One of you tried these yet ! Sony CX 730

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Guys can one of you enlighten me. Which cams are out now that work on the same principle as the CX 730 and its stabilization ? Anything from panasonic ? Is there something announced that there will be DSLR lenses that do the same etc. ?

Thanks

Boris

ghaynes

Boris

Only the Sony's have the BOSS stabilization. Others have their own proprietary stab solutions. While many dslr lens have some type of VR I don't know of any that electronic zooms.

macc

Any CX7xx owners out there know anything about cleaning the sensor on these video cams, mines has a few spots visible when zoomed fully wide. Its brand new too..

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Any CX7xx owners out there know anything about cleaning the sensor on these video cams, mines has a few spots visible when zoomed fully wide. Its brand new too..

Id send it back then.. Guess cleaning that mother is going to be a mother of a job..

ZAxis

At the wide end of the zoom range the depth of field will bring dust on the lens almost into focus so check the lens is spotless. Also check any filter you may have fitted.

andy

macc

Thanks guys, Andy, examined the lens & i had a tiny spot of dirt on it, still pretty hard to clean with the bl**dy thing moving around like jelly on a plate..lol, stoaked i dont have to send it back though... phew!! Having so much fun with this cam..

nicwilke

Im selling my PJ710v, its the equivalent to the CX730 I think, but has the projector on the screen. Its 32gb, Balanced Optical Steady Shot and PAL version. I love it, its only had about 30 mins run time, but simply too heavy for the XM6 to fly longer than 4 mins. Its sad, but Its surplus to my needs rite now. Basically, its brand new, back in its box. Moving to a lighter camera, 610g is over my limit. PM me for details.

Michael64

Nic
Something seems wrong with a 4 minute flight time with that camera it only weighs 22 oz. I flew the CX760 on my vulcan hexa it weighed 12.6 lbs and had 8 minute flight times. That camera weighs a little less than my GH2 which weighs 23 ozs with lens. What motors and props are you using and also what batteries something dont add up.

Michael64

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Yeah, I'm on MT2814-10 (770kv). 2x 4s 5000mah (35c) AUW is smidge under 5kg.

Props tested: Gemfan wood 13x4.5, Gemfan wood 12x4, Xoar wood 12x5, Graupner 1150 (wringing its neck in throttle). Have APC 12x3.8 on the way to test, but I think its not going to help much.

My issue is after a few minutes, the XM6 decides to auto land due to low voltage. Post flight tests show cells at 4.2 or higher. I have a power management unit, and measuring (on 12x5 inch props) about 50A on a hover and a max current of 25A per motor. Not too bad, but the voltage alert is set to 3.55v per cell. I get 30 seconds in, and the alert LED code for low voltage goes nuts. IF I stay up for 3 to 4 mins, down it comes (land not crash). eCalc is telling me its all legit.
I'm thinking 30A speed controllers is under rated for what I need? Im not sure. Would 40A keep cooler, as perhaps the plush's are slowing down to a point its landing.

I dont mind having the XM-6 rig for a Hero3 Black on it for its use, but cant risk the thing landing when it wants.

Michael64

Nic
Iam currently running Graupner 11x5 on mine its pulling about 56 amp flying around. It uses about 1000 miliamps per minute and when I land at about 7.5 minutes the telementry is showing around 7300 used out of 10,600. I am using GensAce 5300 4S 60-120C batteries. Using 12x6 apc thin electric it was pulling about 60 amps but flight time stay real close to the same. On apc 13x6.5 it drew about 65 amps shortened the flight to about 7 minutes. Iam using AXI 2814-22 motors.

Michael64

Michael64

Also I am using 60amp Maytech Optos Esc's which is way overkill for this setup, should have used 40 amp optos with Simonk firmware.

Michael64

nicwilke

Also I am using 60amp Maytech Optos Esc's which is way overkill for this setup, should have used 40 amp optos with Simonk firmware.

Michael64

The Tmotor 2814-10's is spec'd about the same as the AXi's, so I think I'll pull it to bits and up the Amps to 40A on the speedies. I'm not knowledgeable on these firmware hacked speedcontrollers and why they do it etc, so I'll order some 40's as perhaps they are slowing down as failsafe heat overloading....

nicwilke

I'll throw the 11x5 grau grau's on tonight and take a squizz. Dont really know what else to do other than up the amps on the speedies

Michael64

The motors you are running are real weak on power not close to AXI or Avroto on power, if I was you I would change motors not speed controls. I have flown them and they are not very powerful at all. AXI are real strong and a little stronger than the Avrotos for sure.

Michael64

nicwilke

The motors you are running are real weak on power not close to AXI or Avroto on power, if I was you I would change motors not speed controls. I have flown them and they are not very powerful at all. AXI are real strong and a little stronger than the Avrotos for sure.

Michael64
The MT2814-11's are Avroto's I'm told, they are the same wiring etc. Do avrotos have better magnets or something? I had a mix of avroto and 2814-11 on the ADX coax I was running and had no problem