ritewing ZXL

kloner

Aerial DP
I won't get ruby till early December...... am down to hear ideas. I think Daves is too risky, same with sorrento if this is what they do....... The first time is scary, they can do alot of weird things leaving your hands

The planes was Ritewings,,,, luckily there fine tuning a ruby file on his own planes and that didn't happen to mine. i've only seen that from impact that punctures a cell.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
What did that thing get ran over by a tank after it caught fire? I just made the exec decision to gut my Z2 of everything and put some of it on my long range Y6. EZUHF/OSD for sale!

Ooops, made a mistake. Meant to say EZ OSD for sale. I am keeping the UHF

Last edited by a moderator:

jcmonty

What did that thing get ran over by a tank after it caught fire? I just made the exec decision to gut my Z2 of everything and put some of it on my long range Y6. EZUHF/OSD for sale!

Interested in the EZUHF.. pm me the details!

Kloner, a was talking to a guy last week at Dave's who flies at these fields near the home depot in carlsbad (googlemaps it). It seems that they are some pretty huge fields there. May be worth a checkout at least.

kloner

Aerial DP
he keeps flipping back and forth about keeping his ezuhf, i talk to yuri all the time........

Got a message last night RUBY's are shipping early next week, sweet, now i need to get the carbon fiber and finish this thing up. Right now i put a light coat of black down, laminated both sides with 5mil (thing is stiff as a board) and gonna go over all that with the cf vinyl

kloner

Aerial DP
so as i'm healing been getting back to my feet a little at a time. Was able to finish out my other ZXL that's a GP hero based rig running all the same fpv stuff except it has a CC3D flight controller and Eagle Tree osd...... just a smaller camera mount. it's super aero and should give some long flights.

The Ruby for the plane this post is about shipped today so she should be flying shortly

heres Big Red

016_795.jpg

017_795.jpg

i.php

i.php

i.php

011%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

795x596x008,P20,P281024x768,P29_795.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7b-qdrKfqK.jpg

Danub

so as i'm healing been getting back to my feet a little at a time. Was able to finish out my other ZXL that's a GP hero based rig running all the same fpv stuff except it has a CC3D flight controller be flying shortly
Glad to hear you r healing. . .
I like the red n black paint scheme. . . . why the cc3d flight controller? (don't get me wrong i luv em for mu multi's) but what is the goal with this fc??

kloner

Aerial DP
stable video with hero3

All my planks have flight controllers, same reason. that and self leveling is a bonus. I run eagle tree osd pros w/ guardian in one.... cc3d in another, ruby in 2 others....

tstrike

pendejo grande
That thing makes the nex look like a gopro!
Merry Christmas dood-learned a lot from you this year-thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
Merry Chrsitmas bro,,,,, we all learned alot from each other this year. Can't tell you how many times something came up that i had read about on here.

Lifter

Looking good Kloner, Merry Xmas to you from "Down Under" and keep posting those great vid's, Cheers, Alan

Tomstoy2

Merry Xmas, Kloner, guys!!!

Don't worry about '13'. It will take care of itself.

Like the others, I'm anxious to see the vid's of this beast!

Any particular reason for the Torq servo's? Those things eat a hell of a lot.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well C'mon man, you cant tease us like that. Go shoot with that nex before it rains again! Damn, that is sick. If this inspires anyone, I have a Z2 with the EZ OSD and motor/esc/folding prop for sale. Almost ARF. $500. It is cut out for the nex5n already but should probably have the wing extensions added.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'll throw you a set of extensions, don't let me forget after the holliday

tom, it's for a few reasons, one being fast and strong. it's an 88" wing with single servos on what they call "heavy lifter" elevons 3" wide. there like 39" long x 3" each. the servos are reliable, fast, brushless, have a low wear rate.... there wicked servos. not really into being the most efficient guy on the block, but am interested in getting the smoothest ride possible with the highest probability of getting it back. you see where i'm flying, can't trust that to any old gear.

next month the osd comes out for ruby and it snaps onto the ruby stack. Right now it is 2 plates, ruby and an expander. it adds sd card, tilt and roll gimble control, usb connectivity. it's a pretty slick setup. pitot tube, magnatometer, current sensor, sat, 3 gyros, 3 accelerometers, all tuned by the factory for each plane. you send him a file from the maiden, he tunes the firmware and send it back to ya, that's it. From there it loiters, flys waypoints autonomously, return to land. it's a pimp flight controller for a plane. Figured it makes since to run it with the more expensive glass. IF it flies right, i'll have this thing at the river for 5 days over new years weekend/week. Got the mountain surfing in my sights in the red one for sure

this one has 5200 mah of 6s on 800kv motor and 12x5 prop. should run around 60mph ish efficiently, 10-15 amp

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm so stoked, got the monkey off my back with this the ruby build. Didn't remember to make any expo or d/r so she was a handfull in manual mode, but doable. Definately gotta dial it back a tad. The bir red bastard stole the show today. I flew my zII and absolutely hated it. ZXL for what i do is el perfecto