Hoverfly PRO/GPS Firmware Update v4.8 Beta

I hope it is not the Module, I have already replaced it once and I have only flown this one a few times for testing.
I have the D2523T module. I do have a spare ublox wire, but just want to confirm that I need to modify it so the pins are not lined up.

Sounds like you have a bad connection to your GPS antenna or the module itself is bad.

Remember there is currently no tuning on AH.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
good morning gents. for the sake of this discussion I'm going to close the other thread about the beta (the beta beta) version being tested. i'll direct everyone over to this thread.

windy/snowy all day here. :(

bart

workshop

From the release notes:

"Move to a location a safe distance away (maybe 30 feet) land and dis-arm. Re-arm the craft and activate Position Hold. You may also want to activate Altitude Hold at the same time. Observe the position of the craft."

Um... The craft is on the ground since the instruction to land. At what point do we take off again to observe the craft in the air?

Thanks.

Jeff

Photo Elevate

Gravity always wins!!!
Many of us have reverted back to an older version of set up client and previous firmware version.

With the new release which set up client do we use?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
when you download the two files you can save them with whatever name you'd like. When you install them they have their own names listed in a folder in the start menu. I only realized just recently that the actual icons for running the software are in the Windows start menu.

Photronix

Pilot
Yes ....re-arm the craft, launch, then activate Position Hold....

Good catch...I'll correct the release notes.

From the release notes:

"Move to a location a safe distance away (maybe 30 feet) land and dis-arm. Re-arm the craft and activate Position Hold. You may also want to activate Altitude Hold at the same time. Observe the position of the craft."

Um... The craft is on the ground since the instruction to land. At what point do we take off again to observe the craft in the air?

Thanks.

Jeff

Efliernz

Pete
I'm flying without a gps board so in theory I don't have much to gain here... except 4.6.r2 cost me two machines + an RX100 camera after flipping... which I can't afford to replace...

So my first impression of 4.8 on my 3Kg quad:
No additional recal required.
I set the gain to 25% each way (in the Futaba "gear" ATV)... Really really nice. Stable in the wind. AL needed a touch of trim. Once set, I was happily flicking from AL to manual - something I was afraid to do with 4.6.r2. Increase the gain to 30% and it feels locked in. It may take more in further testing.

Too many kids on the park for FF or AH checking but I hope it continues to go this well.

To Al and the Team. Well done. Awesome job - and a comprehensive set of release notes with cautions. I felt better prepared for the test flight.

Pete

So I went ahead and loaded the new firmware on our Cinestar. Flies great! Altitude hold works well even on this windy day here in Georgia - much better than previous firmware.

Time to install that GPS board that has been waiting on the shelf.

Stacky

Hi Al, I have only installed the new firmware in 1 multi so far. I do notice that the battery is now wildly off and the calibration doesnt help. Apart from that everything on the HFP seems great, really like the AH now.

Could you check that your OSD battery setup works at your end. Cheers Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

PaNt

So I went ahead and loaded the new firmware on our Cinestar. Flies great! Altitude hold works well even on this windy day here in Georgia - much better than previous firmware.

Time to install that GPS board that has been waiting on the shelf.
Ben what gain do you have on TX

Rasec

I tested today and my words are: wooowww! It's amazing how everything now works as promised. Altitude hold fantastic, position hold is so good that it seems to be stuck on a pole. The return to home is very good, and returns with an optimal speed.
The team hoverfly is very responsible. Always attentive to improve what was already good and always taking my doubts when possible.

kloner

Aerial DP
the beeping is a bit much. Can't we get one beep every 10 seconds or more? This is like an alarm clock.

Out of all the days to have thunderstorms in So Cal it's gotta be today

workshop

Yeah... The weather gets bad just as the firmware is out... Not fair! I'm in Torrance... What about you kloner?

:)

kloner

Aerial DP
San Diego,,, sucks

got one beepy cinestar 8 ready to check it out

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
Yes, Beepy is an understatement. LOL

But you don't forget that it is armed!!!

I took my 3Kg quad out (no gps) for a hard test last night. 10mph winds. I'm still fine-tuning the gain but it rocked. AH was perfect - and I didn't need to be level or stationary to use it. Excellent ascend/descend speeds with the throttle stick. I gave it the full "follow the bmx track" style flying routine. Hard cornering in in AL (pitch & roll D/R set to 120%) as well as manual mode.

I just love it when the weather is perfect and new firmware comes out!!!

Pete

PaNt

But you don't forget that it is armed!!!

I took my 3Kg quad out (no gps) for a hard test last night. 10mph winds. I'm still fine-tuning the gain but it rocked. AH was perfect - and I didn't need to be level or stationary to use it. Excellent ascend/descend speeds with the throttle stick. I gave it the full "follow the bmx track" style flying routine. Hard cornering in in AL (pitch & roll D/R set to 120%) as well as manual mode.

I just love it when the weather is perfect and new firmware comes out!!!

Pete

hmm you make me happy :) :)

What about the gains..! you have to change them a lot to the 4.3860 version??

Photronix

Pilot
the beeping is a bit much. Can't we get one beep every 10 seconds or more? This is like an alarm clock.

I agree the beeping drives me crazy too. That's why I PUT IT IN THERE!!!. We have a rule at Hoverfly...no one approaches the craft when its beeping. A simple flick of the rudder stick is all you need to restore peace and quite.