XAircraft SuperX

Dhardjono

After working out my ESC problems it's now airborne and not to bad but, now when I put it in GPS mode it drift slow and greps beyond the 3m. can anyone tell me something to try. do you think I need to recalibrate my GPS?

here is the link to the black box http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_01_19_114039.250_45.1.05.39
Your trim are all at 0 on your radio some time i accidentally touch the trims and it start wandering to left or right and gps is pointing to the front.

Dax

Yap all trim's on the radio are at 0. we are in the middle of a snow storm so I can't get out to recalibrate the GPS, I'm thinking that maybe the problem.

Dhardjono

Yap all trim's on the radio are at 0. we are in the middle of a snow storm so I can't get out to recalibrate the GPS, I'm thinking that maybe the problem.

Yes i see you live near my friend he about few mile from you i had a hard time calibrating my compass no matter how many time i look at drew video it would not calibrate properly but the trick is to carefully look at the blinking light soon as it blinks stop and do the next step and do the same that where i got confuse i kept on going to where i started.

Dax

yap, confusing to me to. this is my first SuperX I think I may have screwed up on that I will give it a shot as soon as I can. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your reply, I love this Multirotor Forums good people here.:tennis:

Av8Chuck

Dhardjono, Do you think that the vidration too much? I am a little worry about that.

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_01_19...250_45.1.05.39

Sorry for butting in but the best way to determine how well balanced your props and motors are is to mount the camera directly to the frame, not with a gimbal and shoot some aerial. The reason is that not all camera's are the same when it comes to vibration induced jello, not only that, Density Altitude plays a role in this too. Your footage might be perfect in the afternoon but the next morning its very still but colder, the DA lower, the air is denser and the props have a little more grip which can cause vibration.

No doubt that the logs are a useful guide to setting up performance but if your doing this for AP work then the only thing that matters is the footage coming out of the camera and there are a lot of variables that aren't in the logs. If I'm flying at a high DA I'll change to smaller props, not as efficient, requires more throttle and shorter flight times but more often than not it really smooths things out. I live at sea level but often shoot at 8,000 ft MSL which is a very different environment.

You might be surprised at how much of a difference a little change in DA can make.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

did your rec any video? if so any vibration in the video? it looks like your flying FPV.

[video]https://vimeo.com/user2898957/review/84310507/68b782316a[/video] Here the video i did ad very light stabilizer but evan with out it it was prety smooth i am using a tarot gimbal go pro+ .

avxchuck i will try that with out a gimbal and see that good idea .

Av8Chuck

If your getting acceptable video from your setup I'm not sure its necessary to do what I suggested. Doing that just removes the gimbal from the equation and might give you more accurate results.

Its difficult to determine the quality of footage online, there are some stutters which I'm guessing is caused from the software stabilization, but other than that it looked pretty good.

Dhardjono

If your getting acceptable video from your setup I'm not sure its necessary to do what I suggested. Doing that just removes the gimbal from the equation and might give you more accurate results.

Its difficult to determine the quality of footage online, there are some stutters which I'm guessing is caused from the software stabilization, but other than that it looked pretty good.

Thanks i could just Velcro i have an old gopro i may try just what result i get you can download the video on vimeo so no stuttering i was just testing trannis radio see how far i can go and how low and go far before the trannis warning me.

Dax

I agree, although I think that was a good video. got a little nervous when you clip a branch, nice job Dhardjono.

You have to align the motors. You got 3 fighting against some motors. Been there, done that. Mine drifted alot before. Know It Works fine.

Dhardjono

I agree, although I think that was a good video. got a little nervous when you clip a branch, nice job Dhardjono.

Thanks i got lost at the end lucky no trees was above me when i lift up to find home. The SUPE X OSD is fantastic to have if you like fpv it a must have it tell you when battery low time of flight and more.

Dhardjono

Dhardjono, is your rig a X650 ? you got a long flight time on that one.

Yes i love that copter made by Hobby Wing but it had dji NAZA V2 on board now it in the bottom of the Hudson River about almost 3 month ago 11/30/13 from a run away i could not believe it i lost every thing on board and the important footage.
here the place where i lost her.I went back there to get some establishing footage NOTICE AT 110 MIN i put the radio down was trying to adjust my goggles it was on gps it just stay in 1 spot really good holding position Super x. I am hoping for a safe no run away year and by this time next year i will still have my copter :livid:

Sorry i read you post wrong, Yes it 650 pro i get about 12 min and 3 min return home when using 4s 6000amh i just got 8000amh zippy 4s battery the worse battery ever i just bought it to try how much longer flight time i got extra 2 mins only so heavier battery does not always give you better run time

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

What happen at 8:26 in the video? did you hit something?

I did not have my goggle on and did not have the battery warning plug in that make noise when 3 min to land i new i had about 2 min to land so i was 10 sec wrong i was going to land in the picknic table and it drop i cought it no damage done just cut my hand even the plastic prop that big will cut you up. You have one of these ? View attachment 15759

Attachments

• 2014-01-21 19.32.39.jpg
    2014-01-21 19.32.39.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 313

Dax

yap, about 4 of them. they work wall. I also have the X650 pro only tested it it has a naza I dont like DJI stuff that's why I got the SuperX.