Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

XAircraft SuperX

Discussion in 'General Drone Manufacturer Discussion' started by envy, Aug 20, 2013.

1. X650Mouse

X650Mouse Take no prisoners

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Posted by X650Mouse, Feb 10, 2015 #1581
    Nope, but when did you try to contact them? the following is from another post on a different forum, you are not likely to get any response from China, their English is poor their firewall is government run and they expect your dealer to answer questions.

X

2. Go4d

Go4d Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Posted by Go4d, Feb 10, 2015 #1582
    I email them about two weeks ago, still nothing, now with your reference it seems I'll have to wait a bit more…. Regardless of where they are, the response time is very slow, they should take care of this, a brand like this should have more than one person responding emails and customers, it seems that Anthony is the only one who responds to emails.
    Thanks for your help,

3. X650Mouse

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Posted by X650Mouse, Feb 10, 2015 #1583
    XAAustralia has a very good reputation with users for being prompt with his replies, some who have complained have found their email system is to blame.

XA Australia posted this a few days ago a MiniX forum, so he is showing himself to be available to the community, if you have problems your first port of call should be your dealer or a forum like this will answer most if not all you technical questions, one here (Zirt57) has been a test pilot for XA

X

4. Go4d

Go4d Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Posted by Go4d, Feb 10, 2015 #1584
    OK, hope they get back with me…. Thanks.

In another matter by any chance do you know if the Immersion EzUHF can connect to the SuperX using one servo wire as "SBUS" or PPM Muxed?, or does it needs to be connected as Traditional (a servo wire per channel), I want to connect only one servo extension as "SBUS".

5. X650Mouse

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Posted by X650Mouse, Feb 10, 2015 #1585
    No sorry, somebody else may be of help I use FrSky Taranis X8R S-Bus to SuperX (single servo wire) and it works without any issues.

X

2 people like this.
  6. dazzab

dazzab Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Canberra Australia
    Posted by dazzab, Feb 11, 2015 #1586
    Anthony of XAircraft International in Australia is a responsible person who goes well beyond what I would expect. I'm confident he will get back to you. I think at the moment he is travelling internationally which could be why you haven't heard from him as quickly as others of us have in the past.

7. rwilabee

rwilabee Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Palm Springs, CA USA
    Posted by rwilabee, Feb 17, 2015 #1587
    After you calibrate is there a rule of thumb when you should calibrate again ie moving to another location a certain distance from where you calibrated.

8. SleepyC

SleepyC www.AirHeadMedia.com

Posted by SleepyC, Feb 17, 2015 #1588
    I usually recalibrate at any location 10 miles or more from my last location Also if I'm on Set for an entire day, I'll start the day recalibrating everything just to be sure. It really never hurts to calibrate. Especially with temperature changes...

9. Dylan M

Dylan M Which Switch...

Aug 28, 2014
    NC
    Posted by Dylan M, Feb 17, 2015 #1589
    Also remember that the Chinese New Year is going on right about now. They might all be on holiday... lol. Although that doesn't explain why they couldn't respond 2 weeks ago. Wish they had some experts stateside...

10. Cornforth Images

Cornforth Images Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Posted by Cornforth Images, Mar 14, 2015 #1590
    I have been building hexs for almost 2 years and been using SuperX most of that time. I recently ordered my first MiniX to put on one of my Tarot 680Pros from Jeff at CNCHeli. I've been using the same Futaba 8J radio for almost all of my flying, but can not vouch for how long I've had the particular R2008SB receiver on that hex, though, it was working fine with SuperX and even when I started the calibration process of the MiniX yesterday. After I did the RC reverse calibration, my LED stopped working and my fc would not respond to any inputs. Of course, every so often my LED would come on again when I powered on, but still nothing. I was growing increasingly frustrated.

After emailing Jeff and XAircraft Support, I was told to wait until Monday in China, but also to try to replace my radio-receiver. So, this morning, I pulled the sbus wire to my receiver and put on a brand new R3008SB. Once I linked it with my new Futaba 10J, I then powered on my MiniX and was pleased to see that my LED and fc were working. I'll have to order a new R2008SB for my 8J.

Anyways, I hope that this all works when I get the chance to test fly as soon as the weather cooperates.

11. Cornforth Images

Cornforth Images Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Posted by Cornforth Images, Mar 14, 2015 #1591
    I have 2 SuperX fcs. One of them is having a software issue regarding"Configurator Version Mismatch" that I have been trying to get resolved with XAircraft for over a month. I bought both of my fcs from Drew and we all know that he is no longer around. Yesterday, I spoke at length with John Wood at Addictive RC in Tucson. He was very helpful and informative. One thing that he told me to do that I have not done the last 2 years is to set my travel (end points?) to 135, rather than 100. I have never seen any information about this before, so I was hoping that someone might be able to inform me if this is indeed advised and necessary.

Here are a few pics of my current settings. Thanks for taking a look and replying.

