XAircraft SuperX

Electro 2

Took this thing out about 5 lbs overloaded with a 17 lb payload to see how she handled it and the throttle ranges came together closer, but still not dead on. From what I'm seeing on video and current draw, I'm pretty sure the residual counter level is preloading yaw...... never seen props in such unison.

Killer vibration levels! I had no idea it could ever be this low. M6 and M3 are still slightly pulling against each other, though.

kloner

Aerial DP
i know, i'm gonna work on tickling it to perfection still. Today had an opurtunity to take it out and all i can say is SOLD on the controller... it feels idiot proof...... that thing is money.... think i might have moved the main gains a tick too high cause it felt so tight theres no way that's not oscilating.

you wanna trip out, listen to the chopper...... it sounds like a real heli sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
question for you guys, got a chance to really step on it and i was under alot of pressure and totaly forgot about trying to adjust the atti gain while i heard it but it was oscilating from time to time when i'd throw a bunch of deflection to take off real fast. when i look at the logs some of my old stuff is gone and a bunch of my long flights were chopped into little segments of data i think. I was flying around for 8-10 minutes and think this says 1 minute then another flight.....

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_02_16_112521.750_15.1.07.45

can you see what is oscilating? What are you looking at?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
question for you guys, got a chance to really step on it and i was under alot of pressure and totaly forgot about trying to adjust the atti gain while i heard it but it was oscilating from time to time when i'd throw a bunch of deflection to take off real fast. when i look at the logs some of my old stuff is gone and a bunch of my long flights were chopped into little segments of data i think. I was flying around for 8-10 minutes and think this says 1 minute then another flight.....

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_02_16_112521.750_15.1.07.45

can you see what is oscilating? What are you looking at?

Your gains at -106% seem really wrong! too low, and M6 seems to be surging at a regular interval looking at motor thrusts.

That's all I've got

kloner

Aerial DP
ok, thanks. i had sat out in 95 degree sun all day to shoot the golden hour and by the time it all went down, i was so concentrated on the job never saw anything weird looking gain wise flying, but the dial i got it on has to change to a digital trim with a memory for this model. i got it on analog dial and it keeps getting changed just bagging and un bagging.

this thing was chassing a 450 motocross bike hitting an 80' gap 4th gear wide open,,,,,, it was extreme especially for a rig this big.... but it's the fresh one here that was available for a demo (freebie) so took it after em.... heres some superX chasing fmx fighters with a hero gimbaled by bordhead

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, go pro brought some friend of theres that had a full size rotor license and wants to change over to rc..... thats why alot of my chassing was reserved, it was hard to see in my fpv camera till it was there and he would get himself into the sweet spots......

this rig is officialy released to lift,,,,, next data i come around with should be epic... literaly

now to save for another superX

kcsajtai

Kind of a party crashing. So I just upgraded my basic superx (which worked flawlessly) to standard and moved it onto a Sky-hero spy 750 frame. (Y6). Same TX RX, same batteries +2 motors +2 ESCs of the same kind as on the quad. Everything is set up but if I try to fly all I get is a constant yaw to the right. It doesn't respond to rudder input if i want to make it yaw to the left, however if I put in right yaw it acceleretes what is already happening. Gains at default motor and prop rotation are good and checked at least 5 times, power to weight ratio is more than enough motor alignment is spot on. I've built a lot of these multirotors so I'm no beginner by any means, but this starts get me frustrated. Is it by any chance possible that the motor layout in the manual is not correct? (can't really think of anything else now) All feedback is appreciated

kloner

Aerial DP
upload your logs to the superX black box site and get these guys a link to look..... sounds like motors aren't level or ones going out/not balanced, etc

kloner

Aerial DP
it's not perfect and it is not level.... when they are perfect (any controller) it's a whole different thing. Like .1 degrees either way on any of them is junk....

mine didn't just adjust either but yea, perfect or you'll keep playing with the problems you have with any of them.... this one just comes with a tattle tale to tell you why it does it.

fredor

Really impressed with your video Kloner could you tell me what your setup is please
Thank You

So I swapped out my MK board on my CS-6 so I could run 6s with some Castle ESC's.. Everything was flying great.. One flight in attitude mode and one Manual Mode... I was flying in Attitude mode when all of a sudden it acted very unstable.. I switched it back to Manual mode and it shot up in the air and then again became very unstable.. It would go in and out of level flight without any input on my part? I was trying to get it down safely when finally it flipped over and into the ground from about 30 feet???

Any help would be very appreciated..

Couple other facts.. I had the GPS unplugged..

Thanks,

Cedar

cleardot.gif

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
So I swapped out my MK board on my CS-6 so I could run 6s with some Castle ESC's.. Everything was flying great.. One flight in attitude mode and one Manual Mode... I was flying in Attitude mode when all of a sudden it acted very unstable.. I switched it back to Manual mode and it shot up in the air and then again became very unstable.. It would go in and out of level flight without any input on my part? I was trying to get it down safely when finally it flipped over and into the ground from about 30 feet???
Any help would be very appreciated..
Couple other facts.. I had the GPS unplugged..
Thanks,
Cedar

What firmware?
Has calibration been done?
What Radio?
Have you the Black Box?, which will tell us exactly why it crashed

David