Tarot 2D Brushless gimbal gains issue

nnaco

hi everyone,
I have tarot gopro gimbal working and i am using 2x4s 5800mah lipo on my Tarot Fy680 with power board. I have just ordered UBEC 12v 4.5A from hobbyking.

my question is that if my tarot gimbal can work with this UBEC properly?
on the gimbal manual it says 0.5A max. the UBEC is 4.5A ı am afraid of frying the board!
and ı have also ordered Boscam RC805 - 5.8Ghz 8 Channel AV Receiver and Boscam 5.8G 500mW 8 Channel AV Transmitter FPV. I don't know if this set up work with this UBEC without getting any noise.
or should I just buy another 3s lipo?

I'd appreciate if anyone helps with this matter.

thanks

nnaco

Here are the gain settings I am currently using. I agree that figuring out gains should be easier and better documented, but this should get it pretty much rock solid:

Roll Setting:
Total Gain: 100
Velocity: 185
Integral: 185
Accelerate: 185

Limit: Max 44 Min -44
Reverse Motor checked
RC sensitivity 50 (this doesnt matter unless you want to control roll from your TX)
Init Roll Angle 0

Tilt Setting
Total Gain: 95
Velocity: 75
Integral: 65
Accelerate: 75

Angle Limit
Max: 90
Min: -134
Motor reverse not checked
Init Tilt angle 0

Mode 1 should be selected under RC monitor and you should run just the single white servo cable (not the black or red power one) from your chosen port on your receiver to the middle "T" in the CTR port on the gimbal controller to allow control of the tilt.

I strongly recommend using a UBEC for power, because it will supply a constant 12V whereas a 3S batt will vary between 14 and 11 depending on your charge. That can sometimes cause jitters. In addition a UBEC is light, costs very little, and doesn't require recharging!

hi Xaircraft America

I have tarot gopro gimbal and i am using 2x4s 5800mah lipo on my Tarot Fy680 with power board. I have tried the gimbal with this set up. the gimbal went crazy.
I thought that I have fried the gimbal board.
so I have just ordered UBEC 12v 4.5A from hobbyking.

on the gimbal manual it says 0.5A max. the UBEC is 4.5A .
and ı have also ordered Boscam RC805 - 5.8Ghz 8 Channel AV Receiver and Boscam 5.8G 500mW 8 Channel AV Transmitter FPV. I don't know if this set up work with this UBEC without getting any noise.

thanks

hi Xaircraft America

I have tarot gopro gimbal and i am using 2x4s 5800mah lipo on my Tarot Fy680 with power board. I have tried the gimbal with this set up. the gimbal went crazy.
I thought that I have fried the gimbal board.
so I have just ordered UBEC 12v 4.5A from hobbyking.

on the gimbal manual it says 0.5A max. the UBEC is 4.5A .

thanks

That will work just fine. In powering a device amps are a maximum rating and the important thing is volts. A device won't accept more amps than it needs, it just has to have enough amps to satisfy its needs. With voltage if you apply too much it will fry.

Think about your battery, if you are using a 5000mah 20C 4S battery, it can output up to 100 amps at between 16.8 and 14V, but it only will release what your quad needs at any given time with the current voltage.

I like the plumbing analogy when it comes to volts and amps. Volts are the water pressure and amps are the flow rate. If you use a pressure washer it will hurt you vs a garden hose which will not even though they have the same flow rate.

Hope that helps and best of luck!

nnaco

thanks a lot for the info XAircraft America.

this is just I wanted to hear.

I read in one of the forums that if I use UBEC that it will create noise on the video Tx. is that true? if not, is that OK to use second UBEC for the Tx from the main power(board)?

thanks for the help.

Maverick

thanks a lot for the info XAircraft America.

this is just I wanted to hear.

I read in one of the forums that if I use UBEC that it will create noise on the video Tx. is that true? if not, is that OK to use second UBEC for the Tx from the main power(board)?

thanks for the help.

