Commercial Photo and Video-photography

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
View attachment 323View attachment 324
I'll shrink a few more and try to post them later tonight.

edit: i'm not sure why my pics look so blurry on this site when i shrink them to 1000 pixels. they look fine in picasa and elsewhere.

Bart

Attachments

• IMG_5951_DxO.jpg
    IMG_5951_DxO.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_5946_DxO-1.jpg
    IMG_5946_DxO-1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 233

Macsgrafs

I get the same problem Bart, they look awful once uploaded, what compression settings is the website running on?? Nice photos by the way, I like the 1st one best ;)

Ross

FOX222

Let me add to the confusion! On my monitor the first pic is sharp as a tack but the second is fuzzy.

John

Bartman

I intended to do the first picture from lower altitude with my new 10-20 lens but forgot it on my desk when i left the house. this particular house took me three visits to get done because i kept having problems like my video goggles failing, i set the camera to auto instead of Av so I got single shots where i would normally get 20 to 30 of each position, i crashed at the beginning of my last flight, you name it and it was a problem. the fact that i got any useable shots was a miracle and they're already posted to the online listing for the house so i'm relieved it's done. as for the blurry pic, it's a recurring problem. the pics looks fine on my computer after being reduced but they look blurry when posted to the site.
today's job is a solar installation over in Pennsylvania so hopefully that will go better. {reminder: insert smiley with fingers crossed here when you finally get around to uploading new smileys :confused:}

Macsgrafs

Bart, get a fixed focus lens, they are lighter & more crisp. I use a 28mm & 50mm both F1.8 & give great results, set manula shutter at 1/500 or 1/640 & away you go

Ross

Bartman

Ross,
Thanks, that's probably good advice, I'll give it some thought as I'm continuing my evolution as an a-photographer.
I've been tweaking my picture taking strategy over the last few months and my results are way better than they were when I first got the camera. I still make mistakes but some tough study afterwards usually uncovers whatever it was I overlooked and I learn. Having a lot of help here doesn't hurt either!
Bart

Macsgrafs

I suppose I'm luckier than most as my fiancee is also my aerial cam operator, she controls anything to do with the camera I just fly ;)
My trex600ESP carries my Canon 40D up to great height, I try & hover (very hard at height) whilst she controls the cam, well thats the theory behind it, but the main point is communication between us.
View attachment 327

View attachment 328

View attachment 329

Ross

Attachments

• br6.jpg
    br6.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_9111.jpg
    IMG_9111.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 216
  • cringe2.jpg
    cringe2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 172

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I intended to do the first picture from lower altitude with my new 10-20 lens but forgot it on my desk when i left the house.

Bart... CHECKLIST!!!! Good luck with the solar shoot as you be aware I will be interested in that one!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I suppose I'm luckier than most as my fiancee is also my aerial cam operator, she controls anything to do with the camera I just fly ;)
My trex600ESP carries my Canon 40D up to great height, I try & hover (very hard at height) whilst she controls the cam, well thats the theory behind it, but the main point is communication between us.

Ross

You flying line of sight Ross or FPV?

Bartman

for some reason these are my favorite pics. i put a few in between each group of shots from the individual flights. here's a pic from the flight also. the solar panels aren't your typical flat panel so they show up as a gradient depending on the angle you're shooting from.

Attachments

• IMG_6151_small.jpg
    IMG_6151_small.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_6112_cropped_DxO_small.jpg
    IMG_6112_cropped_DxO_small.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 262