Lumix GH4

kloner

Aerial DP
oooh, the lumitry thing looks nice, best one yet. Shoulda known there was something in there. thanks for the post education.

to make stuff pop i usually get the white balance looking right, saturate all of it, correct the bright, contrast..... that the right way to go about it? in this case ran lumitry saturation 1.2, bright contrast and it looks better than anything i posted. crisp, better contrast, rich color

Av8Chuck

Sorry, this will be on a

Y6 or Hex
SuperX
KDE3510XF-475
KDE 35A ESC's
15-16" Props
6S

AUW approximately 5.5Kg/12lb.

Zenmuse only works with DJI controllers, right?

Av8Chuck

yea and certain lenses....

I've flown those motors on a disco, i'd be going bigger if possible

Anything is possible, I haven't built the Y6/Hex yet. How much bigger would you recommend? The KDE4012XF-400? And if so what size and brand of prop?

Although the product description states that you can use up to 16" props for the KDE3510XF-475, the spec sheet only goes to 15". I emailed Chris and he told me that its not a typo and that they will be updating the spec sheet soon. I'd expect that the -475 with 16" props would provide about 3.20lbs (6S) of thrust so that should be about 19lbs at 50% which almost double my AUW.

I'm going from a quad with a SuperX, Avrotto's 2814-770Kv, 12" props and an AUW of about 7.5lbs. It hovers at about 50% and it rock solid it's really responsive, nothing gets hot and it just sounds smooth and effortless. I'd like to scale that up for the GH4 with what I'm estimating as an AUW of about 12 or 13 pounds. I'm a little concerned about going with much larger props and lower Kv motors that it might not be as responsive and smooth. I'd like to hear your opinion.

The price difference is negligible so I'm not concerned about that, I just want something that will lift the GH4 dependably and with as much ease as my Quad lifts the GoPro. I'm also not trying to get 30 minutes of flight time, anything above 12-15 would be great.

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, in that direction..... pretty sure that motor wants a 18" prop. if you want to stick with 15-16 look at 3520. ask the manufacturer about the best prop for there motor and decide from there

Buzz_Roavr

GH4 Ordered! Can't wait to get playing with it. I'll need to get a prime lens for aerials. Any recommendations?

Best, Matt.

kloner

Aerial DP
check out the new leica offerings. the 12-35 lumix is always a good choice. 7-14 is awesome for wide,,,,,

if it's a zenmeuse gimbal, you need a specific lens

Vortex

Got to fly our GH4 yesterday and although it was really windy and we were trying to do some close in stuff it went quite well. We still have a lot to learn about the camera but my initial thoughts are this is a very nice camera and well suited to the task.

Looking forward to flying it more :)

daniel

this is the first job i did with my GH4, all shot in 4KC...this camera is amazing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

That looks great. I know this might be a bit old hat for those who have flown a Red or canon C300 but I get as excited looking at the footage from the GH4 as I did when we started flying GoPro's five years ago.

I'm hoping the suite spot for a couple of years will be the GH4 on a Y6 or Hex. I'm tired of these huge Octo's flying Reds, I want something that's a lot simpler so I can get back to enjoying AP again but the quality is good enough to get excited when I see how good the raw footage is.

Was that in CineD? It looks like the pedestal is up a bit but it looks great. Nice job.

daniel

Was that in CineD? It looks like the pedestal is up a bit but it looks great. Nice job.[/QUOTE]

Hi

yes i used CineD but never touched the pedestal settings..... do you know if is better to lower it?

Av8Chuck

I think that depends more about how you plan to post the footage. CineD probably color corrects better, there's CineV which looks a bit more contrasty. But there's a lot of variables on what you do with the footage when you encode it or how you record it directly from the camera. There's no right answer its just finding a look that you like and you can be consistent with it.

Plus its really difficult to tell online, this appeared to be a little "milky" but it might look much better in full res.

daniel

I think that depends more about how you plan to post the footage. CineD probably color corrects better, there's CineV which looks a bit more contrasty. But there's a lot of variables on what you do with the footage when you encode it or how you record it directly from the camera. There's no right answer its just finding a look that you like and you can be consistent with it.

Plus its really difficult to tell online, this appeared to be a little "milky" but it might look much better in full res.

i will try next time with the Pedestal...

this footage is raw, no color correction, nothing.... im sure with a little color correct can be different, but i like that milky,raw, flat look....

D/

i will try next time with the Pedestal...

this footage is raw, no color correction, nothing.... im sure with a little color correct can be different, but i like that milky,raw, flat look....

D/

I'm using the white box HDMI2AV converter sold on Amazon, it is powered through HDMI from the GH4. I have live video working in all recording modes except 4K Cinema. Did you have to do anything special in 4KC to get video out working?

Quinton

I'm using the white box HDMI2AV converter sold on Amazon, it is powered through HDMI from the GH4. I have live video working in all recording modes except 4K Cinema. Did you have to do anything special in 4KC to get video out working?

I have same white one, in TV Connection you have to have it set to auto or 1080P