ritewing ZXL

kloner

Aerial DP
figured it fit my mood...... love them guys. My friend owned a glass blowing bizz and sponsored them back 10-15 years ago, how i know about em. you won't hear them guys on the top 40

Kloner2.jpg

Zeph11.jpg

Kloner11.jpg

Hi Kloner and best wishes for the new year (since I missed Christmas...)

Back to the real stuff now, nice smooth flying there (bank rate and angle). I was wondering if you use any telemetry in you Foxtech 7'' or just the video feed? Also, much like yourself, I use my Foxteck on a tripod with my beek right at the monitor, need some practice with altitude control though, any hints?

Also, are you going to use the flying to do runs over the river by your house like you used to do with the quad?

Nice going Kloner, and just like inspector Colombo, one last question; was wondering what is the biggest difference you have notice between quad flying and this type of flying besides range and flight time?

Rodge

kloner

Aerial DP
range and flight times and speed are all an advantage, but hovering, slow flying, landing on a boat are alot easier on a quad. The ability to yaw while flying slow would be another. I love both, got both, these are just dialed in alot easier/faster. the hex and xy8 are ready and bringing a flick to you soon. Been stocking up on props, batteries to actualy take em somewhere to fly. Had to buy all new stuff, alot different than a discovery. Nothing i have flies lighter than 3200 gram anymore, my heaviest being the nex5 wing and xy8 at 3700-3800 grams with nothing more than 8000mah, most more like 5000mah

everything i have fpv now except the ruby cause it'll have it's own osd in another month from uthere,,,,,, and my hex is waiting to get an eagle tree like everything else. I like knowing where i am and how fast was doing

xy8

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

i.php

make ya a smokin deal on the carbon fiber zii. Gonna put it up on the classifieds soon. all eagle tree everything,,, ice 75, scorp motor, huge servos, 93 mph. if you get around me, your welcome to try em all and see if it's for you. there all sealed up so there pretty much bind and fly ezuhf is the only way.

kloner

Aerial DP
haven't flown it yet. the battery box is loaded with 18 oz of lead........ Hoping to get my finished config file for ruby tonight, then fly it tomorrow in aided mode, that works out, i'll trim out the lead and bolt in a 5a for a few flights, then i'll drop in a 5n for some footage. Guess the other day when i flew it i wasn't suppose to. Seemed kinda touchy, and turning on self leveling didn't feel very self leveling. Bet at this point i can fly a rock if it'll go fast enough to fly

kloner

Aerial DP
blew up the red zxl today. it was jamming along the tracks when all of a sudden it went into a violent oscilation, next thing i know the screen went black,,,,, game over. i looked up and seen 2 battery packs ejecting and an underweight tail heavy zxl rolling over and heading to terra firma. The impact with the ground was nothing, but the oscilation that pitched the packs snapped the airframes spine

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Bummer man! Was that due to the ruby only? Good thing you didn't have the nex on. Let me know if you need some parts made to fix her up stronger.

kloner

Aerial DP
there is two complete zxl's and one airframe only in this post. This was the big red one, had cc3d in it.

Post mortum i noticed a elevon that was 2 servo that i made into single servo with CF rod and epoxy into grooves and came apart. one side,,,, best i can tell that broke loose in flight and threw it into a massive osscilation that opened up the battery tray and let the batteries go, which in turn shut it off. It was already destroyed at that point. the way it went in it slid down the hill the track sits on so it never really hit ground, it slid for home......

Got another airframe on the way today

Danub

DUDE!! That Sux. . . . At least she slid for home I hope all of the gear checks out for the rebuild.
I can see the telltale vertical shake my TL50 did before it snapped at 110mph. . . How I solved it for my V2 was a "boxed" spar system.

kloner

Aerial DP
that shake was a elevon dragging in the wind, uncontrolled

we decided to skip the ZXL for the hero ride and am taking this to the ZXR..... it's a 77" tripple spar carbon all over made for 120 plus. Shes getting a 40mm motor on 8s...... this thing should rip. It's Chris's latest recipe

The ZXL is an awesome bird, but it's size gives it limits, and i suck at that. the nex5 will still fly it, but for a hero3, it needs a fast ride