XAircraft SuperX

Efliernz

Pete
It just sat there... how boring ;)

I recently bought a Naza v2. I suspect it may be sold before it comes out of the box! The SuperX is looking good...

Pete

nicwilke

Pete,
You are correct, very boring. I'm just getting this hexa from 4s to 6s so I have been a bit cautious before gunning it. I'll get some more footage of it actually flying somewhere.
It just sat there... how boring ;)

I recently bought a Naza v2. I suspect it may be sold before it comes out of the box! The SuperX is looking good...

Pete

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

nicwilke

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378693535971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378693535971.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 342

Vojec

Need some additional info regarding SuperX.

1. Is there a weight limitation of multicopter like: Naza is best for under 5kg WKM 5-14kg, etc...
2. Look into manual (pdf) under GPS. What is min. of locked satellites to fly under GPS and is there auto switch to ATI and what happened if someone fly under solar storm?
3. support for FASST, PPM conection?

Must say it's looking very promising. With POI will be rocket :)

nicwilke

Need some additional info regarding SuperX.

1. Is there a weight limitation of multicopter like: Naza is best for under 5kg WKM 5-14kg, etc...
2. Look into manual (pdf) under GPS. What is min. of locked satellites to fly under GPS and is there auto switch to ATI and what happened if someone fly under solar storm?
3. support for FASST, PPM conection?

Must say it's looking very promising. With POI will be rocket :)

I have tested it with 7kg and it is very stable. When gps reaches 7 satellites, it is highly accurate. If it drops to less, it just becomes less accurate, but still is gps assisted. I have flown in medium solar storm but no problem, I don't know about high storms.
There's a I/O V2 available soon (perhaps already) for Sbus. That is the only difference between V1 and v2 I/O module.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm currently reviewing a SuperX for RCgroups.com and I GOTTA SAY.. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL.
Very smooth, consistant and the GPS, Alt hold is insane.
I'm sold!

nicwilke

I'm currently reviewing a SuperX for RCgroups.com and I GOTTA SAY.. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL.
Very smooth, consistant and the GPS, Alt hold is insane.
I'm sold!

I agree, you gain a trust in the SuperX that you can rely on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fit101

I have the SuperX in my Tarot 960 Hexa weighing in at over 10lbs with FPV gear. This FC is unbelievably stable... even in a brisk wind. The return to home and land function is the real standout. I did 2 RTH landings hands off that placed the Hexa within inches of the previous landing. I flew the FC1212-P with the AHRS-S V2 with GPS and compass in my 650v8, I got that set up to work fairly well with some tuning... but to be honest the RTH feature was a butt puckering experience when I tried it as it would severely overshoot it's mark. In comparison this SuperX does everything the old setup did... but does it correctly! It's almost not fair to put the two in the same sentence.
I purchased mine from Drew at Xaircraft America. Great guy to deal with and was very responsive when I thought I had a issue but turned out to be a faulty satellite antenna on my Spectrum receiver. Highly recommend doing business with him.

I'm going to upload a video to YouTube of a 10 min FPV flight with a RTH test at the end. I'll drop a link here when it's up.

nicwilke

I flew the FC1212-P with the AHRS-S V2 with GPS and compass
I lost my double-p hexa with gimbal, radio gear, battery and gopro hero2 into a lagoon because the AHRS-P malfunctioned. Xaircraft obviously went back to the drawing board and reinvented themselves. I'm loving this.

Fit101

Here's a 10 min FPV video of a early test flight checking out the stability and consistency of this platform. It's not a overly exciting video but keep in mind the camera was not attached to a gimble, but rather directly attached to the lower plate. The landing was done with the hands off RTH (return to home and landing) on the SuperX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvh...e_gdata_player

DH106

Had a SuperX on a Quad for a coupla weeks now & generally very impressed with it's position keeping in wind :tennis:

First flights were fantastic - like it was on rails, even in some wind. However - last coulpa flights (since I reconfigured & added camera gimbal etc) the Quad has become noticably more twitchy & 'nervous' in the hover. I'm now flying it with the controllable Gain set to minimum which seems to give the most stable hover. I'm trying to figure out if the change in hover behaviour is simply cos it's now heavier (camera gimbal), or there's an issue with the SuperX, or something else. Have tried substituting motors, ESC's, balancing props etc. to no great improvement. Anyone any advice - I've pretty new to Quads?