Firmware bug in GPS Compass, notice from DJI

Rudder73

You must go here http://www.dji-innovations.com/compass/submit_rma/ fill in the form and they will send you an email with a code number you must use to identify your envelope or package, you will receive detailed directions on how and where to send your compass module.
I hope this helps.

Regards!

Mine just came in yesterday, it's the defective GPS. I bought mine from UAVproducts.com but can't seem to find their address to ship it back. They also haven't responded to my emails.. Anyone know where to send it for north america?

I guess that is the nature of the high tech Hobby business especially with bleeding edge technology!!!
Must have lots of patience and faith that they will achieve the required Quality Control levels to legitimately enter the Industrial and Commercial markets.
Ordered by WKM-GPS in early September and still waiting with anticipation :apathy:

rwilabee

Has anyone heard how long it will take DJI to get up to date units to their dealers. I'm talking about a whole new WKM not just the GPS unit.

Here is a direct quote from EmpireRC in Arizona"...
"We will be sending the replacement GPS units as soon as we receive them from DJI. Should be about 2-3 weeks. Sorry for any inconvenience."

I've decided to take step back, canceled two orders for the WKM and switched to purchasing an in stock Naza for my F550 until the dust settles or longer.........
If Moore's law applies to this specialty area, prices will eventually drop or additional features will be added to maintain the current pricing..... I am learning to be very patient!

In the industrial automation world, the rule of thumb is.... "avoid bleeding edge technology if you want to make money with electronics, computers etc." Let others fight with the new releases and hang back for a while.....

In the end though, I truly believe DJI's WooKong M GPS etc. will become the defacto world wide leader in this technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitech

we allready swapped our units , and all wkm we sell at this moment have the new firmware loaded in the gps modules.

nytram

Got mine today my nice dealer did a swap over in the post I sent mine yesterday and he sent the replacement came today.

02deuce

Time Warped
Got mine today my nice dealer did a swap over in the post I sent mine yesterday and he sent the replacement came today.
Now that's a GREAT dealer. My dealer acts as if this recall is just a huge inconvienance to him. Its been over 3 weeks since I've sent mine in and no one (dealer or DJI) can shed some light
when I may get it back. Very fustrating.

interesting.. I sent mine new version in "with no black sides", and just got old version as replacement GPS "not upgraded". Is that right?

Kou

Not sure, unless the difference between V1 and V2 is only software. But if hardware changes have been made between versions, you've been ripped off.

Well almost a month later still no gps back from dji :/ got an email saying they recieved it, but still no shipping confirmation. Very dissapointing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using my fingers

VINHEX

I saw on DJI Facebook site someone complained they sent a brand new unit not even fitted and got a recon unit returned.. Not sure if one off but he wasn't happy..

Yeah I bet. Mine is on the way back to me now after three weeks. Hopefully not the same issue. Multiwiicopter.com has handled mine and they have done a really good job.

shsober

My unit came through my local dealer through Empire. I sent it back the 2nd day after the recall was announced and it hasn't come back yet.

02deuce

Time Warped
It was 5 and a half weeks before I received mine back and it wasn't the one that I sent in. I marked mine before I sent it off. Not a happy camper with DJI at the moment or my dealer for that matter, both get a F- on how this was handled.

It was 5 and a half weeks before I received mine back and it wasn't the one that I sent in. I marked mine before I sent it off. Not a happy camper with DJI at the moment or my dealer for that matter, both get a F- on how this was handled.

Why was your dealer? Mine hasn't helped much either. This is very frustrating... Still no GPS and my emails to DJI have not been replied to. Very ****ty

snurre

When DJI first announced their finding of this GPS firmware bug, they also pointed out that in the process of pinpointing the problem they had actually found improvements to be made in the IMU firmware, which could be considered as good news (that IMU performance has potential for improvement). Less white lights etc...

So - anybody knows anything about that IMU performance thing?
Will IMU units have to be firmware upgraded at service centers? Or can it be performed internally by just loading a new WKM firmware? Will it happen at all?
Any - info... on this?
/ Thanks

Aviator

When DJI first announced their finding of this GPS firmware bug, they also pointed out that in the process of pinpointing the problem they had actually found improvements to be made in the IMU firmware, which could be considered as good news (that IMU performance has potential for improvement). Less white lights etc...

So - anybody knows anything about that IMU performance thing?
Will IMU units have to be firmware upgraded at service centers? Or can it be performed internally by just loading a new WKM firmware? Will it happen at all?
Any - info... on this?
/ Thanks

Hi Tomas, hope you are well.. I believe the improvements they were talking about were with current firmware i.e 5.14 and the result of the 72 hour testing they done, a better firmware was produced using the observations from that test.. 5.16 was released and appears to be the best update yet