XAircraft SuperX

envy

I know there are different SuperX: Basic, Standard, and Pro - are the differences firmware? I find different prices for depending on the type purchased.

iflynavy

My understanding on it is there are different firmwares, i believe essentially to unlock the features that are a difference. At this point I think the only difference is the type of quad you have, for instance, basic can handle quad, standard hex, and pro octo... I don't believe the actual code is different.

Make sense?

envy

My understanding on it is there are different firmwares, i believe essentially to unlock the features that are a difference. At this point I think the only difference is the type of quad you have, for instance, basic can handle quad, standard hex, and pro octo... I don't believe the actual code is different.

Make sense?

Thanks! Now that you mention that I remember reading that somewhere.

Envy

nicwilke

The basic does 2 flight characters, quad + & x, the standard does those also, but does hexa configurations too, including Y6. The pro does the lot. There is an upgrade pathetic in effect, pay for firmware.

nicwilke

Firmware is $100 to go from basic to standard, $100 to go from Standard to Pro, or $200 from basic to pro.

Same hardware for all versions, you just pay for the type of quad you want to use to keep costs as low as possible. When you compare it to what a Wookong costs, it's quite a good deal. It will let you grow with the FC without having to pay for it on the front end. There are some exciting new things in the works for the SuperX!

ckarcher

Hi Drew and X-aircraft :) I'm building a quad (TBS discovery pro) and after seeing all the flyaway and FOD issues with the NAZA's I'm concerned and considering a switch to the Super X. Beyond the black box functionality, what are the major highlights that you think make the X more stable and reliable- and how do you plan to support the product? (It seems DJI does not respond or address the issues being brought up by pilots)

I've been flying for 20yrs and never had a major mishap where i put myself or anyone else in danger- I want to simply continue to operate in this hobby as safely and reliably as I can.

DennyR

It is interesting. X aircraft started out with a few problems but it seems that they have less firmware updates and far less firmware related issues than the historical track record of DJI. Having said that most of the controllers are now working quite well.

ary

looks promising. how many waypoint? when it will release? Now I have option between Ys x8 - super X.
I have experienced with old FC 1212 P

With the SuperX there is now an awesome feature called Black Box that is, as the name implies, a complete flight recorder. It now allows us to objectively take a look at exactly what goes on on each flight and measures the location, inputs from the controller, speed, motor outputs, vibration, etc... so now if someone has an issue they just need to upload their Black Box file from the FC and either me or someone from XAircraft can see what happened. It eliminates the guessing and I think is telling that it is not a feature on any DJI product. The numbers don't lie!

looks promising. how many waypoint? when it will release? Now I have option between Ys x8 - super X.
I have experienced with old FC 1212 P
No waypoints on this version, but they are reportedly coming. Not timetable right now. The SuperX is already released and for sale. It is an entirely new and better flight controller than the old FC1212P, it makes it both look and fly like very outdated technology in my opinion.

Hi Drew

I finally ordered the x650 and the superX. I hope to see that the superX will kick *** over DJI...lol
Thanks
Franktv415

No waypoints on this version, but they are reportedly coming. Not timetable right now. The SuperX is already released and for sale. It is an entirely new and better flight controller than the old FC1212P, it makes it both look and fly like very outdated technology in my opinion.

nicwilke

View attachment 13493

I'm close to getting the old XM6 onto SuperX and new 6s system. Should be testing tomorrow or the day after.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378216222327.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378216222327.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 389

Kilby

Hey guys. There seems to be a lot of interest around this new offering from XAircraft. I wanted to let you all know that we will be doing an official Multirotorforums review of the Super X in the next few weeks. Drew from xAircraft America was nice enough to supply a unit for us to do an independent third-party review of. I'll be doing the builds and the review, and am very excited to get started on the project. Having owned the original XAircaft X650 v8, I feel confident that I'll be able to provide a comprehensive overview of where the brand has been over the last few years. I've also owned Wookong, Naza, CC3D, KK2 & Multiwii over the years, so expect to see info about how this new FC falls in line with other offerings from the industry.

Drew, thanks again for working with us on this. Bart and myself are excited to see how this turns out.

I'm excited to see how it turns out as well. I am sure you guys will be very pleased with the performance and I will be interested to hear how you feel it stacks up to the rest of the pack.

ary

A2 kiler!!!

I also have a new project using Superx with RC Tiger Motor new U Power series U8 100kv water prof. motor + 29 inch tiger prop
Min. 1hr flight time quad
Here U8 spec they send to me

I will wait until they release waypoint. Hopefully not too long, otherwise I will switch to YS (zero uav)

Attachments

• U8 three kv kv100.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 456

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I have just fitted Super X to a new build quad and it feels good. Being a Noob meant that I needed help with a few basics but reading this and RCG forum plus almost instant response from China has got me through the process.
Drew's video also contributed a great deal, he is doing a good job for the Xcraft product. Very happy to be flying daily after having lost all confidence with Naza V1 and WKM, finger trouble may have contributed to this but with Super X once over the yellow GPS light experience posted above it is all go. The most important part of the learning curve has been to read the manual carefully - do not rush things.

nicwilke

Having flown over 50 successful flights on a quad, and now 15 or so on my hexa, I can continue to state that the flight character of this controller gives me confidence. I don't get a twitch, or a momentary anomaly that puts my heart in my throat. For example: ZeroUAV YS X6, YS-X4, Naza and even V1 WKM, I never liked flying over water. This SuperX however, I don't get the really nervous sweating palms I do with the other controllers.
Waypoints are a cool feature/gimmick on any controller, I've used waypoints for a few tests, but I guess I don't need it at the moment. When it comes, I'll probably pay for the upgrade firmware if it is a paid upgrade.
I know there's some disgruntled old Xaircraft users who think that they were not dealt with in a good manner a few years back, but I urge you to check out Kilbys review when he tests it out as it will be truly independent and without influence.

I have just fitted Super X to a new build quad and it feels good. Being a Noob meant that I needed help with a few basics but reading this and RCG forum plus almost instant response from China has got me through the process.
Drew's video also contributed a great deal, he is doing a good job for the Xcraft product. Very happy to be flying daily after having lost all confidence with Naza V1 and WKM, finger trouble may have contributed to this but with Super X once over the yellow GPS light experience posted above it is all go. The most important part of the learning curve has been to read the manual carefully - do not rush things.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2