GoPro 3

Bowley

Yep me too! If only I hadn't bought my hero2 last week! Grrr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did exactly the same and bought the GP1 about 3 days before the 2 was announced....annoying huh!!
Think I'll sell the 1 and 2 and get a 3.

kloner

Aerial DP
mm, your a guy used to good footage, get the latest firmware on it and turn on protune........ try it, amazing. import em through cineform studio, apply the protune settings and output a mp4...... they got these things recording uncompressed. Takes a high speed class 10 and alot of it. About 2 gig every 7 minutes, but man, true to life colors, looks good dark or light, no artifacts, almost no fisheye unless you tilt it on end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dyIrcyO9NM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdq5y5Kf2RM

then the three has a processor twice as fast, better glass.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaNt

guys do you think i can have this cam as a second cam on my Copter and to use the wifi without problems???

I mean the wifi and the 2.4 tx rx will work ??

kloner

Aerial DP
that is a serious concern pant,,, there not out to anybody i know in rc..... were the only ones that care about rf,,,

hjls3

Kloner i have a friend here that has one. He is sponsored climber. I can get my hands on it, as you know, not real keen on the FPV stuff yet. Is there a way I can test the RF that would tell you guys what you need to know?

kloner

Aerial DP
you'd need a sniffer..... i can't for the life of me remember the brand,,,,,,, but it's a brand name synonomous with the product, $200

hjls3

well i found a few DIY sniffer rigs and I am not that smart. I did not attend MIT so i am pretty sure making one is out of the question. We are getting together this weekend and taking vid/pics of a route he is doing here. A whole ton of GoPros will be present. Im sure I can fly one and compare my video downlink to Hero2. Its a simple 1.3 setup. If I understand correct - the wifi might make the picture on the monitor worse?

ROVguy

There's every chance that you would not be able to connect to the wifi as the 2.4ghz vtx could obscure it likewise the wifi may interfere with vtx downlink. Changing the channel of the vtx may be a solution if necessary/possible also you could change the 'channel' the wifi is transmitting on, again if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
crap, so we would need a hdmi converter for this again. Kloner, so much for my small and dirty quad design. I guess it would be better with a separate FPV cam anyways. Still looks impressive though. As the price goes up though, i might be more likely to get an RX100.

Macsgrafs

Yes its video from the USB port, whats $20 for a lead ;)
I have emailed them asking about the wi-fi & RC aircraft systems working together?

Ross

Jessestr

Don't look at the promotion video to decide what camera you should take. Those video's are surely much edited by professionals. Look at the Sony HDR AS15.. Promo looks way better than actual footage. And it wouldn't surprise me that not every shot was taken with the Hero3. I'm waiting to check user footage of the Hero3 before deciding.. It won't as good as the promo video for sure.