Compass GPS Lock

Shaun_Kaz

HI.. I'm having problems with my naza getting a lock.. Everything was fine and getting a full lock every time and I was hovering approx. 20ft and it just dropped to the floor on rocks as the soldered wire came off.. I broke 2 props and the compass pole. The compass looks ok no cracks, however now it struggles to get a lock. I can do all the compass calibration with no problems but all I get now is 3 red lights and 1 green where previously I had all green and hardly gets a lock so now so it just drifts.. Any ideas why its doing this is there any way of testing this. Thanks Shaun

Shaun, for starters, please do not post the same question on two different threads. It makes people following/reading not be able to know the complete story or solution. I recommend you go to the other thread and state you started this thread and to post replies here instead.But sadly you may have a broken GPS, sadly. I had a similar issue of only getting 3 reds and a green, and I had to get a new GPS. Once I swapped it out, I got my GPS lock and everything was fine.Did you get to the root cause of "it just dropping to the floor"? I would be concerned for flying it until you found that out.

HI.. I'm having problems with my naza getting a lock.. Everything was fine and getting a full lock every time and I was hovering approx. 20ft and it just dropped to the floor on rocks as the soldered wire came off.. I broke 2 props and the compass pole. The compass looks ok no cracks, however now it struggles to get a lock. I can do all the compass calibration with no problems but all I get now is 3 red lights and 1 green where previously I had all green and hardly gets a lock so now so it just drifts.. Any ideas why its doing this is there any way of testing this. Thanks Shaun

I'd start by opening the puck to check for cracks in the GPS module.
If it broke the stick it could have damage.
Don't worry about voiding the warranty, It's Chinese, there isn't any warranty. :upset:

Attachments

• 31135.jpg
    31135.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 193

Shaun_Kaz

Hi Just to update you.. I decided to take the plunge and by a new GPS compass.. this now appears to have solved the fault as now I have all green lights Thanks for all your replies