Lumix GH4

kloner

Aerial DP
he is saying it is working with a cable. i've never tried, we try the hdmi converters, have kopterworx and them HDMI2AV ones and no go.....

kloner

Aerial DP
well thanks for the notice, the update went right in so hopefuly that's a good thing, bad part is it didn't change anything with the hdmi out. I've seen several on here with the problem, zenmeuse are having the same issue.

Quinton

well thanks for the notice, the update went right in so hopefuly that's a good thing, bad part is it didn't change anything with the hdmi out. I've seen several on here with the problem, zenmeuse are having the same issue.

I also have it working np with the HDMI2AV converter, in all formats, you just need to make sure its set to progressive.
Have you went into your "TV connection" and also changed that, as your out put will not work without selecting 1080/720p

Are you all using a separate power to that HDMI2AV, as I was sold a 5V battery to power it, but it works without it.
The monitor output is quite choppy in 4K, a lot better in Pal, then even better in NTSC

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
yea tv output,,,,

On gh3 it needed power to the board, i've always used the camera power from immersion 5.8 vtx to power it.... makes a simple 3 place servo plug go right on, nice and clean. maybe that's my problem, need to undo the power.....

I'll look further into it since you guys have it going, it's obviously me or something i'm doing

Vortex

what hdmi converter are you on?

Vortex, i have the voigtlander 17.5 and that's already too long but man it's money in the dark. i like em both but the rok is $500, voigt is $1100, rok is heavier but the voigt is aluminum bodied. mines crashed twice now, all dented up but works perfect. seen it bounce a good 50' up last time,,,,, onto pavement
Thanks........I think I saw a night clip filmed with the Voigt of yours......Very impressive!!!

textilet

Kloner under the "hdmi rec output" menu, do you have "4k down convert" set to off? If so it will be trying to send 4k to your hdmi converter. If you set it to "on" it should be still recording 4k internally and outputting 1080p to the monitor

Quinton

Kloner under the "hdmi rec output" menu, do you have "4k down convert" set to off? If so it will be trying to send 4k to your hdmi converter. If you set it to "on" it should be still recording 4k internally and outputting 1080p to the monitor

Mine is set to auto, and it seems to work too.

Vortex

I've been waiting for 4 weeks for a GH4 and now they tell me it'll be another 4 weeks and I don't want to have to wait that long........Anyone know somewhere that has them in stock??

Thanks,

Lance

Av8Chuck

What Memory cards are you using with the GH4?

I'm using the 32gb SanDisk Extreme in my 5D3, works well but only writes at about 45MB/s. It seems to work fine in the GH4 but I noticed that you can get PNY 64gb with 90MB/s write for less than $40. What's wrong with this picture?

Is anyone using this card?

Also, what do you use to convert the RAW files? Lightroom doesn't recognize the GH4 RAW files.

WEX in the UK have no idea when the GH4 will be in stock :shame:

??? I'm just bought one from Wex and they have confirmed Tuesday delivery. try again

#1'm - back to my Black Country daze :) I think I meant to say that I've just bought one from Wex :02.47-tranquillity:

Av8Chuck

Does anyone know of a good forum that they use for the GH4? I just got my GH4 and would like to learn more about setup and shooting 4K etc..