XAircraft SuperX

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Has anyone had success with the superX on a larger version of the QAV (500 or 540)???? I thought the consensus was that it might not like the asymmetrical - but hoped it would work on a craft like this since it's symmetrical.

kloner

Aerial DP
mine flies awesome, threw the gps in the trash. this was the maiden

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry Kloner, not sure if that was in response to my question?

To clarify, I am curious whether anyone has ended up having good luck with any of the "FPV style" frames. I read a detailed review of someone not liking it on his Disco, but I wondered whether the symmetrical QAV 500 or 540 worked well. Not sure if the Chad had issues due to smaller size, or the frame design....or both.

Perhaps the SuperX is not happy with the additional weight fore and aft?

kloner

Aerial DP
it's back in the box it came in....... i'd rather it hover somewhere while i sort out my range problems than let this thing fly my rig... yea. it's fully outfitted with ezosd pro so it has all the info i need

no wasn't at you moto, saw your post after i replied. dunno about this thing and the smaller airframes. but when you give it enough motor, they seem to work pretty decent. but i'm still undecided about it and loads, to be tested and determined. Last time didn't go real smooth with a smaller airframe so i'm apprehensive to predict whats gonna happen.

heres another maiden, smaller rig

Emowillcox

Kloner are u not liking the GPS because of the size of the puck or did have to do with the performance?
Like those retracts u got!

kloner

Aerial DP
i never fly gps. when i did on the only other superX i flew it was weird and i didn't prefer it. since i'm running a sat on ezosd pro i'd rather just not have the thing sitting up there for no reason. if i ever need it i can mount and use it. I do the same thing to my nazas..... don't even want the thing thinking it knows how to fly

My only complaint with superX so far is how it doesn't like really heavy loads under her. I've heard from several members with the same problem. it's like it needs to know where CG just went..... as in dslr's on 3 axis gimbals kinda weight

Dhardjono

Yesterday i had 2 crashes it was low flying about 2 meter than in went down i was on fpv gogles and new at it but i know i have the throttle at 50 percent can some one look at the log andsee if it was any issue here the video i like to see if i have to gain up more or if it was my fault.Here 1st crash it at the end of the log - http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_01_27_164103.250_170.1.09.11 here is 2nd crash wright after i put a new battery- http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_01_27_164103.250_172.1.01.38 - here is the video of the 2 crash -[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg5aq708tqp050x/two%20crash.mp4[/video]

Electro 2

...can someone look at the logs and see if it was an issue.....

Three things jump out at me on these. (I viewed the data for all the logged flights, not just the "crash" ones.) First the motor outputs are grossly spread out. This indicates a frame/build issue of some sort. Motors aren't true in one or more planes, booms not level, etc. Could be garbage-grade, mismatched props, but I've never seen spread this wide from props in the past. Second, this aircraft is under-propped. Motor drive levels are well above the desired 40-60% range for a high percentage of the flight. Third, the motors and/or props are out of balance as vibration levels are unduly high at all times. Any of these items, and certainly the combination of them, could lead to the the FC loosing it's grip at, any moment.

Dhardjono

Three things jump out at me on these. (I viewed the data for all the logged flights, not just the "crash" ones.) First the motor outputs are grossly spread out. This indicates a frame/build issue of some sort. Motors aren't true in one or more planes, booms not level, etc. Could be garbage-grade, mismatched props, but I've never seen spread this wide from props in the past. Second, this aircraft is under-propped. Motor drive levels are well above the desired 40-60% range for a high percentage of the flight. Third, the motors and/or props are out of balance as vibration levels are unduly high at all times. Any of these items, and certainly the combination of them, could lead to the the FC loosing it's grip at, any moment.

Thanks Electro i had another crash today any way that first crash i think it this problem video- [video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/oeje93wy94m6nup/2014-01-29%2016.53.16.mp4[/video] since i go low to ground maybe i bring the stick to low and motor cut of than hard to regain. The props are well balance the motors are tiger motor that came with the kit.

Dhardjono

I crash today on the third battery

OK after that first small crash i decided to move bec 5v that charge the gopro to a different port but i was tired late night and did not relize the wire was wrong neg to pos so go pro got fried and the osd lost video in but i can see video out just the telemetry no video. Ok today i wanted to test it was windy i put gps and the 3rd battery i notice a twitch i knew some thing going on so i keep low than 2 min later it drop.:upset: here the video and black box.

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_01_29_155102.000_181.1.03.47

ok i put it back together just now i went threw 4 battery on att mode so far no problem any one knows what failed it sound like esc.

Dhardjono

Well no one knows what going on so i think police jam my signal. In summer there was a guy flying airplane at same place it went straight down when i ask him what happen he say there police there that using jammers if you fly to close to the bridge not sure if this is my case but i will go back there today and try again. on gps mode. It could also be loose prop but that unlikely any way i put lock tight on .

Dhardjono, Do you have RTH / Fail Safe setup on your SuperX? If your signal got jammed, that should equate to a lost signal on the receiver and initial a fail safe status and not a crash if I am not mistaken.

~T.J.

Another thought.....have you tried to reinstall your firmware and do a full recalibration? After any crash, I would fully calibrate the rig just to be certain.

~T.J.

Dhardjono

Another thought.....have you tried to reinstall your firmware and do a full recalibration? After any crash, I would fully calibrate the rig just to be certain.

~T.J.
NO I HAVE NOT RE CALIBRATE I DO HAVE RETURN TO HOME. You mean recalibrate the throttle to center and to the side and compass dance or re installed the software to super x?

I do not know how or if XAircraft does Checksums of the firmware when loaded. I do know that if it is perhaps corrupt, you could have problems. Since you mentioned you had a power issue with your GoPro, I would highly recommend you reinstalling your firmware. Once you have done this, I would do a complete recalibration of your SuperX. Center Sticks, Full Extreme of Sticks, and Compass / GPS when you get onsite. As a matter of fact, I make it a habit to recalibrate the Compass / GPS when I get to the flying site every time. This will make sure your SuperX is good to go for that day.

~T.J.

Dhardjono

Ok I did everything except software reinstall l am at the same spot now 4 battery all good going fast slow just put 5 th battery than it happen role of death broke 1 arm prop still good haaa usually prop all break now I go home try installing software and fix the mess I notice vibration lot more.

Zirt57

Thanks Electro i had another crash today any way that first crash i think it this problem video- [video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/oeje93wy94m6nup/2014-01-29%2016.53.16.mp4[/video] since i go low to ground maybe i bring the stick to low and motor cut of than hard to regain. The props are well balance the motors are tiger motor that came with the kit.

Is this a fully stock X650Pro? What I mean is, are you using XAircraft ESCs? Because this looks like a calibration issue to me. If this is a fully XAircraft unit, then you only have to do the calibrations as per the SuperX manual (and shame on you if you haven't done that). If it is another brand of ESCs, then you need to do separate throttle calibration of each one, one at a time AND THEN do the calibrations as per the XAircraft SuperX manual.

Jeff