XAircraft SuperX

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I have emailed to international@xaircraft.com and also to main office, they should at least have auto respond on to know they received the emails….

Do you work with Xaircraft Australia?, do you have another contact email for Xaircraft?

Nope, but when did you try to contact them? the following is from another post on a different forum, you are not likely to get any response from China, their English is poor their firewall is government run and they expect your dealer to answer questions.

Okay guys here is the thing with XAircraft support.

Pointless sending emails to china I think only one person in their office reads/speaks English, 90% of XA market is in Asia.

Aside from the local dealers the best support email is international@xaircraft.com the name there is Anthony Swinbourne, those that have dealt with him speak highly, he is a hobbyist as well as the International Sales Manager for XA.

The next 2 week may be a bit slow in communication as he will be in China for the International launch of Xmissionhttp://www.xaircraft.com/products/x-mission/ and face it! China scrutinises every email from the west which slows down the process.

It is easy to be critical of any organisation but some here need to support their 'lousy support' comments with facts, like who did you try to contact and when

X

Go4d

I email them about two weeks ago, still nothing, now with your reference it seems I'll have to wait a bit more…. Regardless of where they are, the response time is very slow, they should take care of this, a brand like this should have more than one person responding emails and customers, it seems that Anthony is the only one who responds to emails.
Thanks for your help,

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I email them about two weeks ago, still nothing, now with your reference it seems I'll have to wait a bit more…. Regardless of where they are, the response time is very slow, they should take care of this, a brand like this should have more than one person responding emails and customers, it seems that Anthony is the only one who responds to emails.
Thanks for your help,

XAAustralia has a very good reputation with users for being prompt with his replies, some who have complained have found their email system is to blame.

XA Australia posted this a few days ago a MiniX forum, so he is showing himself to be available to the community, if you have problems your first port of call should be your dealer or a forum like this will answer most if not all you technical questions, one here (Zirt57) has been a test pilot for XA

X

Hi all.

Ant from XAircraft here. For anyone requiring tech support, as David said, you can forward your questions directly to me at international@xaircraft.com
In order to assist you can you please include in your email your UID number from the MINIX configurator, the Black Box file from MINIX, a few photos of your installation and a description of the problem you are experiencing. Also please mention where you purchased the FC from and what - if any - support you have received or requested from them.
As David said I will be in China from Friday 6th but will do my best to reply to you in a timely manner.

Go4d

XAAustralia has a very good reputation with users for being prompt with his replies, some who have complained have found their email system is to blame.

XA Australia posted this a few days ago a MiniX forum, so he is showing himself to be available to the community, if you have problems your first port of call should be your dealer or a forum like this will answer most if not all you technical questions, one here (Zirt57) has been a test pilot for XA

X
OK, hope they get back with me…. Thanks.

In another matter by any chance do you know if the Immersion EzUHF can connect to the SuperX using one servo wire as "SBUS" or PPM Muxed?, or does it needs to be connected as Traditional (a servo wire per channel), I want to connect only one servo extension as "SBUS".

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
OK, hope they get back with me…. Thanks.

In another matter by any chance do you know if the Immersion EzUHF can connect to the SuperX using one servo wire as "SBUS" or PPM Muxed?, or does it needs to be connected as Traditional (a servo wire per channel), I want to connect only one servo extension as "SBUS".

No sorry, somebody else may be of help I use FrSky Taranis X8R S-Bus to SuperX (single servo wire) and it works without any issues.

X

dazzab

Anthony of XAircraft International in Australia is a responsible person who goes well beyond what I would expect. I'm confident he will get back to you. I think at the moment he is travelling internationally which could be why you haven't heard from him as quickly as others of us have in the past.

rwilabee

After you calibrate is there a rule of thumb when you should calibrate again ie moving to another location a certain distance from where you calibrated.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
After you calibrate is there a rule of thumb when you should calibrate again ie moving to another location a certain distance from where you calibrated.

I usually recalibrate at any location 10 miles or more from my last location Also if I'm on Set for an entire day, I'll start the day recalibrating everything just to be sure. It really never hurts to calibrate. Especially with temperature changes...

