• IMG_8184.jpg
    IMG_8184.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_8185.jpg
    IMG_8185.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 375

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Has nobody noticed there's only HDMI video output ?

Not to worry, just buy the extra cost adaptor cable! Yours for $19.99.

http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/hero3-composite-cable

andy

that looks a lot like the Canon composite out harness and plug.

Pardon the interruption but I have to point out that by making a purchase via the GoPro links at the bottom of the screen you'll be generating a small commission for the sebsite.
Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
that's a good deal. by spec, the white is the Hero1 in a new case, silver is the old hero2 in shiny new digs and i gotta say, mine is blowing my mind with protune on and the black, black is the one everybody here wants for real deal video. 12mp stills, but who cares, we want the cinema formats and the 1080p 60 for higher res slo mos.......... Gonna get one, but i gotta have a layer lens ready to buy, etc. I go through them glass case lenses like there tic tacs from all the dirt, rock i land in

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
that looks a lot like the Canon composite out harness and plug.

Pardon the interruption but I have to point out that by making a purchase via the GoPro links at the bottom of the screen you'll be generating a small commission for the sebsite.
Thanks!

Damm i had that in mind when i ordered it remembering that you mentioned it before. But i didn't find the link ;( sugar.

Search49

Search49
I was trying to get the Black, but they didn't have them as of yet. According to the salesperson, he "heard" they were having some sort of problem with the Wi-Fi, not sure how true that was. I think for the general public the Silver is fine, but for those who seek the professional look the Black is the way to go. I think that if they get the Black in (within 30 days) I'll take the silver back and upgrade. A word to the wise, get the extended warranty (1 yr) at the end of 11 months take it back and exchange it for a new one!

Shawn

kloner

Aerial DP
gopro has a 1 year no question asked warranty as it is......

the black is the new one. people that have got em have new software update notices in the box...... i noticed theres a new cineform software today. i'll sit back and wait a bit, but the black is the one... the processor is twice as fast.

Search49

Search49
A few Items to note: I have noticed is that the Hero 3 does not fix in the Hero 2 gimbals. You're going to have to put padding behind the camera for a tighter fit. You MUST make sure that the connection cover is securely on. I might consider putting a piece of tape on it so that I don't lose it. Lost it within the first 1/2 while setting up everything in the rear of the car. Found it by accident later in the day.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well, I am in Hawaii and I have taken a crap load of underwater pics only to wonder why the hell they are ALL blurry! Apparently this is just how it is and the Gopro3's flat case lens fixes this. I'm kinda bummed though as I had some really cool turtle shots and spent some time in the waves getting pounded just for some blur. All the more reason to get the gp3 or another lens to fix the case.

View attachment 7291View attachment 7292

Attachments

• GOPR1740.jpg
    GOPR1740.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 294
  • GOPR1762.jpg
    GOPR1762.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 272

kloner

Aerial DP
see, you needed that snorkeling quad...... coulda saved work and gave more time for drinkin

was just wondering if you were there yet

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
waterproof disco, thats the future. Gopro 3, 1 small case with all the toys in it, No setup. Wanna buy a glider? hahaha :)

Hello All
After looking through this thread, How about some pointers . I got my DJI 450 Quad, Gimbal, legs etc. I am now looking to geting into FPV and AP. With the Gopro3 can I use the camera for FPV while recording? Saw some are using the 1 and 2 for this. Or should I get a FPV camera along with the GP3? Has anyone just used a FPV camera and just recorded from that using the reciever on the ground?

Talking about fisheye etc, does the GP3 let you select the wideness of the shot?

I know that photos taken while camera is upside down can be reversed (flipped) can a video filmed while the camera is upside down flipped right side up for viewing?
Thanks MIke

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
how long has the wifi app been available

just checked the gopro site and updated cam and wifi bacpack

just downloaded the app

so much for news letter email telling when it will be available

glad i was looking at this thread just prompted me to go have a look

cheers guys

keith

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
cheers guys

got the wifi bacpack thingy as a present from the missis back in june for me birthday

thought the wifi app for phone would be cool to mess around with while out in the car or on the bike etc

but they kept delaying the release of the app till now

word is they were waiting for iphone 5 release and latest ios also

just cool to find out on here before hearing from gopro so called newsletter

thanks again

keith

kloner

Aerial DP
was that protune? was it taken through cineform to apply the color corrections? Looks fantastic, have you tried flying it yet? Jello?

I bought the wifi backpack for my Hero2 just before the Hero 3 announcement doh. But the gopro app works a treat on my iphone / ipad It's got a 2 or 3 second delay but great fun on an F450 or F550.