With that UBEC, and that rating, it has more than enough juice to supply both devices. One UBEC will suffice.

I just mounted the Tarot on my Phantom and its awesome. The only issue I am having is the roll axis is slightly tilted to the right. I have not hooked it up to the software yet. Is there a calibration procedure that I need to do? Also when you set the tilt limits does that also limit the stops for the gyro stabilizing?

nicwilke

I use the 12v port on my power disc for the tarot t2d, abs a separate 5v output for the Vtx and hero3 charging

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Teco

My gimbal was about 95%, i was happy already, compared to RCtimer one, so i followed this setting here and WOW, my gimbal is 99 or 100% better now,
I am still using a 3S battery, should i put a bec on it?

Thanks

Originally Posted by XAircraft America
Here are the gain settings I am currently using. I agree that figuring out gains should be easier and better documented, but this should get it pretty much rock solid:

Roll Setting:

Reverse Motor checked
RC sensitivity 50 (this doesnt matter unless you want to control roll from your TX)
Init Roll Angle 0

Tilt Setting

Angle Limit
Init Tilt angle 0

Mode 1 should be selected under RC monitor and you should run just the single white servo cable (not the black or red power one) from your chosen port on your receiver to the middle "T" in the CTR port on the gimbal controller to allow control of the tilt.

I strongly recommend using a UBEC for power, because it will supply a constant 12V whereas a 3S batt will vary between 14 and 11 depending on your charge. That can sometimes cause jitters. In addition a UBEC is light, costs very little, and doesn't require recharging!

Teco

this is a short video with the new setup, so fa so good, i need to test on a wind day now,

Originally Posted by XAircraft America

Roll Setting:

Reverse Motor checked
Init Roll Angle 0

Tilt Setting

Angle Limit
Init Tilt angle 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1C9Qe0ER8E&feature=youtu.be

FLYMN

Just my two cents...I don't believe the issue of the tremors/jitters can be corrected by installing a UBEC. The gimbal already has its own voltage regulator. I have tried the gimbal on and off of my copter, using various power sources including a regulated 12v power supply and it had no effect on vibration/tremors/jitters.

I am curious if anyone has experienced absolutely zero vibration using the GoPro cropped mode. In other words the video is either taken in narrow or medium format. My theory is that the gimbal produces vibration/jitters/tremors in all cases and that it is more noticeable using the cropped settings due to the magnification of the video.

In my own particular case, I have spent more hours than I care to share working with all sorts of gain settings and motor settings. I can tame the beast to get it almost vibration free, but I have never been able to completely get rid of it.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has a Tarot t2d w/o any vibration whatsoever in cropped video mode. (In fish-eye mode, the lens is so wide, you probably can't see the vibration.)

Thanks!

P.S. Maybe I am being too picky? My goal is for absolutely zero vibration, for high quality footage. Most videos that I have seen have at least some vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:

SjaakZwart

This morning I had a flight with my F550 with Tarot 2D gimbal. Settings on the Gopro: 1080 50P and narrow fov. Results: It looked like I was watching a SD quality movie.... I have those small vibrations if I look close. This starts when the power is connected and I'm already flying. If the gimbal is powered (bij a 12V Ubec), I can feel small vibrations on the gimbal! Is that normal? I allready changed the settings from Teco (previous post). The wind in Holland is now too strong for flying so I can't check the results. Yesterday I flew with the fov on Wide. Great results! But I can't get used to the fish-eye effect. There are possibilities to end this effect in Gopro Studio but this also unsharpen the images. Has anyone got other tips I can do?

FLYMN

But I can't get used to the fish-eye effect. There are possibilities to end this effect in Gopro Studio but this also unsharpen the images. Has anyone got other tips I can do?

Well...I have taken it to the extreme and replaced the stock lens with a Ragecam high resolution lens. The quality rivals my GH3 which I consider one of the best. I'm on the road this morning doing aerial video of the fall colors. I'll try to give you guys a sample of the quality over the weekend.