Dylan M

Which Switch...
Also remember that the Chinese New Year is going on right about now. They might all be on holiday... lol. Although that doesn't explain why they couldn't respond 2 weeks ago. Wish they had some experts stateside...

I have been building hexs for almost 2 years and been using SuperX most of that time. I recently ordered my first MiniX to put on one of my Tarot 680Pros from Jeff at CNCHeli. I've been using the same Futaba 8J radio for almost all of my flying, but can not vouch for how long I've had the particular R2008SB receiver on that hex, though, it was working fine with SuperX and even when I started the calibration process of the MiniX yesterday. After I did the RC reverse calibration, my LED stopped working and my fc would not respond to any inputs. Of course, every so often my LED would come on again when I powered on, but still nothing. I was growing increasingly frustrated.

After emailing Jeff and XAircraft Support, I was told to wait until Monday in China, but also to try to replace my radio-receiver. So, this morning, I pulled the sbus wire to my receiver and put on a brand new R3008SB. Once I linked it with my new Futaba 10J, I then powered on my MiniX and was pleased to see that my LED and fc were working. I'll have to order a new R2008SB for my 8J.

Anyways, I hope that this all works when I get the chance to test fly as soon as the weather cooperates.

I have 2 SuperX fcs. One of them is having a software issue regarding"Configurator Version Mismatch" that I have been trying to get resolved with XAircraft for over a month. I bought both of my fcs from Drew and we all know that he is no longer around. Yesterday, I spoke at length with John Wood at Addictive RC in Tucson. He was very helpful and informative. One thing that he told me to do that I have not done the last 2 years is to set my travel (end points?) to 135, rather than 100. I have never seen any information about this before, so I was hoping that someone might be able to inform me if this is indeed advised and necessary.

Here are a few pics of my current settings. Thanks for taking a look and replying.

View attachment 23780 View attachment 23781 View attachment 23782

Attachments

• IMG_5540.JPG
    IMG_5540.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_5541.JPG
    IMG_5541.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_5542.JPG
    IMG_5542.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 356

That is kind of what I had thought, but I do not have the original packaging from 2 years ago and can not access my serial number in superx.exe. Waiting for help.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
That is kind of what I had thought, but I do not have the original packaging from 2 years ago and can not access my serial number in superx.exe. Waiting for help.

The ID isn't on the package it's in the firmware, email Anthony at the addy I gave you and explain the problems he will help.

X

rwilabee

Unfortunately Jeff at CNC is not very tech savy and doesn't see to have any tech support people working for him.

I have been building hexs for almost 2 years and been using SuperX most of that time. I recently ordered my first MiniX to put on one of my Tarot 680Pros from Jeff at CNCHeli. I've been using the same Futaba 8J radio for almost all of my flying, but can not vouch for how long I've had the particular R2008SB receiver on that hex, though, it was working fine with SuperX and even when I started the calibration process of the MiniX yesterday. After I did the RC reverse calibration, my LED stopped working and my fc would not respond to any inputs. Of course, every so often my LED would come on again when I powered on, but still nothing. I was growing increasingly frustrated.

After emailing Jeff and XAircraft Support, I was told to wait until Monday in China, but also to try to replace my radio-receiver. So, this morning, I pulled the sbus wire to my receiver and put on a brand new R3008SB. Once I linked it with my new Futaba 10J, I then powered on my MiniX and was pleased to see that my LED and fc were working. I'll have to order a new R2008SB for my 8J.

Anyways, I hope that this all works when I get the chance to test fly as soon as the weather cooperates.

SamaraMedia

Hey guys, went out for a maiden on my Tarot X6, first time using Super X so a little apprehensive of the setup and launch. Watched Drew's setup video, very helpful, did my GPS cali on site, got 7 sats, armed and gave some throttle but as I increased the level the hex began to tip backwards. Checked balance of battery on craft, no camera - except for FPV cam - or gimbal. Checked rotation of each motor and that seems fine. I did notice that when I first pulled in today, after the esc's went through their initialization, motor #6 kept beeping so I unplugged, waited about 10 seconds and plugged in again, this time no problems. Not sure if yesterday when I was trying to calibrate GPS incorrectly (as the rain began to fall) so not sure if I messed up the throttle calibration settings from over the weekend.

