Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

Jem

Cheers.
Thought that was probably the case.
It's fine though because if I ever use RTH I normally switch it off and land manual.

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Awesome build.
Do you have any pics of the retracts up. Just wondering how they clear the props. Also do the retracts come down on RTH or with transmitter failure.
Cheers,
jem

They come down with the Failsafe - as programmed... Not RTH as Lanzar says

Retracts feet are short enough on the x4 to miss the props (with 15" ones anyhow)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
They come down with the Failsafe - as programmed... Not RTH as Lanzar says

Retracts feet are short enough on the x4 to miss the props (with 15" ones anyhow)

Beja, once you have the DS 16, just program in a function and you can have the retraces coming down at any trigger. Meaning using the RTH feature flicking the switch for that and having the switch triggered for the retraces being up causes the function to let them go down !

Boris

baja-king

Great, thanks Boris.

I emailed Paul at Electric Wingman this morning, the DS-16 should be in stock for dispatch by Friday

I may well be asking for some help with the radio when I get it...

Was your DC-16 easy to program?

Last edited by a moderator:

Once you go Jeti... Baja you won't regret your purchase. You can even program a couple of seconds servo delay to make the retracts close with more finesse. Works great on the Zenmuse too.

baja-king

Once you go Jeti... Baja you won't regret your purchase. You can even program a couple of seconds servo delay to make the retracts close with more finesse. Works great on the Zenmuse too.

Thanks Redridinghood :)

DS-16 Came into stock today - should have it for the weekend...

baja-king

Hi could you tell me about your traco power boxes?

Sure Ryan

I wanted a 12 volt supply for the LED's and the Video TX (and any other 12v requirements)
I have used the Traco DC/DC converters before on other projects and they have been great.

On my build one Box 1 has the Traco Converter in with a 24v (6s) input from the Herkules III, a 24v loop output for the Zenmuse, and a 12v output to Box 2 which has 12v input, 4 switched outputs for the LED's via a receiver switch, 12v output for my video TX via the 4 pin lemo (+12/Gound/Video+/Video Ground) and a video input from the IOSD

DC/DC Converter:
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=4173582
Box:
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=3536427
Receiver Control Switch:
http://www.electriflite.co.uk/store17/index.php/lights-and-switches/tr-rcs.html

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1412.jpg
    IMG_1412.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 339

jimska

Question for you on these props...I currently use Xoar 15x5 on my SJ8H what difference would these make to my set up? Is it worth changing?

baja-king

DS-16 Arrived today :)

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1636.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 381

baja-king

So have set up the DS-16 with the WK-M....

Need a bit of help setting up the Telemetry Board with the DS-16.

I have flashed the Herkules III with the PPMT variant firmware as per Andreas instructions and flashed the Telemetry Board with the Jeti firmware...

I want to know how to get the displays up on the DS-16 screen for mAh used - temp etc... any thoughts?

Thanks in advance:)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
So have set up the DS-16 with the WK-M....

Need a bit of help setting up the Telemetry Board with the DS-16.

I have flashed the Herkules III with the PPMT variant firmware as per Andreas instructions and flashed the Telemetry Board with the Jeti firmware...

I want to know how to get the displays up on the DS-16 screen for mAh used - temp etc... any thoughts?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi Beja,

first check in the menu of the DS16 if it has a connection to the tele board.
In the ds16 menu go to timers/sensors than sensors and logging setup. There you should find the ddifferent telemetry outputs of the board. Select which ones you want to have displayed.

if you don't find anything there there is no communication between the tele board and the DS16.

boris

baja-king

Thanks Boris, When I tried that earlier only the RX voltage appears...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Okay than communication wise tele board to RX to DS16 something is not working out ! I don't have the tele board yet so I am not familiar with it !

One more check you can do though. In the DS16 in the menu under advanced called jetibox, Click that and see if you can find any reference of the tele board if not than for sure the board is not running or communications is not established.

For sensors to show up though in the DS16 it can take some time though ! So try it a couple times !

SMP

Hi guys, sorry for the Hijack!! Boris your PMs are full ;)

Sorry to bother you mate but just cant seem to get a straight answer anywhere. When doing an advanced calibration - do you click "calib_acc" or "write" after each face change? Or neither? or both?

Thx!!!!!!!

Zig

(end hijack, pls resume your programming in progress)

VNBN

Curios about the gains other people use:
I'm flying my machine with pitch& roll 80, yaw, vertical, attitude remain 100 stock.
Gives good performance, but in windy conditions with gimbal attached the machine get's nervous. I went down to 60 pitch & roll, but this is not the final solution. I'm sure it can get better.

edit: KW10 and 16x5 Xoar

baja-king

I'm flying my machine with pitch& roll 80, yaw, vertical, attitude remain 100 stock.
Gives good performance, but in windy conditions with gimbal attached the machine get's nervous. I went down to 60 pitch & roll, but this is not the final solution. I'm sure it can get better.

I'm curious too, going to start a new thread: Share your gains...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

]
What weight where you flying? Them props are huge if you are just test flying machine.

Dave