Zero UAV ZeroUAV YS-X4 Owners Thread

josua

Hello Zero fans,

Just dropping in for some advice on 1 concern..... have been flying helis for some time now and I am in the build process of an octo.... well hers the Q.. I am using an Distribution board of 2x6s 5000 heavy lift job ect ect
I am considering powering the ysx4-ysx6 from the main Dis BOARD. Obvisly this will save weight on an seperate power line for the MC in wich i was intending to use 2x 2200 11.1 all in paralell of course. My main concern was having the MC powered off the board would this cause any magnetic interference or other, being an heli pilot I have always powered my RX on an seperate circuit. I am just trying to clarify that our the majority of Multirotor pilots are happy with comming off the main distribustion board to power thier MC units and data links 900mhz. Or do they prefer running on an isolated circuit.:dejection: The main reason for looking at comming from the main dis board is to get the data feed from the GCS as so I can monitor the battery state for the full system......... doing it on an seperate circuit will limit the information avaiable in the data window on the GCS. Of course I could use the hornet OSD and get the main 22.2 flight power voltage that way. Well hope you can chuck your 2 cents in on this. sorry for the spelling you get the idea thow lol//

Josh:shame:

robone

Hello Zero fans,

Just dropping in for some advice on 1 concern..... have been flying helis for some time now and I am in the build process of an octo.... well hers the Q.. I am using an Distribution board of 2x6s 5000 heavy lift job ect ect
I am considering powering the ysx4-ysx6 from the main Dis BOARD. Obvisly this will save weight on an seperate power line for the MC in wich i was intending to use 2x 2200 11.1 all in paralell of course. My main concern was having the MC powered off the board would this cause any magnetic interference or other, being an heli pilot I have always powered my RX on an seperate circuit. I am just trying to clarify that our the majority of Multirotor pilots are happy with comming off the main distribustion board to power thier MC units and data links 900mhz. Or do they prefer running on an isolated circuit.:dejection: The main reason for looking at comming from the main dis board is to get the data feed from the GCS as so I can monitor the battery state for the full system......... doing it on an seperate circuit will limit the information avaiable in the data window on the GCS. Of course I could use the hornet OSD and get the main 22.2 flight power voltage that way. Well hope you can chuck your 2 cents in on this. sorry for the spelling you get the idea thow lol//

Josh:shame:

I always like to separate the power to the Auto Pilot and RX from the ESC's and the motors, mainly for safety. I can work on the Auto Pilot without having any chance of motors starting up. Not that this will ever happen with this system, and its a hang over form previous suspect FC's, but its good poilicy

When I fly, I first connect the Auto Pilot, wait for 7 satellites and only then connect the ESC's and motors.

josua

I always like to separate the power to the Auto Pilot and RX from the ESC's and the motors, mainly for safety. I can work on the Auto Pilot without having any chance of motors starting up. Not that this will ever happen with this system, and its a hang over form previous suspect FC's, but its good poilicy

When I fly, I first connect the Auto Pilot, wait for 7 satellites and only then connect the ESC's and motors.
:cold: yh get your point on the motor safety aspect I would simply disconnect the 3 esc wires on all 8 when working on the FC settings ect its an simple job as I have made simple axcess to all the wires prior to the build.

You know Rob i AM GAGGING TO GET OF THE BOARD for ease of use but if your adement on the electrical side set up (go clean) then this will have to be the case..... would be an good solution to have an sensor on board for the power packs for information relayed to the pilot on the GCS.:shame:

guilherme

Hello all. I have a x4 with motors turnigy multistar 4220-650kv and esc multistar 30a with simonk flashed. When I start to fly, all the four esc get very heat in 5 seconds. Can someone help me out? Thanks

gweleps

Hi all,
Once again need some help..I've installed my YS-X4 on my Y6 craft and went through the "installation guide" steps ans various calibrations and things seems to be OK.
Now i would like to be able to use the "map" interface of the GCS on my tablet and i don't know how to download the right map for my location...Can someone explain how to do?
Alain

thitch2

Hi guys I have just completed my hexacopter and have a problem I was wondering if you could help us out with. I have built a Tarot 680 using the tarot 2814/700Kv motors on a 5000MA 14.4 lipo with 12x4.5 props. I have installed the YSX4pro system and set it up using my Windows 7 PC. I have run through the set up and that seemed to go all ok but it is not flying when you power up it wants to lift off the back end first thus potentially flipping over. I have checked the CG and that seems ok is there something I have missed in the set up or do I have to customize the settings to compensate. Thanks in advance Phil.

kcsajtai

Yeah. Did the same to me. You have to level the hexa, then press zero gyro.(It doesn't have to be perfectly level, more or less is enough) It went OK for me after that. This has to be repeated after each firmware flash. I flipped mine over a couple of times till got it figured out. Since then it's smooth as silk.

thitch2

Yeah. Did the same to me. You have to level the hexa, then press zero gyro.(It doesn't have to be perfectly level, more or less is enough) It went OK for me after that. This has to be repeated after each firmware flash. I flipped mine over a couple of times till got it figured out. Since then it's smooth as silk.
Thanks mate I tried that yesterday it did not when everything is turned on and GCS is up you can see the Hexacopter on the computer screen so I am assuming all the settings have been loaded successfully into the system. Is there any way you can check to confirm that the settings. After any advice at the moment. Thanks in advance Phil

SYNDK8

Skyvokker
Flying both my YS-X4 frames @ Fat Shark Frenzy Canadian Drone Nationals

Flashed with latest firmware and updates.

Jim Tatlock

Hiya all. Im new to the Zero world. I have an Octo running X4 controller. Can someone answer the following questions please.

Switch 5 Position 2 does not seem to work in Attitude mode? Is this normal?
What height does the RTH function work at? Can you adjust this height?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Jim.