Zero UAV ZeroUAV YS-X4 Owners Thread

Is anyone else getting problems with Compass calibration? (not getting any concentric rings?)
I am having difficulty in persuading Zerouav that my unit will not do it. (I also have a YS-X6 that does it just fine)

Please let me know.

NAZA-H

Hi, my name is Norbert and I got a brand new X4 last week. Currently I us a NAZA-M on my DJI F550 and I'm disappointed about
the gimbal control function. Does anybody tried the gimbal control on X4?
Is the result of stabilisation sufficient or ist there any shiver like in NAZA-M?
I'm a little bit afraid to fight fire with fire.

Lchlucky

Could someone tell me if I am arming the motors in this video? I can't get the motors to spin and can't figure out if I'm failing to arm the x4 or if I have a setting wrong for the esc's.

http://youtu.be/BVDwORhweR4

For those interested, it was arming correctly but have determined ports m1-m4 are faulty. Figured this out after I changed it I to aircraft type hexcopter x and then moved motors m3 and m4 to ports m5 and m6. They spun up as they should. Contacting support and my retailer to see if they have another trick to try or if it needs to be replaced.

gcambeiro

Hola amigos
Mi nombre es Gabriel soy de Argentina y compre un YS-X4
Tengo varios multicopteros con xaircraft kk y crius

Estoy instalando los ESC y me surgió una duda

Es conveniente retirar los cables rojos de los ESC ?

Desde ya muchas gracias y los felicito por el foro

Es espectacular

Saludos desde Argentina

robone

Hola Gabriel

Si debe quitar los cables rojos del ESC.

¡Salud
Rob

This is fun using Google translate. Probably said something completely incorrect :)

giorf

Can somebody please post a link where I can find the YS-X4/6 english firmware upgrade tool. Couldn't find it on ZeroUAV.net

Also, just want to verify that I'm using the COM port on the YS-X4 IMU (next to the LED port) with the white cable facing up (towards the label)

Thanks guys

So guys, I don't want to carry / use a laptop all the time. Can somebody point out how to hard lock the home position with your TX like the Naza or WKM ? With DJI you can switch quickly 3 times between IOC-modes to hard lock the home position. Is this possible with the YS-X4?

Also when uploading a lot of waypoints with a large distance, the first waypoints turn green and the rest stay red. I have the navigator so no limits at all, but it refuses to send all the waypoints. Also when choosing the option to download the waypoints, the application hangs. Anyone familiar with these problems?

Pmsawy

I have the same issue, I think there is some type of limit on how far away the waypoints can be...if you pull them closer they all turn blue, right?

robone

So guys, I don't want to carry / use a laptop all the time. Can somebody point out how to hard lock the home position with your TX like the Naza or WKM ? With DJI you can switch quickly 3 times between IOC-modes to hard lock the home position. Is this possible with the YS-X4?

Also when uploading a lot of waypoints with a large distance, the first waypoints turn green and the rest stay red. I have the navigator so no limits at all, but it refuses to send all the waypoints. Also when choosing the option to download the waypoints, the application hangs. Anyone familiar with these problems?

I have the same issue, I think there is some type of limit on how far away the waypoints can be...if you pull them closer they all turn blue, right?

I think the limit is 500m from your home position.

richierich....I would try and answer you, but I have never flown a DJI system, so I actually do not know what this function does. The Home position is the point that you take off from "Autopilot will set the returning home position automatically when GPS has locked or aircraft takes off in manual/auto mode.".....now you must be careful with this because if you arm them motors and take off in manual mode and you do not have a position lock, the position sometimes is taken as the default and that is somewhere in the middle of the atlantic ocean. This can have a disastrous result if you do use RTH. What I do is wait until I have a full 7 satellites before even arming the motors.

Rob

Hi guys! I had the same impression that there still was some kind of limit. But that's ridiculous because you buy a navigator because of the lack of limits. I really want to have this one unlocked.

And exactly Rob, that is exactly the reason why I -always- want to hard lock the home position myself. I don't want to take any risk of having a wrong home position and seeing the craft flying the other direction when you expect it to come back. This is also a big issue for me, there should absolutely be a functionality to hard lock the home position from the TX at any time.

With DJI you switch 3 times quickly between IOC modes and then you get three green flashes as a confirmation that the new home position is locked. I never send the craft away before engaging the hard lock and seeing this confirmation.

Woomera

Hi guys, I've had a Naza GPS for some time and after reading many positive reviews about the X4 I decided to purchase one. It's on its way to me at the moment but I thought I'd download the software and get myself acquainted with it. Well so far not so good. Naza it aint. It's not as simple as plugging things in, some simple adjustments and off you go. The manuals (if you call them that), are difficult to follow, badly written and if you want to try the PC option forget it. There are no instructions. But I'm not giving up just yet.

