mowed down the grass in a few spots as well. BTW that marks my very 1st online video :)

Update: Another busted prop, bent motor shaft, busted arm, cracked frame, it was very gusty at times but I got film footage of a full 2 minute run!

warthox

hi together,

thats a cool contest with a very cool prize :)

i have some questions.
if i understood the rules correct i have to do that:

a table. min 30inch high ( a bit high? ). no matter how big it is. no holes in the surface.
start from the table and fly to a point on the ground. min 15ft (5m) away. land there.
now back to the table and land there again.
and that how often u can within 2min.

my questions.
how big has the landing point on the ground to be? can i land behind a line on the ground which is min 15ft away from the table and it doesnt matter where exactly i land? or does the landing point have specific dimensions like 3ft x 3ft ?
what counts as landing? i have no landing gear, so i have to land on my battery. does it also count when i hit the landing point/table with a part of my copter like an arm or a prop?

regards markus

warthox

Bart I see just one problem. if someone speeds up the video which is very easily done with most edit software these days. Or even undercranks the camera. Then that would not make a level playing field. I would suggest a clock on the table. As a first safeguard. and timeline data to be included. No edit cuts permitted.

i think cool guys, like we are, dont have to cheat. u can easily recognize videos which are speeded up.
and hey, such a contest is for fun. cheating is stupid.

Bartman

Markus,
Welcome to the forums, thanks for joining us. You can land anywhere on the ground provided it's 15 ft or more from the table surface. The table can be as big as you'd like.
Good luck, we look forward to seeing what you come up with (no pressure). :)
Bart

Bartman

The X-OP-650 is back up and flying. Just had two short flights and now it needs some PID tweaking. If I can get that done tonight and have a few good flights tomorrow I might be able to get a demo video worked out although FlyEYE did a pretty good job of showing what has to be done.
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Warthox YOUR BANNED!...... Just going to block any videos you post.... see if you can log back on in an hour!

matwelli

Warthox YOUR BANNED!...... Just going to block any videos you post.... see if you can log back on in an hour!

Thats not Fair ! Warthox can join in, we just require three forward flips, 3 rolls and a high speed lap before each touch and go :)

Hmm, this about sums up my weekend - no trying the comp
View attachment 579

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 289

warthox

Markus,
Welcome to the forums, thanks for joining us. You can land anywhere on the ground provided it's 15 ft or more from the table surface. The table can be as big as you'd like.
Good luck, we look forward to seeing what you come up with (no pressure). :)
Bart

thanks for the nice welcome :)

why?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I said check back in an hour... JOKING! But as Matwell said you best not be just doing landings and take off's!.. Read the comp rules.. we're also looking for the artistic bit!

BTW welcome to MRF.. your reputation as a flyer is pretty much legendary.. ;-)

Now your here it would be good for you to stay a while and not just for the copter-tition and chuck some of your fairy dust our way!

Dave

Bart stop being a creep!.... he a'int in your neighbourhood so you ain't going to get free lessons!

Bartman

i'm glad he showed up finally....the contest is supposed to motivate everyone to bring out their a-game.....if warthox make everyone else try harder then so be it.
i've got my idea ready to go but I need a helper to make it work.....creativity counts in the event you can't burn through lap after lap at blistering speeds
videos anyone?

FlyEYE

Does my picnic table count or should I slap on a sheet of plywood to block to spaces between the slats? I'll figure a picnic table would be convenient for many.

Crash

Defies Psychics
Welcome aboard Warthox. At your skill level, creativity will be extra important. :p
BTW, Thanks for all the videos you make. You really 'up the bar' for what can be done.

Now you guys know why I suggested a random winner from x number of entries. :)