Photohigher skyline rsgs

Blacksails

I had the same problem.

Try installing 1.1.6 firmware using the 1.1.3 software. That fixed it for me. Adjust the center tunes until the servos stop spinning and save it quickly before they begin spinning again ( I presume these are the 'values', it was roll that was messed up on mine).

Then open it back up in 1.1.6 and you should be ok again.

pixvertex

Thanks for your input. Tried it like you suggested. Doesn't work sadly.
Firware 1.6 get's istalled with spftware 1.3. When i try to connect to the skyline the app crashes again.

Any other idea ?

Hello Micha,
install back the 1.13, set manually the servo centers at the value "500", save (that is important) and the reinstall 1.16 or 1.17
It will stop reading wrong values for "value" and the sw will start correctly.
Check it in the error dialog box: the value that makes the sw crash is one of the 1.17 autotune servo center values. Set them back manually (you can change it only in 1.13) to a value that previous fw's don't see as an error and you're done. :tennis:
You are right, actually the reason 1.17 writes "wrong" numbers is that 1.17 has a much wider scale for servo centers (reaches 60.000) and when it writes them and you reinstall previous fw's they recognize these big values as errors.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixvertex

Whatever I do the skyline software crashes before I can alter any value.
even in 1.3.
In detail. I start up the skyline software. Press the connect button and crash.
I can't change any value before.

Or did I missed something. I tried to make serial connection with putty. This also did not
Not work. No data was displayed.

Did you follow the update procedure?
launch sw
connect
charge fw
run update
only then switch on skyline
?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomb

Hi,

i use version 1.7. Today after some auto tune it seams to me like the skyline has written wrong values into his settings.
The skyline software crashes when i select the com port and starts to read/parse the config stored on the skyline.
See below. I also tried to install firmwares 1.3, 1.6 and 1.7 again hoping to get back the default values. But no luck. The firmware gets installed but again after reading the values from the skyline the software crashes. I can't reset to default since the skyline software crashes before.

Do somebody known if it is possible to connect to skyline direct with a terminal to reset the values by hand. Or has any idea how to do this ? And what values are the default ones ?

best
micha

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '65175' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at WindowsApplication1.frmMain.readAllSettings()
at WindowsApplication1.frmMain.Connect(String port)
at WindowsApplication1.frmMain.cmdUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This is the same error i got after the auto tune, but its still a beta so could be expected some errors. I got mine working with 1.1.7 thats something positive.

Meti

Hi,
i've got the FW 1.1.6 on my Skyline. I'ts not working very well. It starts to oscillate extremely in the tilt-axis if i set the tilt-gain as high as i need.
Where you've got the FW 1.1.7 you talk about ?

Greetings from Switzerland
Marcel

nicwilke

Hi,
i've got the FW 1.1.6 on my Skyline. I'ts not working very well. It starts to oscillate extremely in the tilt-axis if i set the tilt-gain as high as i need.
Where you've got the FW 1.1.7 you talk about ?

Greetings from Switzerland
Marcel
Hello Marcel,
Can you please post a screen capture of the settings panel for gains.
Nic.

Kari

Is Photohigher back down on developing or should we still be waiting working fw to skyline. I think Photohigher really should refund all skyline units until they can offer proper firmware. Really don't care about pan axis until this can be used for any serious use for 2 axis first. Please i really like to hear from PH where are we at the moment and what next moves to expect in next days/weeks? I think people here have been very patient already.

Hi,

as said, Photohigher have passed an agreement with a local electronic company to help them solving power source issue on the skyline.

Brendon is working on a new version of the software that will include the firmware inside. He replaced the fine tuning of PID control (request from users).

flytahiti

i have ordered one, it's so cheap . maybe PH will solve the problem and then i get it for 15$ !!!!!!!!
but i don't know if i will really receive it !!!!!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Man, the Chinese stop at nothing! And if they really are being sold at that price someone's business is about to be permanently scared with negative reviews.

flytahiti

i agree. but at this price you can order two or three . i have read that it works really fine with one on each axis like the new radian stab. the problem come when you connect tilt and roll at the same time .