XAircraft SuperX

Zirt57

can you guys take a look at this and tell me where i'm at? notice the counter motors are used less...

http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_02_03_081734.000_6.1.02.23

You've got a motor (or motors) that is not level. This would cause a yaw situation so the SuperX compensates by either powering the counter motors less or the clockwise motors more (usually a combination of both). I'm not sure if the SuperX manual talks about this but I'm pretty sure the X650pro manual does. Even if you don't have a X650pro, you can read the manual for reference.

Jeff

Posted using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
that would seem impossible

20140126122252-e102e8cd-la.jpg

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Hi Kloner, I had exactly the same all be it on my WKM. The cause was purely my motors not all being vertically aligned. Using a digital pitch gauge I got what I thought was a perfect alignment. It turned out that I was .3 of a degree out on all my motors. Once re-aligned all my motors span at the same RPM

cabo_wabo

Discounting some radical asymmetric airframe issues like boom length or spacing, I'd look at the props - Your M1 M3 M5 are requiring way more juice to get the same results as the counterprops... almost as if you've got a different series ? ie 4.5's vs 5's ? Yeah a fraction of a degree may make a difference but this is a 20% kind of issue. An RPM check would confirm this.

kloner

Aerial DP
i took a angle finder to her and there is some slight .3 or less variation so guess i'll see if i can true it up...... props are all the same. i was thinking the small props with the massive motors would have something more to do with it, we will se here shortly. This is 1100mm with u7 and 20 amp hours of 6s on 15" t-motor props

Electro 2

I took an angle finder to her, and there is some slight 0.3 or less variation, so guess I'll see if I can true it up.

By far and away the best method I have found is to use a straight edge to level/true the motor mounting platforms. Three seconds and you're done. Gets 'em dead-on. See pic. Other than that, CW/CCW prop inconsistancies can do this to, but the T-Motor props are supposed to be excellent.
View attachment 16033

Attachments

• Mantis_Motor_053.jpg
    Mantis_Motor_053.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 277

I would go with the SuperX, I just moved all my FC's from Naza to SuperX and love them. The blackbox feature is a great addition as well. I think they will be releasing waypoints soon too.

Thanks,

Carapau

Hey Kloner, the problem with the angle finder as I found out is that it is very good at getting ALL of the motors perfectly aligned in relation to each other. However, if even by a small amount they are not perfect with the vertical alignement of the aircraft then you will get a fairly big difference between the motors. My digital pitch gauge is accurate to 0.1 of a degree and my motors were well out in terms of RPM difference until I moved them all just .3 of a degree. My money's on motor alignment for this issue.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
My digital pitch gauge is accurate to 0.1 of a degree and my motors were well out in terms of RPM difference until I moved them all just .3 of a degree.

You got a link to that.. guess its off a SRH
Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
it is a square armed frame so a straight edge didn't work since there was no easy adjustment. I'd have never guessed such a small amount of sanding a flat thing just a little off center would generate so much fluctuation in degrees at the prop. i'm calibrating the finder at the frame over said arm, then going out to the top of the motor and i got all 6 of those less than .1 off...... be back with another blackbox in bit. thanks for the help. It flew bitchen but holding a hover there was something very obvious about the mount of sound,,,,, just didn't seem right

yeehaanow

Yeah good idea Motorpreservei could put the gopro use it as fpv any way i got another tarot as a back up. well i just check my tarot even thought the board got rip of the mount it still work unbelievable 3 crash still going .
David your the best always help me any way here some fpv footage there vibration i have an idea of getting rid of it i will not go of topic i will post in 650 pro section

It sounds like your motors are changing speed rapidly, which could indicate that your gains are too high for this type of fast forward flight, and that is partly what causes vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

It sounds like your motors are changing speed rapidly, which could indicate that your gains are too high for this type of fast forward flight, and that is partly what causes vibration.

ok you might be correct cause i dial it up high not in the middle on the radio gain knob also it was on gps mode which feels like the brake is on.

