Zero UAV ZeroUAV YS-X4 Owners Thread

I remember when I started with Zero UAV and i can 200% relate to your frustrations. I started and I did not totally expect a walk in the park, but I still expected a more logical approach when installing the stuff and it sucked indeed haha. But I got there and when I got the craft flying, it really amazed me. But hey, we are here to share, so if you get stuck, just yell and we can see if we can help.

By the way guys. I am not getting any response on my e-mails to Zero UAV, am I the only one? I want to know what the deal is with the waypoint thingy.

@Robone: You added a limit of 500 mtrs on the YS-X4 product page. I understand that you want to avoid disappointed customers. But did you get the confirmation in the meanwhile? To me it is still impossible that the limit is on purpose and that this is a flaw somewhere.

robone

@Robone: You added a limit of 500 mtrs on the YS-X4 product page. I understand that you want to avoid disappointed customers. But did you get the confirmation in the meanwhile? To me it is still impossible that the limit is on purpose and that this is a flaw somewhere.

No I have not got confirmation yet from ZeroUAV. It is something that I still need to take up with them, and until that stage, I cannot sell something that is not delivering until this is cleared up. In fact I am going to send an email to them right now. EDIT: Sent

You will notice that I also say it can only be used up to a Hexa. Again, the reason is that there have been some people that have battled to get an Octo to work, although some have been successful, so until the reason can be found as to why these odd few people cannot get it to work, again, I don't want to sell something that maybe does not meet the sales blurb.

As soon as I get feedback I will get back to everyone here :)

Last edited by a moderator:

robone

No I have not got confirmation yet from ZeroUAV. It is something that I still need to take up with them, and until that stage, I cannot sell something that is not delivering until this is cleared up. In fact I am going to send an email to them right now. EDIT: Sent

As soon as I get feedback I will get back to everyone here :)

I had feedback from Zero-UAV. It seem that things got lost in translation somewhere and somehow.

What the YS-X4 Navigator has is 8 waypoints to be used within a range of 500m from home or 1000m diameter. There is unlimited distance for flying in manual mode.

I am not so good in speaking Mandarin, but I would be interested in the semantics of the language how infinite waypoints and distance can be mistranslated to 8 waypoints with a maximum of 500m distance. With not answering 4 of my e-mails with the same question and this "mistranslation" , Zero UAV can forget it now.

robone

I am not so good in speaking Mandarin, but I would be interested in the semantics of the language how infinite waypoints and distance can be mistranslated to 8 waypoints with a maximum of 500m distance. With not answering 4 of my e-mails with the same question and this "mistranslation" , Zero UAV can forget it now.

They probably have not been answering your emails because their email address has changed to a .com address.

All the addresses are here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1697842

Woomera

@richierich, you've been posting a number of replies regarding the Navigator version of the YS-X4 and the waypoints, range, etc. I'm just wondering did you buy the Navigator version of the X4 or have you bought the upgrade after buying the regular WiFi version? The reason I ask is that I bought the standard WiFi version of the X4 and last week bought the upgrade from Foxtech FPV and they said that to install it you just do it like it was a firmware upgrade. Is that correct? As it's an ARM file I thought it might overwrite the current firmware installed on my X4.

FLew it today all seems good. Except for a glitch when I was hovering in Alti mode. The quad did an unexpected dive to the right. Dunno what caused that but will investigate further. Maybe the RX, Router, power and Wifi module are too close together but I don't have many options on a little quad.

robone

FLew it today all seems good. Except for a glitch when I was hovering in Alti mode. The quad did an unexpected dive to the right. Dunno what caused that but will investigate further. Maybe the RX, Router, power and Wifi module are too close together but I don't have many options on a little quad.

Hi Chris

I always fly in Manual or Autohover mode. In fact lately I only fly in Autohover mode....I now recommend that to all my customers. I also keep the wifi module as far away as possible from the MC, located on the arm or the landing gear. I found right in the beginning if you fly hard, in Alto mode it used to do that, so I stopped using that mode. I don't see the point of it anyway when everything can be accomplished with autohover mode.

Rob

Thanks Rob. I will bear that in mind. The weather here is still awful so not many flying opportunities. Hope its not getting too cold for you in jburg!

pantherqs

So, decided to throw a X4 on one of my beater frames to see how it handles octo. Got a slight issue with it, hoping someone can help.

Basically, while attempting to takeoff in manual mode it wants to gently fall on it's side to the left. It appears motors m2/m3/m4 aren't spinning as much as the opposing ones are. I have to just pray and max stick right until it takes off, once it's in the air though it flies beautifully and position hold is fantastic, a little bit of surging if I try adjusting altitude but I haven't gotten around to messing with pid's yet.

I have done the initial setup esc calibration, afterwards I also calibrated each ESC individually to no avail.

Setup:
320kv 4114's, simonk 40amp escs, 15x6.5 props, 6s, latest x4 firmware, no payload.

Thoughts?

gweleps

hello ,
I am waiting for a YS-X4 wifi version . Do most of you are using a PC or a tablet to run the GCS? What tablet?
Thanks
Alain

ChrisViperM

Hi

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note II (Smartphone) and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Tablet)....both work fine, tablet is a bit better to see

Chris

gweleps

Hello,
Could someone tell me what to do with the red wire coming from each ESC (with BEC); it's not clear to me wether we have to keep, disconnect it , or keep only one with the BEC connected...
thanks
Alain