Hoverfly PRO/GPS Firmware Update v4.8 Beta

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm gonna have to find that little buzzer and fill it with glue............:dog:

Were flying an epic for the first time with it next week, sure hope it behaves and shuts up

Sun comes back tomorrow and 70's.... now were talkin

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

I'm going to load the new firmware tomorrow and hopefully do a bunch of flying and testing. I look forward to trying out the GPS features! Hopefully it goes well as I have an opportunity to do some filming next week, we'll see how that goes :)

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I just tested 4.8 and it seemed to work well for me. Altitude hold seemed to work - will need to do more testing. I don't have the GPS board so couldn't test those functions.

Keep the beeping. Most times I land the Octo and do an automatic disarm (left/right) without a thought, wipe my brow for having flown a camera successfully that cost more than most cars, then proceed to be distracted by something that is client related, then only to realize its time to load new media into the Epic. Hmmm... can I trust myself that I disarmed the bird?! Lets give the throttle a little bump. 99% of the time its not armed. 99.9% of the time I test the throttle before I mess with the bird. It only takes 1 time to bump the throttle and have it wind up and scare the !#$@% out of you, hopefully without any dire consequences, that the Beeping is good! Keep the beeping. Thanks Hoverfly for making a great reliable product even better.

Stacky

I like the beep, doesnt take long ot get used to it.

The new firmware is flying beautifully. This is all in manual mode, I havent been able to get footage as smooth as this out of my direct linkage little Jakub gopro gimbal before. This has a little stabilization added via FCP X but far less than I have had to use in the past. Gopro1 under my waterproof Hexa that will be pulled apart this week and rebuilt with a few improvements. I will hopefully upgrade the firmware on my big Hexa later this week, had a couple of stills jobs today so didnt want to change firmware for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwfcorTMFNA

kloner

Aerial DP
man, what a stressful day that was. There is something between castle products and the hfp that does the weirdest stuff. i'm surprised i'm the only one, must be something else wrong with the heli and i'd believe it, except it's flying crazy smooth. my ice esc's have to be powered up with the flight pack to program them. when you unplug one esc and stick it to the castle link programmer and change settings, hit save, when you plug it in the hoverfly pro setup is erased and if you jjust plug in the esc and act like a normal hfp i've been around, when you goto throttle up you get this quarter throttle condition, it barely idles. the screens look like this during that time. All i did was open the info screen, reset the info and bang, it's back. It has ice esc's and a ccbec on the power plug.....

never got to the AH yet. AL wants to pitch forward pretty good, i tried changing the tightness of the board to change the angle it sits, usually flatten em right out like that but this one has no response. I'll take a closer look at the mount to see if something is hanging it up from sitting flat. it's in a mad labs case

Scared of this combo........

that info screen was set to +8, 10% and mag hold wasn't checked, but the two calibration checks were..... the voltage had read right, then not so much.

Attachments

• hfp1.JPG
    hfp1.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 234
  • hfp2.JPG
    hfp2.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 220

kloner

Aerial DP
thats what i'm saying, it did...... then it wouldn't fly a second flight, went to see what was up and those were the screen shots. i entered the info again and it flew again, best it ever has

Efliernz

Pete
30 minutes on my HFP quad at the model field today. Very hot with big thermals. Gain is now set nicely. AH worked ok. I was a bit quick on hitting it first time and it slowly descended 15' so I tried to hold altitude for 2-3 sends first. Better results.
AL - lovely to fly. Really nice and it made me look good! Gasps of "it's so smooth" from the rest of the membership ;)

Time to flash the DW Hexa... I don't need it for a week or two so I have setup and testing time :)

Pete

elossam

Tried the new firm in a new platfom today. Must say every time y fly a HFP it gives me a pleasure feeling no other gives. Tried the AH and even when int seems to work it allways do a bunglee effect about 3-4 ft up and down. As far as I understand the new firm requires no gain adjust so no matter what value shows the main setup page in the AH channel. Is that riht? and what if the value seems to be too low or to high? shoul we live with that wrong value or is there a way to fini tune it?

PaNt

Tried the new firm in a new platfom today. Must say every time y fly a HFP it gives me a pleasure feeling no other gives. Tried the AH and even when int seems to work it allways do a bunglee effect about 3-4 ft up and down. As far as I understand the new firm requires no gain adjust so no matter what value shos the main setup page in the AH channel. Is that riht? and what if the value seems to be too low or to high? shoul we live with that wrong value or is there a way to fini tune it?

Ben told me that you dont have to do with AH gain.. you leave it stock 100% ...!

elossam

Im running 33 as AH value in the setup pag ast is the value I have set in other flights. The question is if the value matter or not or.