I notice the load carriage rods are a bit brittle although never broke on me till that last crash i want to try the stiffer carbon fiber rod here the pic of the stock rod on the right and the one i want to get left rod.View attachment 16036 i just broke a new stock one i try to see how stiff it was and just snap it half .

Attachments

• 2014-02-04 12.39.55.jpg
    2014-02-04 12.39.55.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 166

Hey Kloner, the problem with the angle finder as I found out is that it is very good at getting ALL of the motors perfectly aligned in relation to each other. However, if even by a small amount they are not perfect with the vertical alignement of the aircraft then you will get a fairly big difference between the motors. My digital pitch gauge is accurate to 0.1 of a degree and my motors were well out in terms of RPM difference until I moved them all just .3 of a degree. My money's on motor alignment for this issue.
Carapau, Can you please explain what digital pitch gauge you use and maybe a picture or two on how you true your engines? I used a spirit level which made a huge difference, but I still don't think I am on the money yet. Thanks in advance, ~T.J.

Carapau

Yeah, my digital pitch gauge is an RC Logger 2 and it was originally designed for SRH. What I learned from using it with the MR is that this accuracy is almost TOO acurate. I now stick to using the good old mark 1 eyeball which a/ saves me a lot of time and b/ gets me into a pretty good ball park area. I tried the digital gauge as much for an experiment as I did for accuracy. The thing is, is that with using my eyeball v using the gauge, the motors might be spinning at slightly different speeds but in real terms, it hasn't affected flight time, handling or motor / esc temps hence why I am now sticking to using my good ol eye

For those intereseted in using such a gauge, I initially laid the gauge on the central hub of the MR and then set the zero there thus the gauge should be giving measurements relative the the main body of the MR. I then placed the gauge on top of the motor, flat, using the prop spindle as an edge so to say. From here I adjusted the motor mounts screws to fine tune the motor's alignment. It was a long and dull job and ultimately my conclusion that going to this lengths whilst being anal (nothing wrong with that in this business at all) was that the end results did not justify the means if you get my drift.

Yeah, my digital pitch gauge is an RC Logger 2 and it was originally designed for SRH. What I learned from using it with the MR is that this accuracy is almost TOO acurate. I now stick to using the good old mark 1 eyeball which a/ saves me a lot of time and b/ gets me into a pretty good ball park area. I tried the digital gauge as much for an experiment as I did for accuracy. The thing is, is that with using my eyeball v using the gauge, the motors might be spinning at slightly different speeds but in real terms, it hasn't affected flight time, handling or motor / esc temps hence why I am now sticking to using my good ol eye

For those intereseted in using such a gauge, I initially laid the gauge on the central hub of the MR and then set the zero there thus the gauge should be giving measurements relative the the main body of the MR. I then placed the gauge on top of the motor, flat, using the prop spindle as an edge so to say. From here I adjusted the motor mounts screws to fine tune the motor's alignment. It was a long and dull job and ultimately my conclusion that going to this lengths whilst being anal (nothing wrong with that in this business at all) was that the end results did not justify the means if you get my drift.

Good to know. I think I am pretty spot on with the spirit level and now need to balance the props and reset the gains for an accurate idea of how it worked.

~T.J.

kloner

Aerial DP
it sure feels and sounds better but is still showing the same symptom. Guess i'll have to keep trying

http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_02_04_134539.500_7.2.01.58

it leaves the ground so much "freer"

I'm using a level app on my iphone, free. I had the nice one from helidirect from years ago but when i powered it up after 3 years not using it, the firmware is gone..... hate cheap chineese electronics

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Good to know. I think I am pretty spot on with the spirit level and now need to balance the props and reset the gains for an accurate idea of how it worked.

~T.J.

Spirit levels/bubbles work for me too, can't use the straight edge as the GPS puck is in the way!

David