Zero UAV ZeroUAV YS-X4 Owners Thread

robone

Rob, I have 4 guys & myself that have all of the sudden had issues with android connecting to the wifi module. I went and purchased a new one (the newer router model wifi module) and ditched my datalink. Works fine, but I have to load my maps on 3G in the field first, then do waypoints, and loose conenction when it is out of range. I hope Peter from ZeroTech isnt pissing it up too much over CNY celebrations.

Hi Nic.....It looks like Peter is going to be busy when he gets back.

Here is what I do to stop losing connection.

Changed the antennas from the usual 3dBi to 11dBi. Excuse quality of image

I have also stopped using a data link. I want to try and stay legal as much as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0532 (2).JPG
    IMG_0532 (2).JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 250

robone

What's changed? They should update their website too. ;)

I am sure they will get around to doing it. It has been updated on RCGroups and on my website.

Here are the changes.

* The rate of copter climb and decline is increased to 4m/s, Max. 5m/s.
* The stability of takeoff and flying is greatly improved, waypoints flying is more
accurate.
* Channel7 can be used for setting up the pitch and roll of gimbal, so that
Channel8 is available for user-define.

Rob

giorf

Just curious. Did anybody use the USB to Serial cable that came with the YS-X4 successfully with Windows 8 Pro x64? I’m having no success (yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager). I downloaded and installed the latest driver v1.7 from prolific.com.tw without any luck. I e-mailed ZeroUAV tech support and all they did is sent me the instruction (I already had) on how to configure the COM port. At this point I don’t know how to upgrade my YS-X4 to the newest firmware.

Giovanni

robone

Just curious. Did anybody use the USB to Serial cable that came with the YS-X4 successfully with Windows 8 Pro x64? I’m having no success (yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager). I downloaded and installed the latest driver v1.7 from prolific.com.tw without any luck. I e-mailed ZeroUAV tech support and all they did is sent me the instruction (I already had) on how to configure the COM port. At this point I don’t know how to upgrade my YS-X4 to the newest firmware.

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni

Apparently their is a driver for windows 8. Not sure if this is only for the GCS or not. You can download it here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23548246&postcount=1030

Rob

giorf

Thanks Rob. Same thing. I must have a USB cable with an older chip.

NOTE:

• Windows 8 is NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions.
  • Prolific recommends to buy PL-2303HXD (HX Rev D) chip.

There should be a different way to upgrade the firmware. I guess I have to find an old computer somewhere..................:upset:

vulcan2go

I'm slowly making progress but I have hit a bit of a brick wall and could do with some advice.

I've got communication via my android device and I can see all the settings etc. The motors arm however, this is where I have a problem.

Despite multiple attempts at calibrating the throttle / esc (I've done calibrated each ESC (on their own, all together, a combination of both and I've also tried changing the throttle end points to maximum and then re-calibrating) - the motors do not spool up at the same rate until at 50% throttle. If I drop the throttle to less than 25% one, two or even three of the motors stop (not good for real flight!!).

I think I know that the problem is with the ESC's which are the DJI 30a Opto's. After trawling through numerous threads until my eyes bleed, some suggest that the DJI esc's are not compatible and others seem not to have had a problem.

Any suggestions gratefully received - I want to get this in the air!!

Cheers,

EDIT - oops just noticed that I posted this on the X4 thread instead of the X6 thread - probably still applicable here but apologies for my mistake - now copied onto the X6 thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

vinnygogo

Just testflown. It performs great! Everything works well, except for 1 thing. On my phone I can control anything, but on my tablet, I can't upload waypoints or use flytopp or ptzlock. Everything else does work on my tablet, I can adjust settings and stuff. Anybody know what to do?

robone

If you live in a country where the decimal point is a comma, you will not be able to upload waypoints. It is simple to fix. Change your country to somewhere that uses a decimal point as the decimal point. I still can't believe who ever thought a decimal point should be a comma. I have had the same problem. Took me for ever to sort out.

vinnygogo

Hallo robone,

Tnx for your tip. Will try it soon. Is the USA an good country? I don't know which countries uses comma. And do you mean the language of the keyboard or the country from the whole system needs to be changed?

robone

No I meant the language of the tablet/phone. I don't know what the USA uses. But maybe your phone/tablet has been set at a different country language.

If that is not the problem, I will have to put on my thinking cap :) because then I am stumped.

robone

Counties using the comma

Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada (French-speaking), Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia (comma used officially, but both forms are in use elsewhere), Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Faroes, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Greenland, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kirgistan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg (uses both marks officially), Macau (in Portuguese text), Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa (officially[15]), Spain, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam.

Countries using the decimal point (the clever ones)

Australia, Botswana, British West Indies, Brunei, Canada (English-speaking), Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kenya, Korea (both North and South), Lebanon, Luxembourg (uses both marks officially), Macau (in Chinese and English text), Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, People's Republic of China, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States (including insular areas), Zimbabwe.

And you know there is confusion when one country use both, like Canada