ritewing ZXL

kloner

Aerial DP
My Buddy Tregon Owens and i went out to sorrento for some more ruby data collecting and a good time. He caught a cool set of shots of me launching a ET osd pro self leveling enabled zii and a bunch of zxl action shots..... Just ordered 6 more packs for the zxl s it can start getting a little more stick time. Been running off one set

KlonerLaunch1.jpg

KlonerLaunch2.jpg

KlonerLaunch3.jpg

KlonerInWeeds1.jpg

RitewingScene1.jpg

RitewingBlack.jpg

KlonerRitewing.jpg

KlonerBackLanding.jpg

getting there

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm almost there, Gotta shoot in 3 weeks using it so i'm moving in that direction fast. Got a uv lens cover and a polarized one on the way. Gonna put those on first to get a chance at a second flight. It's spooky looking to land this thing with a lens like this sticking out......... onecrazymudafuka

see all that lead? Just ordered 6 more 6s packs for this...... been running on one set.... like a rev limiter on myself

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
the nex-5a is mounted up with the pancake lens. I hate em both so it's no love lost if anything happens. We'll take a look at that as soon as this rain blows out, think were flying Saturday

Got the replacement kit for the red one that blew up,,,,,, but i'll make a fresh post, it's a whole different deal......

kloner

Aerial DP
that'll be part of the learning curve....... but the idea is to find a soft place to land. Gopros just do it, we'll see if the nex is up for the challenge.

that place in the canyon i fly has a huge slope you land at, is grassy and soft, slow rise so you can power into the wind at it

last 15 seconds is a landing

hjls3

hmmm - when ben asked the question i just thought, "its kloner, he lands it in the backseat of his vehicles, like he does the ladies" - I can testify to a nex being in a pocket and becoming one with some very hard snow, then 240lbs on top of it sliding a bit. I thought for sure it was toast but worked fine.

the nex-5a is mounted up with the pancake lens. I hate em both so it's no love lost if anything happens. We'll take a look at that as soon as this rain blows out, think were flying Saturday

Got the replacement kit for the red one that blew up,,,,,, but i'll make a fresh post, it's a whole different deal......

Ha! Ha! Ha! Gee kloner you bust me up... you are really funny. Ok what don't you like with the nex-5a? Too big? too heavy?

kloner

Aerial DP
the processor sucks....... the difference between a 5a and 5n is to like and not like it. that pancake lens too, what a pos. needs ios or it's not the same thing

5a, pancake

5a, pancake

5n with kit lens using IOS.... that's all raw off the cam

it rids the rough edges like a post stab would, but at the front end and the processor is faster, better color, when yawing does a better job of not going into panic mode and caching so much...... the 5a doesn't have 1080p 60 i don't think,,,, the n does

kloner

Aerial DP
the good, the bad, and the dumass

went to the field, powered up the zxr and it didn't have enough prop, so all was left was the experiment if this camera will a) fly,,,, b) work for a second flight. The problem was kloner didn't notice the chipped prop till after the flight, so this is a zxl with a 12" on one side, 11.75" prop on the other ear flying the zxl...... when i downloaded the video and saw jello was so confused......... So yea, it's a little hard to watch, but a couple minutes in the thing gets flying around, can see how it handles the load, etc. just changed the prop from 12x5 to a 9.5x6. Should have more top end, less vertical.

still fun as hell to fly, that was 10-15 mph winds coming from the north, oceans to the west...

kloner

Aerial DP
Today was the day it happened, i'll be damned, now that's dope

I left it alone post wise, it had a polarized filter on the lens. Also flew a zii with the black for the first time today, holly crap

Tomstoy2

Ho-hum, just don't know how you stand it? Hanging out on the edge of the world all day, staring at the breakers roll in, warm sun and beach bunny's. Must be boring as hell?

Was that the Nex? Looked really good!

We've had the screwiest weather I have ever seen! Cold, no snow to speak of, then long stretches of hot 64+ weather. We're just going to burn down to the ground this summer.
Need a guaranteed high return investment for the future? Water, my friend. The next gold! We don't have it, you can't get it.

hjls3

Very very sweet Kloner. Better than the Black?? You seem to have that bad boy very dialed. Congrats. man that thing comes in hot, that has to make you a bit nervous.
Today was the day it happened, i'll be damned, now that's dope

I left it alone post wise, it had a polarized filter on the lens. Also flew a zii with the black for the first time today, holly crap

kloner

Aerial DP
It seems like slo motion now

heres blacky on a zii

sony softens the bumps