Lumix GH4

Av8Chuck

i will try next time with the Pedestal...

this footage is raw, no color correction, nothing.... im sure with a little color correct can be different, but i like that milky,raw, flat look....

D/

Where it looked like it lacked detail was the boat, if you added a bit of contrast it would sharpen up the boat and make it pop a bit.

daniel

I'm using the white box HDMI2AV converter sold on Amazon, it is powered through HDMI from the GH4. I have live video working in all recording modes except 4K Cinema. Did you have to do anything special in 4KC to get video out working?

i have it set at 1080p....

kloner

Aerial DP
the 24p seems to be touchy around certain hdmi converters..... i had a kopterworx that was a no go, but a white hdmi2av and it did work.

Vortex

I have one of these that I ripped open and converted to use on the copter. When in 4K it gets a little wonky, but it still works. And it works great otherwise.
attachment.php

My HDMI converter wouldn't work on 24P so I bought one of these and it has been working...on and off and wanted to see if anyone else has been having similar problems.

The trouble started when occasionally the screen would over expose the display until it was almost white......Then it would slowly come back to the correct colour. This happened a few times per shoot until a couple of days ago, we loaded it up for a second shoot and the display wouldn't come on....No test screen just dead so we canned the shoot and packed up and went home. I try it again at home and it's working again.

Anyhow I have another 2 coming so I'll have a spare this time!!

Has anyone had anything like this happen with theirs and is anyone running power in from the USB or running it on the input from the HDMI??

Thanks

Lance

SKY-FLIX

Out of curiosity, any reason why you aren't using the native composite output from the GH4 for your video transmitter? Unless I misunderstood and you are using an HD downlink, at which case I wonder why you would need a converter at all.

kloner

Aerial DP
the native composite only does playback, most use live feed to frame, etc. I bought the $7 cable, tried and realised what it was.

SKY-FLIX

Oh wow, I had no idea. That's good to know as I just bought a GH4 assuming you could do that very thing with the AV cable.

PMaughan

New firmware release/announcement today that people are getting excited about.

Possibly improvements to 96fps and 4k and some RAW capability...1pm UK time.

Pete

Jumpy07

Not quite the upgrade people were expecting.. and not available until Oct
Panasonic releases new firmware updates for their FZ1000 and GH4 cameras

In company with their recent camera and lens announcements, Panasonic has released firmware updates for two of their popular cameras. This new firmware adds the same functionality to both models, with the addition of their 4K Photo Mode.

4K Photo Mode is a, "new way of photography that Panasonic is proposing", which allows photographers to capture 8-megapixel still images directly from their 4K video recordings, which offer full EXIF data, just like a standard photo. This new mode is designed to reduce post processing time, allowing users to quickly and easily strip still images from 4K video, without the need of a computer.

Other improvements that this new firmware offers are 4K video at 23.98p (MP4, AAC), enhanced ISO and flash emission control, and expanded connectivity options; like USB tether for remote control.

Both firmware updates are scheduled to be available sometime in October, 2014.

HEELLPPP!!!
We just gota GH4 and are on a 4 day shooting far from home.Guess that I can't get signal from the GH4 when recording. I have the mini HDMI2AV converter wich is ment to support 1080p:dejection:
I cant upload aphoto of it for some reason but its the same as Steve Mallers one,but HDMI2AV and not viceversa.
Many thanks in advance!!!

Quinton

HEELLPPP!!!
We just gota GH4 and are on a 4 day shooting far from home.Guess that I can't get signal from the GH4 when recording. I have the mini HDMI2AV converter wich is ment to support 1080p:dejection:
I cant upload aphoto of it for some reason but its the same as Steve Mallers one,but HDMI2AV and not viceversa.
Many thanks in advance!!!

Have you read through this very thread to ensure your camera settings are set properly?
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?20577-Lumix-GH4/page3

Also what hdmi cable are you using as some don't work very well.

Read through it several times but I may be missing out on something..
These are the tests I runned:
1-Camera: TV aspect 16:9 / HDMI mode 1080p/ 3D playback 2D / Viera Link off / HDMI Rec Output bit mode 4:2:2 8bit/ Info display ON 4k downconvert 1080p or auto.
When connected directly with HDMI cable to TV it Works, so cable should be ok?
The only view I get through the converter is playback at 480p(ntsc) and 576p(pal)
Thanks for the quick response!

Quinton

Read through it several times but I may be missing out on something..
These are the tests I runned:
1-Camera: TV aspect 16:9 / HDMI mode 1080p/ 3D playback 2D / Viera Link off / HDMI Rec Output bit mode 4:2:2 8bit/ Info display ON 4k downconvert 1080p or auto.
When connected directly with HDMI cable to TV it Works, so cable should be ok?
The only view I get through the converter is playback at 480p(ntsc) and 576p(pal)
Thanks for the quick response!

Setup looks OK
I know you are prob NTSC but have you tried putting the HDMI2AV to progressive, also maybe have a play about with your FPV monitor changing that back/forth just to see if it works.

Hi Quinton,
My HDMI2AV only allows NTSC or PAL, don´t know what you mean by setting it to progressive, do you mean PAL?
Puting monitor on first and then camera, viceversa, dont work...

Quinton

Hi Quinton,
My HDMI2AV only allows NTSC or PAL, don´t know what you mean by setting it to progressive, do you mean PAL?
Puting monitor on first and then camera, viceversa, dont work...

Sorry yes I meant PAL
Do you have a yellow video lead that you can plug directly into your monitor from the HDMI2AV that you can use to check to see if its working correctly.
Sorry do not know what you are using for your view back to your monitor but I would make sure it works first of all "hard wired" without any wireless transmission, not sure what you are using for your FPV setup what wireless monitor/transmitter/cables.
That way you can rule out that the problem is coming from the GH4

We have conection with the VTX when playback on 576p so I gues that the hardwear is all good, the only problema is when I set the camera to 1080, then it doesnt work, not even on the playback mode,we only get thesignal through with 480 0r 576, anything else wont work...(excuse my spelling..)