XAircraft SuperX

SamaraMedia

Something else that crossed my mind while installing these was what do you do in case of a falisafe? Last thing I want is the landing gear in the up position if i had a RTH situation. I swear I came across this somewhere recently but can't remember where, think maybe on YouTube for something I was researching, but can't remember right now. What do you do for programing your retracts in failsafe if the occasion arises?

Zirt57

On my system you program what position the switches should be in, in case of a radio connection loss. So of course, the RTH switch is set but also the landing gear switch is in the down position. This is all done during the binding process (spektrum/orange RX). You start the binding process but before you bind, you remove the bind plug while the light is flashing. This puts the RX into super bind mode (or whatever they call it). I then put all switches into whatever position I want them to be if the RX looses contact. I have done a test of the RTH mode by turning off my radio but I didn't have retracts at the time.

This is how I bound it:
Some of the info in that video is wrong. i.e. The RTH will ignore my throttle setting as the SuperX is controlling it in order to return my unit to me. But the switch settings are basically correct (yeah, it ignores me switching to GPS, RTH does that by itself). However, if I had the retracts on a switch and put that switch into the down mode, I'm pretty sure they would drop down.

You've got me thinking now. I think I'll have to do another bench test video....

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Zirt57

Jeff
Did you install retracts on the X650 pro?

Oops, I'm slipping. I meant to reply to this a while ago. Yes, I put retracts on the X650 Pro. I got them from Hobby King. I had to do a slight modification to them to make them fit.

Jeff

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk Pro.

dstul

Oops, I'm slipping. I meant to reply to this a while ago. Yes, I put retracts on the X650 Pro. I got them from Hobby King. I had to do a slight modification to them to make them fit.

Jeff

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk Pro.
Is possible to post a couple of photos? I am interested in this setup. Are you using the X650 for a gopro or something bigger?
Thanx

Jjjkkklll

I've been struggling with a drifting issue on a new heavy lift x8 build with a superx.

Everything runs great. Stable, smooth, low vibrations and normal black box data. The weird thing is that in ATTI mode it will randomly drift to the left (roll left). If I put it in a GPS hold and wait a few seconds, as soon as I switch to ATTI it rolls left.

Any ideas what to look for to fix this? It's driving me nuts.

This is a 44lb X8 octo.

Go4d

Ken I wonder if you can help me.

I just bought some new jeti hicopter esc. These are non programmable and have fixed endpoints (1.05ms - 1.8ms). I have a Futaba 8FGS radio. The default throttle end points were;

135 100(1.1ms) 100(1.9ms) 135

Connecting the esc directly to the Rx required the lower throttle limit in the Tx to be lowered to 112(1.05ms) befoee ESC would arm. I changed the upper one to match the upper limit of 1.8ms so i ended up with;

135 112 70 135

I get a smooth throttle response when connected directly to the Rx. Now once i connected to the SuperX it won't arm at all. I re-did all Tx calibrations with the SuperX. Any ideas? I'm thinking the SuperX has a lower pwm limit it can't go below?
Ken I wonder if you can help me.

I just bought some new jeti hicopter esc. These are non programmable and have fixed endpoints (1.05ms - 1.8ms). I have a Futaba 8FGS radio. The default throttle end points were;

135 100(1.1ms) 100(1.9ms) 135

Connecting the esc directly to the Rx required the lower throttle limit in the Tx to be lowered to 112(1.05ms) befoee ESC would arm. I changed the upper one to match the upper limit of 1.8ms so i ended up with;

135 112 70 135

I get a smooth throttle response when connected directly to the Rx. Now once i connected to the SuperX it won't arm at all. I re-did all Tx calibrations with the SuperX. Any ideas? I'm thinking the SuperX has a lower pwm limit it can't go below?

Hello Djin, how did you solve this?, did you got the Jeti Hicopter Esc with the SuperX to work?, if so please tell me how, I can't get the esc's to arm.
Please advise.
Does anyone know if they are compatible?

Go4d

Hello Darson,
I appreciate your answer, very helpful, I will try to do that, I guess I missed that the SuperX does not provide a 5v output to the ESC's.

By any chance do you know if the Immersion EzUHF can connect to the SuperX using one servo wire as "SBUS" or PPM Muxed?, or does it needs to be connected as Traditional (a servo wire per channel), I want to connect only one servo extension.

mediaguru

Something else that crossed my mind while installing these was what do you do in case of a falisafe? Last thing I want is the landing gear in the up position if i had a RTH situation. I swear I came across this somewhere recently but can't remember where, think maybe on YouTube for something I was researching, but can't remember right now. What do you do for programing your retracts in failsafe if the occasion arises?

I'm working on the same thing. I have an 8XR and that can be custom programmed for failsafe which can include putting the gear down.

rwilabee

I'm trying to make sure I have the most current update but when I try to run the .exe file it says the configurator is mismatching. Also when I go to put in the ID on their web site it won't take it. I thought it was the Serial number on the box.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I'm trying to make sure I have the most current update but when I try to run the .exe file it says the configurator is mismatching. Also when I go to put in the ID on their web site it won't take it. I thought it was the Serial number on the box.

Get an email off to international@xaircraft.com and explain your problem, give the email a bit of a chance as the recipient is presently in China and emails with the west get the slow lane and inspected.

X

Go4d

Get an email off to international@xaircraft.com and explain your problem, give the email a bit of a chance as the recipient is presently in China and emails with the west get the slow lane and inspected.

X
What's going on with Xaircraft?, they never answer emails, are they still in bussiness?…I am not talking about Xaircraft America, I know they are gone…. I am talking about Xaircraft, they should step it up, they have very good products, to bad they don't have a fast response service for customers.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
What's going on with Xaircraft?, they never answer emails, are they still in bussiness?…I am not talking about Xaircraft America, I know they are gone…. I am talking about Xaircraft, they should step it up, they have very good products, to bad they don't have a fast response service for customers.

How are you trying to contact them? what email are you using? was your dealer XAUSA?

X

rwilabee

Figured it out. I was trying to use the software with the radio off. I really didn't think it would make a difference. I turned the radio on the the .exe file brings up the configuration screen which also lists my ID.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Figured it out. I was trying to use the software with the radio off. I really didn't think it would make a difference. I turned the radio on the the .exe file brings up the configuration screen which also lists my ID.

You have to explain that! SuperX does not require a radio for set up, power on the SX, have your computer with a suitable USB port available and on, then connect a USB cable from SX to computer, when the drive is recognised press the executable to initiate SuperX GUI.

That is all that is required, no idea what your radio is.

X