View attachment 23780 View attachment 23781 View attachment 23782

Attached Files:

12. X650Mouse

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Posted by X650Mouse, Mar 14, 2015 #1592
    All that means is that the firmware and software don't match..... different versions

Contact international@xaircraft.com for links to the correct software/firmware, make sure when you email them you have the ID number for the offending SuperX.

Good luck

X

13. Cornforth Images

Cornforth Images Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Posted by Cornforth Images, Mar 14, 2015 #1593
    That is kind of what I had thought, but I do not have the original packaging from 2 years ago and can not access my serial number in superx.exe. Waiting for help.

14. X650Mouse

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Posted by X650Mouse, Mar 14, 2015 #1594
    The ID isn't on the package it's in the firmware, email Anthony at the addy I gave you and explain the problems he will help.

X

15. Cornforth Images

Cornforth Images Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Posted by Cornforth Images, Mar 14, 2015 #1595
    Thank you! I will send an email to that address.

16. rwilabee

rwilabee Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Palm Springs, CA USA
    Posted by rwilabee, Mar 20, 2015 #1596
    Unfortunately Jeff at CNC is not very tech savy and doesn't see to have any tech support people working for him.

17. SamaraMedia

SamaraMedia Active Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Connecticut
    Posted by SamaraMedia, Apr 21, 2015 #1597
    Hey guys, went out for a maiden on my Tarot X6, first time using Super X so a little apprehensive of the setup and launch. Watched Drew's setup video, very helpful, did my GPS cali on site, got 7 sats, armed and gave some throttle but as I increased the level the hex began to tip backwards. Checked balance of battery on craft, no camera - except for FPV cam - or gimbal. Checked rotation of each motor and that seems fine. I did notice that when I first pulled in today, after the esc's went through their initialization, motor #6 kept beeping so I unplugged, waited about 10 seconds and plugged in again, this time no problems. Not sure if yesterday when I was trying to calibrate GPS incorrectly (as the rain began to fall) so not sure if I messed up the throttle calibration settings from over the weekend.

I'm going to go through the whole process again to see if that helps. I was able to get a different hex off the ground a few months ago with no problems but this one is frustrating me. One thing that I don't like on this hex is the cantilevered arm setup, makes it awefuly difficult to properly level motor mounts. I placed my hex on the granite kitchen island and used a dial indicator on each motor running it across the center of the motor to try and level since I can't use a straight edge across the top like normal. I know that issue is a Tarot problem and not Super X but wondering if that might have something to do with the tendency to tilt back if the motors aren't level. If anyone is using this hex and has a suggestion for that I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

John

18. mediaguru

mediaguru Member

May 17, 2014
    Utah
    Posted by mediaguru, Apr 21, 2015 #1598
    Sounds similar to issues I had. If it is the same issue, it relates to the throttle range and throttle calibration. I ended up finding some others with a similar issue. The resolution was to set the throttle range on the Taranis from -90 to +100, then do the ESC endpoint calibration for all motors. After that, then put the throttle back to -100 +100.

19. questech

questech Member

Sep 23, 2013
    Posted by questech, Apr 21, 2015 #1599
    Hi John,

The cantilevered arms are supposed to give more flight stability, but they do make it a little more difficult to level the motors.

Unless the leveling is WAY off (and you would be able to tell visually) it shouldn't make your hex tip on take-off.

First of all, as many will attest, there is a auto take-off feature with the SX that works well for most. After you arm the motors you bring your throttle to just above 50% and the SX will take itself off and hover about a meter off the ground.

Another technique is to rapidly (don't go crazy) advance the throttle after arming. This will get the hex in the air without the tipping potential that slowly advancing the throttle has.

You may be thinking... yeah but what if the tipping tendency means something is really wrong and if I get it in the air it might flip or some other way crash.

If you are thinking that, I don't blame you. I can only speak from my experience and with my craft. Many of these MultiRotors (MR) have this tendency until airborne. I use a different technique that a lot of people don't like, but works best for me and my flying abilities.

I arm my motors and then slowly advance my throttle until the MR is light on it's landing gear (skids). At that point I can see if the MR wants to lean in a certain direction and which way it wants to lean. I then apply opposite control input to level the MR and then smoothly advance the throttle until the craft lifts off.

My technique isn't very popular for some reason, but with this technique I know if the leaning is problematic, or if my correction is all the MR needed to take off. You see, if I had a serious problem, I wouldn't be able to level my MR i the first place and that would tell me that I had a more serious issue that might cause an accident.

Anyway, that's just my opinion that you can leverage with the others you will get here.

Good Luck!

Anthony

20. SamaraMedia

SamaraMedia Active Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Connecticut
    Posted by SamaraMedia, Apr 21, 2015 #1600
    Thanks, I'm in the process of doing the throttle cali again, I'm using a Futaba F8TG. Here's a couple pics of what my settings are after your suggestion, hopefully I going in right direction.

Attached Files: