Monto RC Hobby **Avroto** Motors Contest Giveaway!! Beyond the hover!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I have an IMPORTANT question regarding this contest..............

Do you need more time or are you holding your entry until the end so you don't give up your creative ideas?

Please post and let me know what's going on. I'd like to see more entries before we close the contest but if they just aren't going to happen then we'll go with what we have.

Entries close this Friday. We can extend that date by a couple of weeks if we have to.

Thanks!
Bart

warthox

i think many will post their videos on friday so nobody can steal their idea ;)
the price is hot and many people know about this contest so i cant believe that there will no more videos be posted...

Z06 Tony

the price is hot and many people know about this contest so i cant believe that there will no more videos be posted...

I agree. Dont see why guys need more than a month to submit a simple video. I recruited 4 HOT Babes in Bikinis to use as my line to fly over. Told them I was shooting an MTV video. LOL just kidding. Now I might have given up a good idea. Just make sure if you guys use my idea the girls are buns up LOL.

Bartman

ok then. entries close according to the original schedule.
carry on. :)
bartman

juz

FPV pilot
Gee, I better come up with a better video then ;) Too cold for bikinis here Tony:p

Efliernz

Pete
Efliernz - entry #1, my new Hexacopter

Here we go...
Severely running out of time so here is my Coptercontrol diy 2Kg Hexacopter. Less than 1 hour total flight time and still so much fine tuning to go - but it is a post :cool:
I back onto a park but my table can't go through the gateway. Always good to have a clothes-line directly behind the line to prevent over-flying :eek:

Only 15 circuits but I never crashed ;)

Thanks for the competition guys.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
Efliernz - entry #2, my Tricopter

It's always lit up like the proverbial Christmas Tree but the nights and wind didn't work and I ran out of time.

16 circuits - nothing fancy but I have out-takes in this one :cool:

Thanks again all ;)

Pete

warthox

another video.. it took its time to get 2min without crashing ;)
second quad was flown by siberian...

Hi there!

I'm pretty new to multirotors, only been flying for about a month. But I have a project of flying a DSLR in near future, like many of us I think. So I decided to give it a shot, though I know, that I really can't compete with the Experienced and Skilled. What the heck, it was fun anyway!

The location is Helsinki, Finland, where I live at. And the place is a summer cabin or a hut more likely. In the video you can see a solar panel and I actually charged the flight batteries of my Y6 with solar energy! And there's an extra level of difficulty since my 9 month old daughter is sleeping inside the cabin and I don't want to wake her up (ofcourse I did at the end...). I'm on my fathers leave at the moment while my wife is at work so I only get to fly at afternoon nap time.

Here we go, only 9 laps. The second touch was a bit light but it was there. At the end is a collection of crashes.

Thank you for watching!

-Mika

Efliernz

Pete
If Mika keeps flying like that, he will gradually enlarge his flying area leaf by leaf :)

What an awesome place. I love the solar charging. I have done that too on occassions although I have a 18 x 48" panel.

Pete

Bartman

Hello again everyone,

It's morning on the east coast of the United States and in just 14 hours and 15 minutes we'll be closing the MontoRC Avroto motors contest (affectionately titled "Beyond the Hover!) to new entries. Videos have been posted but I suspect we'll see more entries appear as we get closer to the deadline.

Voting will begin on Sunday morning and we'll ask for the membership to pick the five best videos. From the five voted best by you we'll randomly select a winner. The winner will receive SIX (6!!) free Avroto 2814 short shaft motors, a prize worth $300!!

http://montorc.com/M2814Shaft.aspx

Thank you very much to Monto RC Hobby (www.montorc.com) for sponsoring this contest and to the many fine multi-rotor pilots that have already submitted videos.

Contest thread is here,

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?666-Monto-RC-Hobby-**Avroto**-Motors-Contest...

Cancel work, get a babysitter, clear out the living room, shovel the snow off the back patio, do whatever it takes just get that video done!! Including crash footage is greatly appreciated by the membership!! :)

Happy Flying!
Bartman

Bartman

You can look but don't touch!!

View attachment 782

Who's going to be the proud new owner?!?!

Good luck to everyone...stay tuned :)

Attachments

• avrotocontestmotors.jpg
    avrotocontestmotors.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 339

Cool, i need some good motors for my big tri! Or maybe it could become a hex....

I tried this with my quad last night to see if i could make a better entry. it was actually a lot more difficult than with my little mini tricopter.

Bartman

i would expect a loose interpretation of a table to be acceptable. basically a flat, level surface at the required height above the ground would do.
Good luck,
Bart