Commercial Photo and Video-photography

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice props bart.. they your Xsors?

Hey their the latest flexible crystalline panels if I aint mistaken... woooh.. NICE.. Big old install there.. Good job Bart

Dave

CopterCam

Sid

Is that the GoPro with the lens correction software thingymabob you was on about?

It has the Premiere Pro Lense correction.................

The other software is from a German guy and I got the impression that it is still in the evolution stage and is primarily for video

CopterCam

for some reason these are my favorite pics. i put a few in between each group of shots from the individual flights. here's a pic from the flight also. the solar panels aren't your typical flat panel so they show up as a gradient depending on the angle you're shooting from.

Bart,

Very Nice !

Did you frame it with your FPV ?

Sid

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I hope to get some $$ back from the income tax folks. I intend to put together a professional AP system for doing aerial video. I am still debating between Mikrocopter and Hoverfly Pro. I know the GPS is not quite out for the Hoverfly but I sense it will not be long now. Which one would be better for this purpose? I am not good with soldering so that is the main issue with the Mikrocopter option. Anyone have experience with both that could comment on the usefulness for professional level video?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I own both Mk and Hoverfly, read my comments about Hoverfly in my X8 build thread here... http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?247-X8-build/page3 and you'll find out exactly what you'd be getting into with a Hoverfly board. In my opinion if you're looking to build professional quality A/P craft the ONLY option is Mikrokopter, it has all the necessary features and all of them work unlike other board manuacturers that keep saying they're going to have GPS and position hold but never seem to deliver on the promise or have features like altitude hold that don't actually work correctly so can't really be trusted or used.

With a bit of practice you'll find that soldering isn't hard, there are plenty of people that have little to no electronics skill and have successfully built Mikrokopters so don't let that stop you, you'll find plenty of support for the project here.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I hope to get some $$ back from the income tax folks. I intend to put together a professional AP system for doing aerial video. I am still debating between Mikrocopter and Hoverfly Pro. I know the GPS is not quite out for the Hoverfly but I sense it will not be long now. Which one would be better for this purpose? I am not good with soldering so that is the main issue with the Mikrocopter option. Anyone have experience with both that could comment on the usefulness for professional level video?

I totally agree with Ken..

If its for purposeful professional use.. MK. I was in the same dilema as you but I am so happy I went with the MK FC.. When you say professional level video. tell us more of your expectations and what you want to achieve, because the MK system is good, there are really good frames, gimbals and cameras out there but if you are wanting to shoot Lord Of The Ring scenes then your really need to look at it very carefully.

I am soon to post up our first semi pro mountain biking video we shot using a mixture on onboard bike cams, tripod and ADX3 footage. The ADX3 footage using the Sony Nex5 has MADE the short demo film. We are really pleased with the results. I just need to get a bit more of the force into my thumbs as I know the scene I want to shoot I just need to see it through my thumbs!

Dave

Macsgrafs

Ken & now Dave have saved me a fortune already, mine will NOT be HF pro. I asked the guy who makes them on another forum all about them, he gave me loads of info (could have been on wattflyer or RCgroups), then after 4 email exchanges I asked about the problems I had heard about...guess what? NO REPLY!!!!
A manufacturer that doesnt reply is bad news, I have been down that road before & will not be on that bus again.

Ross

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I totally agree with Ken..

Dave

Okay, I am convinced, I just need the $$ to pull it off. I intend do aerial video primarily for professional scenery footage (for educational purposes) but perhaps down the road for commercial locations (e.g golf courses, construction sites, real-estate, etc.). I was thinking of something like the Canon 5D, so I will need a fairly large frame and heavy lift motors as well - probably an octo configuration. However, I may build a smaller prototype first with smaller motors to lift a smaller camera like Sony Nex5 or Canon S95/G12 - as a proof of concept and to get some AP experience before going for the bigger build. I currently have a Gaui 330Xs and it flies well after rebuilding most of the electronics but it seems hard pressed once I put a camera mount on it let alone a camera.

CopterCam

Okay, I am convinced, I just need the $$ to pull it off. I intend do aerial video primarily for professional scenery footage (for educational purposes) but perhaps down the road for commercial locations (e.g golf courses, construction sites, real-estate, etc.). I was thinking of something like the Canon 5D, so I will need a fairly large frame and heavy lift motors as well - probably an octo configuration. However, I may build a smaller prototype first with smaller motors to lift a smaller camera like Sony Nex5 or Canon S95/G12 - as a proof of concept and to get some AP experience before going for the bigger build. I currently have a Gaui 330Xs and it flies well after rebuilding most of the electronics but it seems hard pressed once I put a camera mount on it let alone a camera.

The Gaui 330X in its stock form will lift a GoPro camera without problem. However, if you add a 450 size frame to the stock power config. one can increase the stability considerably, particularly in light wind.
http://vimeo.com/23570784
Here is an example with a Sunex lense conversation.(not my video) As a means of wetting your feet without the expense, why not upgrade your power train and use the GU 344 like many have done, granted you will not have the PH and Nav. capabilities of more advanced boards but this route is more than capable of reasonable footage and will give you the options of lifting the cameras you stated. In fact, I know of one individual who powered up to take a 5D and he had no trust issues with the GU 344 ? This approach may give you time to explore and hone your piloting skills for AV, like myself, whilst the emerging FCB's hit the market.

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Your FPV set up

Jeff could you post your FPV set up details and pics in the FPV thread for us please..

DAve

Macsgrafs

Nice flying Jeff, love the location.

Dave, FPV is very easy, a DX201 + transmitter of your choice...5.8GHz has very good transmission properties & smaller antennas. I also use 1.3GHz, but not happy with the crap standard antennas available, so have to make our own.

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice flying Jeff, love the location.

Dave, FPV is very easy, a DX201 + transmitter of your choice...5.8GHz has very good transmission properties & smaller antennas. I also use 1.3GHz, but not happy with the crap standard antennas available, so have to make our own.

Ross

EKKK!

DX201?!.. Transmitters..????! I have looked into them but it would be good to see the set ups peeps are using successfully. I have had enough of being the guineapig builder of head cams 8 years ago!

Macsgrafs

Dave, go to range video & they have the DX201 there, even better go to youtube & search for DX201, the results are stunning, its a tiny pixim camera & can be programmed from a plug in lead/box...worth ever penny in my book.

Ross