I'm going to go through the whole process again to see if that helps. I was able to get a different hex off the ground a few months ago with no problems but this one is frustrating me. One thing that I don't like on this hex is the cantilevered arm setup, makes it awefuly difficult to properly level motor mounts. I placed my hex on the granite kitchen island and used a dial indicator on each motor running it across the center of the motor to try and level since I can't use a straight edge across the top like normal. I know that issue is a Tarot problem and not Super X but wondering if that might have something to do with the tendency to tilt back if the motors aren't level. If anyone is using this hex and has a suggestion for that I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

John

mediaguru

Hey guys, went out for a maiden on my Tarot X6, first time using Super X so a little apprehensive of the setup and launch. Watched Drew's setup video, very helpful, did my GPS cali on site, got 7 sats, armed and gave some throttle but as I increased the level the hex began to tip backwards. Checked balance of battery on craft, no camera - except for FPV cam - or gimbal. Checked rotation of each motor and that seems fine. I did notice that when I first pulled in today, after the esc's went through their initialization, motor #6 kept beeping so I unplugged, waited about 10 seconds and plugged in again, this time no problems. Not sure if yesterday when I was trying to calibrate GPS incorrectly (as the rain began to fall) so not sure if I messed up the throttle calibration settings from over the weekend.

I'm going to go through the whole process again to see if that helps. I was able to get a different hex off the ground a few months ago with no problems but this one is frustrating me. One thing that I don't like on this hex is the cantilevered arm setup, makes it awefuly difficult to properly level motor mounts. I placed my hex on the granite kitchen island and used a dial indicator on each motor running it across the center of the motor to try and level since I can't use a straight edge across the top like normal. I know that issue is a Tarot problem and not Super X but wondering if that might have something to do with the tendency to tilt back if the motors aren't level. If anyone is using this hex and has a suggestion for that I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

John

Sounds similar to issues I had. If it is the same issue, it relates to the throttle range and throttle calibration. I ended up finding some others with a similar issue. The resolution was to set the throttle range on the Taranis from -90 to +100, then do the ESC endpoint calibration for all motors. After that, then put the throttle back to -100 +100.

questech

Hi John,

The cantilevered arms are supposed to give more flight stability, but they do make it a little more difficult to level the motors.

Unless the leveling is WAY off (and you would be able to tell visually) it shouldn't make your hex tip on take-off.

First of all, as many will attest, there is a auto take-off feature with the SX that works well for most. After you arm the motors you bring your throttle to just above 50% and the SX will take itself off and hover about a meter off the ground.

Another technique is to rapidly (don't go crazy) advance the throttle after arming. This will get the hex in the air without the tipping potential that slowly advancing the throttle has.

You may be thinking... yeah but what if the tipping tendency means something is really wrong and if I get it in the air it might flip or some other way crash.

If you are thinking that, I don't blame you. I can only speak from my experience and with my craft. Many of these MultiRotors (MR) have this tendency until airborne. I use a different technique that a lot of people don't like, but works best for me and my flying abilities.

I arm my motors and then slowly advance my throttle until the MR is light on it's landing gear (skids). At that point I can see if the MR wants to lean in a certain direction and which way it wants to lean. I then apply opposite control input to level the MR and then smoothly advance the throttle until the craft lifts off.

My technique isn't very popular for some reason, but with this technique I know if the leaning is problematic, or if my correction is all the MR needed to take off. You see, if I had a serious problem, I wouldn't be able to level my MR i the first place and that would tell me that I had a more serious issue that might cause an accident.

Anyway, that's just my opinion that you can leverage with the others you will get here.

Good Luck!

Anthony

SamaraMedia

Thanks, I'm in the process of doing the throttle cali again, I'm using a Futaba F8TG. Here's a couple pics of what my settings are after your suggestion, hopefully I going in right direction.

Attachments

• -90.JPG
    -90.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 177
  • servo -90.JPG
    servo -90.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 153