My problem now is the Android version of the GS software. After loading on an Android tablet and starting it on the map page, I immediately get an error saying "The Web page at file:///android_res/raw/index.html could not be loaded as: The requested file could not be found. /android_res/raw/index.html." I thought that maybe because my X4 wasn't hooked up (as I said it's on its way), that might be the cause? But that doesn't seem right as even on the dreadful PC version I could get Google Maps up. It's like the software is missing the file? Does someone have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks.

robone

Hi guys! I had the same impression that there still was some kind of limit. But that's ridiculous because you buy a navigator because of the lack of limits. I really want to have this one unlocked.

And exactly Rob, that is exactly the reason why I -always- want to hard lock the home position myself. I don't want to take any risk of having a wrong home position and seeing the craft flying the other direction when you expect it to come back. This is also a big issue for me, there should absolutely be a functionality to hard lock the home position from the TX at any time.

With DJI you switch 3 times quickly between IOC modes and then you get three green flashes as a confirmation that the new home position is locked. I never send the craft away before engaging the hard lock and seeing this confirmation.

You can understand the reason why they automatically hard lock the home position, which is the take off position, because all the waypoints use that as a reference. If you could change the home position to where ever you wanted it you will have endless distance for flying waypoints. There is no risk if you wait for a fix on 7 satellites. You would have to wait for this if you wanted to do it yourself anyway. This way it takes the element of risk away. The risk of someone forgetting to do it manually.

Just remember, each system you fly is different. Its like driving a different car. Each one has its own good and bad points and some are liked and some are not. Personally I have used 4 different auto pilots/FC's and I much prefer the ZeroUAV products. Because it works extremely well.

As for why the YS-X4 Nav is limited to 500m. I don't know. But if you consider it, there must be something different between the X4 and the X6 and this is it. I think who ever did the translation made a mistake by saying the distance is unlimited. But take this up with your dealer / distributor and get him to fight with ZeroUAV about it.

Rob

robone

Hi guys, I've had a Naza GPS for some time and after reading many positive reviews about the X4 I decided to purchase one. It's on its way to me at the moment but I thought I'd download the software and get myself acquainted with it. Well so far not so good. Naza it aint. It's not as simple as plugging things in, some simple adjustments and off you go. The manuals (if you call them that), are difficult to follow, badly written and if you want to try the PC option forget it. There are no instructions. But I'm not giving up just yet.

My problem now is the Android version of the GS software. After loading on an Android tablet and starting it on the map page, I immediately get an error saying "The Web page at file:///android_res/raw/index.html could not be loaded as: The requested file could not be found. /android_res/raw/index.html." I thought that maybe because my X4 wasn't hooked up (as I said it's on its way), that might be the cause? But that doesn't seem right as even on the dreadful PC version I could get Google Maps up. It's like the software is missing the file? Does someone have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks.

I gave you some feedback on the RCGroups forum. I won't repeat here :)

Hi Robone! Thank you for sharing your view. I thought of the same, however, when you have the navigator it should not be an issue. I can still also extend the home location with my tablet and notebook while flying and having a connection. I was suprised that I still got a solid wifi connection +400 meters.

And me as well after extensive testing prefer the Zero UAV FC. It is much more reliable and stable than WKM and Naza. With DJI it is the same, if you leave the copter for 7 seconds at a specific place at the ground, the FC will mark that position as home. But it is sensitive for errors, just like the method of Zero UAV. Especially human error (!), because I can see it happen that people take off in manual like I do because they actually only fly manual and use GPS as a fail-safe.

I only use the GPS function, because when I loose the FPV image on my screen, I immediately switch to GPS and throttle to keep the copter safe at +50 meter so nothing happens. What I will do now is take off in GPS mode, fly away for 10 meters and engage back landing to see if that goes OK. If the craft comes my way, I am relieved and happy to switch to manual and continue my flight.

About the limits. This cannot be a translation error. You specifically have the Wifi version with the limits and the navigator version without limits, you can also check this in the software. I suspect that this is not a commercial limit, but a software bug. I hope Zero UAV can eliminate my assumptions and tell us what the real story is.

Did anyone mail Zero UAV? I am not getting a response on my question.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Woomera:

I only worked with DJI products and I know what you mean. The manual sucks, the interface sucks even more and it takes some time. But really, the FC is so much better than the Naza (WAY BETTER!). I can guarantee you that it is worth the time and effort. I replaced all the Naza's on my crafts for Zero UAV and it flies superb in manual mode.

Woomera

@Woomera:

I only worked with DJI products and I know what you mean. The manual sucks, the interface sucks even more and it takes some time. But really, the FC is so much better than the Naza (WAY BETTER!). I can guarantee you that it is worth the time and effort. I replaced all the Naza's on my crafts for Zero UAV and it flies superb in manual mode.

This seems to be a common response. People say stick with it, it's worth it in the end. That's what I'll definitely be doing. So thanks for the words of encouragement. I can't wait to get my new Zero installed. Now if I could just find some info on the PC installation...