Hoverfly PRO/GPS Firmware Update v4.8 Beta

hoverben

Person of Interest
Version 4.8 is now available in the Hoverfly Firmware Update Client.

This is a fairly extensive update and may require recalibration for optimal performance. Please read the release notes for the full details.

Now when you call it a "Beta," does that mean, "Don't try this on your expensive rig just yet." Or something else? (I'll likely try it on the expensive rig anyway, but put a bunch of flights on it before using it to film.)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You guys get credit for listening to your customers and responding! wow. Is AH always active now, or is it still switched?

Would it be possible(maybe you already have one) to make a quick video showing how to realistically calibrate the compass with a gimbal attached. Anyone who has tried swinging a large octo precisely knows how hard it is, if not impossible. I know 2 people can help but still. I just wonder how accurately it needs to be confined to the axis.

Thanks Hoverfly.

Yuri

kloner

Aerial DP
by stating to put the radio back to defaults means 100 and -100 like on or off as it does before just not a tuned gain. it didn't say remove the wire or set the endpoints to 0.

that said, gotta imagine it's still on or off with the switch

Photronix

Pilot
AH is still activated by the switch as before. I just didn't want everyone to start trying to tune the AH gain because its been eliminated.

Photronix

Pilot
Beta means use care and test each feature until you understand how it reacts. A comment was made on the last 4.6 release that it should have been beta. We will move it to a release after people provide feedback. Having said that we have flown this code for weeks on several of our systems Venu, Scripta, and Erista and feel very confident in it.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm a FFF fpv kinda guy, notice it says in future your gonna
Throttle adjustment while in Altitude Hold to maintain altitude during higher speed maneuvering.

does that mean if i try to fly it fff w/ ah on and increase the throttle that i might tweak out the algorythm as it's written now?

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
The Baro is sensitive to light so I would say yes, you still want foam and shielded from light. Al?

Stacky

I have been one of those who have had good AH performance with older firmware and Im sure its partly because my barometric sensor is protected from sunlight.

I just installed, calibrated and flew the first pack. A bit windy, but it felt very similar to old firmware. I am having an issue with the GPS getting stuck on blinking purple. I could not arm the HFP and had to unplug about 15 times before GPS board would arm. I am wondering if I have a bad connection.

AL trimmed fine. AH held without the drop first try with some bounce, so I will need to tune it more. I did not get a GPS fix so need to try GPS another day, which is where I hope to see the most improvement. I am looking forward to hearing others experience.

Photronix

Pilot
Sounds like you have a bad connection to your GPS antenna or the module itself is bad.

Remember there is currently no tuning on AH.

I just installed, calibrated and flew the first pack. A bit windy, but it felt very similar to old firmware. I am having an issue with the GPS getting stuck on blinking purple. I could not arm the HFP and had to unplug about 15 times before GPS board would arm. I am wondering if I have a bad connection.

AL trimmed fine. AH held without the drop first try with some bounce, so I will need to tune it more. I did not get a GPS fix so need to try GPS another day, which is where I hope to see the most improvement. I am looking forward to hearing others experience.

Photronix

Pilot
If you have AH on and fly then you will notice some altitude loss. When you stop it will re-gain your target altitude. If you adjust the throttle up while in AH then you will ascend while moving.. I'll have to try it and see how this works. It won't become unstable but it may rise more than you would anticipate.

I'm a FFF fpv kinda guy, notice it says in future your gonna

does that mean if i try to fly it fff w/ ah on and increase the throttle that i might tweak out the algorythm as it's written now?

Maybe it is because I am not used to it, but the beeping while under 7% is a bit over the top. I would like to request to have the safety beeping removed.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Hoverfly, might I suggest an external led. This would enable a full cover over the fc and would clearly show flight modes during flight. It would also allow an option for led or audio alarm.