Commercial Photo and Video-photography

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thought this thread may be useful and somewhere us budding and full blown commercial pilots of multirotors could post examples of their work. It is always helpful to get feed back to make the next shoot better. So Bart RHP get some of those stunners in here. They will encourage us all to get out there and do better.

Here is a couple I am building in to a portfolio for client to see our work.

Dave

8d21b9da.jpg

090ddc89.jpg

Most of these are from one paying gig for the county. Others we have received very small compensation.

Attachments

• Marconi Park Aerial Stills 031.jpg
    Marconi Park Aerial Stills 031.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 413
  • Messin_around-tiltshift (2).jpg
    Messin_around-tiltshift (2).jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 450
  • Hexa_Walt_and_Wiggins_131-tiltshift-2.jpg
    Hexa_Walt_and_Wiggins_131-tiltshift-2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 454
  • Hexa_Walt_and_Wiggins_164-tiltshift.jpg
    Hexa_Walt_and_Wiggins_164-tiltshift.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 291
  • Hexa Walt and Wiggins 116.jpg
    Hexa Walt and Wiggins 116.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 292

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
RHP You using a toy town filter there or something? I aint got the kahuners to go that high yet!

It's called tiltshift. You can do it in post with this free website. I tend to over use it but I love the effect. I've had some people look at my portfolio book, all 11x14 inch photos, and ask me why I had a picture of a model house in there. No kidding they had a hard time believing it was a real house.

http://tiltshiftmaker.com/

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ill check the filter out tomorrow.. We use eBooks as a portfolio of our work and we find it is a very effective tool, either as a hard copy presentaion or as a digital download

example here

files.me.com/energyworx2/34xknf

Its 50meg but a good example portfolio. I just need to build up my ariel shots to make a ebook of what we can do with a MR camera platform.

That's cool and a good idea. I do like having the actual photos though also. People like something they can physically touch and look at. Not to mention they look so much better in print then on a screen. However, for cost effectiveness and convenience you can't beat your method. I will talk to my partners about it. I have 1000+ pics that I've taken. Many IMHO could do very well if licensed, we're working on that now. We're going to be adding them to stock picture sites and may start our own stock site with our media. My partner in this aerial venture is a media company.

It's harder to get your stuff out there then one might think but we're working on it.

CopterCam

Dave,

Nice !........It's a wonder you have time to get out with all your 'Moderating' work.

As they say on this Island.....'Fair play to yeh!' nothing from me of late, both Platforms grounded with a failed motor and the other with firmware issues ?

Apparently, Summer is arriving this week, hope I get airborne, would hate to miss it.:)

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just wondered if you could get someone to drive you down the fairways while you film flying the quad infront of you following the line golfers should try and put the white thing along!

CopterCam

Just wondered if you could get someone to drive you down the fairways while you film flying the quad infront of you following the line golfers should try and put the white thing along!

Yeah,..........it's called the playline. Makes for an interesting flight path on Tree lined dogleg holes. FPV is the way to do this, in fact it is probably the only way to do it well as most Golf Hole Flyby's are a too high altitude from full scale Heli's.
I looked at doing these some years ago with a MinAir Spectra G but abandoned the idea for various reasons. Will revisit it, now that Multicopters and FPV have arrived at affordable costs. The many Links around Southport are an easier proposition if you get a calm day. There is an optimum speed given the different yardages of the holes, I calculated some time back but can't recall atm.

Emowillcox

HI Droider.. here I am... actually I’m a multi copter wanna be right now (-; so for the mean time I am using my helicopter to take photos until I can get the quad perfected. Here is a little aerial photo of my backyard.

attachment.php

attachment.php

OKay just kidding that is not really my back yard the guest quarters are probably bigger then my house... but it makes for a good April Fool’s joke. An architect firm hired me to shoot this so they could show a new wing and flower garden they designed and added to this mansion which is down in Memorial, Texas.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

I have a site that I just started as well if anyone is interested in checking it out. We haven't picked the final name for the company yet, so for the time being we are using the domain http://elevatedelement.com/

I will have more content up as soon as this weather breaks. We already have a few location trips planned for the coming months.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Terry,
Just gave your site a quick look and noticed this statement

We use a remote controlled tricopter outfitted with an HD camera to capture both stills and video. The craft can be flown from a first person view with a live video feed that is viewed on a pair of video goggles and LCD monitors.

Flying unmanned vehicles for hire using first person techniques is legally complicated and viewed by the FAA as not-allowed. It's better to declare your flying as line-of-sight with goggle assistance to set up photos/video.

It sounds like splitting hairs but the FAA has documented thier position against sUAS (small Unmanned Aerial Systems, defined partly as operated via fpv) vehicles operated for hire.

Otherwise the site is pretty cool.
Bart

Kilby

Thanks for noticing that, Bart. I had thought about that earlier, but I've just started to put that site up. As it stands now I have only had a few visitors of the site (prob just folks from here & RCG tbh), but I'll be sure to update that copy as soon as I get back on the project. I do web & mobile app development for a living during the day, so I do all this myself. The site should be finished off in the coming months as I get a little more content to add (and the winds finally die down).

-Terry

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The many Links around Southport are an easier proposition if you get a calm day.

Yeh its not like I aint got any to choose from! I know the captains at Hesketh and Hurlestone and the indirectly the owner of Formby hall and I sometimes go with me dad(retired Golfer at 86 with knackard knees) for sunday lunch at the municiplal. I am picking my moment. But now I have AH and PH sorted I have reccied a couple of good places to get some shot to present to them with out stepping on the turf.