XAircraft SuperX

Dhardjono

Is this a fully stock X650Pro? What I mean is, are you using XAircraft ESCs? Because this looks like a calibration issue to me. If this is a fully XAircraft unit, then you only have to do the calibrations as per the SuperX manual (and shame on you if you haven't done that). If it is another brand of ESCs, then you need to do separate throttle calibration of each one, one at a time AND THEN do the calibrations as per the XAircraft SuperX manual.

Jeff

H Jeff yes it fully kit with super x and esc and tmotor all from xaircraft i will show you the video today what happen .

Dhardjono

Crash 2

Here the video if any one is interested in my problem

blackbox - http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_01_30_202232.506_193.1.00.38 if you look at the log before this one there 5 other flight all ok more vibration than usually.

ok i change the software to an earlier one that i save and i change gps to older one maybe it gps problem from that short. If not than could be any thing that conected to that gopro ubec somaybe i need new super x.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know what your problem is here!!! Look at your battery voltage! You are at 12v! Anytime you are under 14v, you will start degrading. As many will tell you, set your low battery alarm at about 14.1 to be safe and be able to get you back home.

I believe you may have destroyed your LiPo battery as you have dropped at least one or more below 3v.

I can tell you from 1st hand experience that the SuperX will do exactly what yours is doing when your voltage is as low as yours.

~T.J.

Yep! Looked back at all your crashes black box files. Your battery is too low! Make sure you use a balanced charger and that all your cells are properly balanced. You are spending enough in parts to replace your LiPo and be done with your crashes!!

Hope this helps......

~T.J.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I know what your problem is here!!! Look at your battery voltage! You are at 12v! Anytime you are under 14v, you will start degrading. As many will tell you, set your low battery alarm at about 14.1 to be safe and be able to get you back home.

I believe you may have destroyed your LiPo battery as you have dropped at least one or more below 3v.

I can tell you from 1st hand experience that the SuperX will do exactly what yours is doing when your voltage is as low as yours.

~T.J.

I assume Daniel is using a 4S! as this is what a X650 should have. the OSD should be set to alarm warning at 14.4V and if using one of those very cheap and indispensable external battery alarms then set to 3.7 volts. You made a good catch and as Daniel has more crashes than anybody else on this planet you may have just solved the problem for him :highly_amused:

David

Dhardjono

tjdeerink I wish it was that problem with the lipo battery but that last crash was fully charge battery also the first was fully charge battery only 2 min into the flight, It was a 3s battery i have couple of them and couple of 4s not sure why the voltage drop like that i do use this charger i also have that warning beep thing but usually the osd is what i look at the voltage drop if i am fpv . David the 4s and 3s i been doing that since i got the coptor since i bought bunch of 5000 3sView attachment 15973 I am looking at the 2 crash it was both on 3s battery maybe it can not handle 3s any more but yesterday i rand 2 3s battery was fine and 2 4s so i i don't know what part is the problem except i know i burnt my gopro and osd by wrong wiring View attachment 15974 before all this started. Can it be the IO V20 SERVO BOX . well i will chage the reciver to futaba and i change the power harness back to 6 port even though that probably not the cause but that where i plug the bec into so test today what i need is this parachute watch this video

Attachments

• 2013-10-29 23.13.57.jpg
    2013-10-29 23.13.57.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 2014-01-31 09.12.32.jpg
    2014-01-31 09.12.32.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 295

DH106

I use 3S all the time with my SuperX and regularly take them down to ~10v without any problems. Aren't they designed for 3S and 4S+ ?

The SuperX, yes with 3S. But the X650 Pro with a 3S, FPV, SuperX? I am not sure...maybe someone can chime in as these things use 30amp ESC and some decent motors. Daniel, if any of those flights were with a 4S, your voltage did not show a fully charged battery at 12v. If you have a 4S in good shape, do a balanced charge at 4.20 v per cell. Make sure your battery shows 16.8v overall, and run a flight without dropping below 14v. If your problem still exists, then it is something else.

I still think something is not right as your voltage drops too quickly.....

~T.J.

Dhardjono

The SuperX, yes with 3S. But the X650 Pro with a 3S, FPV, SuperX? I am not sure...maybe someone can chime in as these things use 30amp ESC and some decent motors. Daniel, if any of those flights were with a 4S, your voltage did not show a fully charged battery at 12v. If you have a 4S in good shape, do a balanced charge at 4.20 v per cell. Make sure your battery shows 16.8v overall, and run a flight without dropping below 14v. If your problem still exists, then it is something else.

I still think something is not right as your voltage drops too quickly.....

ok i ill try balance again now i started motor and the back is running slower than the front i just notice this those stock esc don't need to be program but it now front is lifting first and it tilt backwards. Maybe i need new esc.

Daniel, you will get it sorted out. Anytime you have a short with electrical, as you did with your GoPro, you can potentially damage other components. I also noticed that Motor 3 on your black box file shot up to 99% throttle, so you may want to check that one out.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Please note that if you are flying the standard X650 Pro vehicle with the shipped esc and motors you need to use 4S batteries

3S are okay if doing bench work and only static power, but I have been advised by XA that flying with 3S is a recipe for disaster, they will deplete too quickly and do not provide the current for satisfactory operation.

Daniel I would say most of your long list of problems are related to power supply

Please read bottom of this page: http://www.xaircraft.com/aircraft/

[h=3]OTHER ITEMS REQUIRED FOR FLIGHT SOLD SEPARATELY:[/h]
  • Battery: 14.8V Lipo (4S) with minimum 20C discharge rate. (5000mAh can provide approximately 15 minutes flight time depending on TOW and environment)

David

CrashMaster

If that is a x650 Pro you should be running with 4s or higher. The X650 Pro run with 4x 30A ESCs and 4x 3110 800Kv T-Motor motors and swing 1147 and up props. The current draw is too much for a 3s.
What you have to consider is that with the 800kv motor the props will be running at over 11000 rpm with the 4s but only 8800 rpm with 3S and the same throttle. That simply means the voltage draw will be too great for the 3s causing rapid voltage drop when you throttle up enough to get any decent lift. That will result in a rapid voltage drop in flight too.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
If that is a x650 Pro you should be running with 4s or higher. The X650 Pro run with 4x 30A ESCs and 4x 3110 800Kv T-Motor motors and swing 1147 and up props. The current draw is too much for a 3s.
What you have to consider is that with the 800kv motor the props will be running at over 11000 rpm with the 4s but only 8800 rpm with 3S and the same throttle. That simply means the voltage draw will be too great for the 3s causing rapid voltage drop when you throttle up enough to get any decent lift. That will result in a rapid voltage drop in flight too.

Also add he is running a gimbals and TX plus osd! no wonder it just falls out of the sky randomly :dejection:

David

May not be a bad idea for him to use a UBEC somewhere in the mix, but I agree with both you guys....4S for the Pro at minimum.

~T.J.

Dhardjono

Ok i will just use 4s i must see why number 3 & 4 is slower than 1-2 and it will not lift off up it tilt back i am using 4s .

CrashMaster

4s is the minimum and recommended, but if you were to use a 5s or 6d you would need to consider smaller props or slower motors.

Electro 2

I use 3S all the time with my SuperX and regularly take them down to ~10v without any problems. Aren't they designed for 3S and 4S+ ?

The discussion here is revolves around whether the *X650 aircraft* is/will be 3S compatible, not the Super X, per se. And I think they're on the right track, Dhardjono has a power issue. And yes, I have two SXs and one is in a 3S aircraft, the other in a 6S aircraft, it's happy either way.