One of you tried these yet ! Sony CX 730

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Was just reading a thread in the MK Forum, of a guy doing some shots with the Sony CX 730,

this gyro stabilized lens setup seems to work quite good.

View attachment 3959

Results from the Pilot/

Boris

Attachments

• cam2324.jpg
    cam2324.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:

tppeng

I purchased the PJ710v, amazing camera, put it on my dash board and drove through some rough roads of great 'ol toronto, no even a sudden jump recognized...

it really compensates for all the tilt and pan jitter you may have from copter, but roll is not compensated (com'on, it's good enough already :))

tppeng

HDR-PJ has built-in projector though in US it is the only series offered 16Gb of memory at a 1.2k price range.

HDR-CX760v is afaik the only CX model that has BOSS(what a name!) built in and will cost 1.5k

Price saved is a photohigher RSGS right there :) so I couldn't resist. projector is really cool too

Mactadpole

This is pretty darn impressive! I am not well-versed in all the video lingo but it appears to do true 1080p 60fps. Correct? I am curious if Holger's camera control will also allow you to do stills. Gonna keep an eye on this one.

tppeng

Behind everything the brain matters...
I am just asking for movie quality deference

GH2 hacked has higher data rate, lower frame rate, and no stabilization unit that can compare to BOSS.

to my understanding, higher data rate means sharper image as per frame you will have more detailed color. Higher frame rate gives you smoother video and you can slow down a 60fps video better than you can do with a 30fps (with twixtor, I meant)

stabilization unit is more controversial: if you have a perfectly stabilized camera mount and you got rid off all your unwanted vibrations, then essentially you don't need a stabilization unit; however, for most of my multirotor platforms I find it rather hard to do so because any cross wind would cause a sudden rise in multicopters altitude as they can only utilize positive pitch and have slower reaction than collective pitch helicopters

Hence, I would hate to say, but I think the Sony will stay more or less permanent on my hexacopter. My GH1 and 5DIII goes to my helicopter platform.

ghaynes

I'm interested in the CX760 but also do a lot of still images. If someone has the Sony and would be willing to send a couple of raw still images (if that is possible, not jpg's) PM me and I will give you an email address. Want to see how they compare to the NEX-7 sill images. Thanks

Gary