Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

baja-king

Here for the ride :)

Attachments

• Props.jpg
    Props.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 269

Lanzar

@ Dejan.. Why not set up your own profile.. Lanzar get enough credit on here!

@ Razzil, would love to visit NFL, only ever flown over it at zillions of feet on way to Canada or Seattle! Bet you got loads to shoot there with out pesky busybodies! OBTW +10 on the comment.
@ Steve hope this gets sorted ASAP. Be good to catch up some time, I ride at Cwm Carn sometimes.

Dave

i need to fix this to Dejan - Lanzar so ppl will know. i have been on forum before i started to join matjaz and the whole kopterworx bussines. and that is how i ended up using lanzar or i will fix signature.

baja-king

Right so looking pretty good so far - she's ready to go for a maiden over the next few days. I have ordered the new bigger dome from DW as the old one is a bit to tight for comfort.

Programming the WK-m now - any suggestions on gain values to start with? - I read that lower figures on the larger birds would be a good place to start?

View attachment 11476

And yes my desk needs a tidy!

Attachments

• Progress.jpg
    Progress.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 543
Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I would certainly go with the smaller prop size for now, even smaller than 15" for the weight you have under that beast. You want the motors to spin. I would start at stock and have them on a dial, what radio are you using? I put mine on the rotary knob on the front of my DX18 and as its a X4 I would set both to change at the same time (pitch & Roll) Have the dial in the middle when you check tuning in the setup tool.

What weight is the Zen and GH2?

Good luck, 600 mile north of you its blowing a whoooly!

Dave

baja-king

Thanks Dave, need to weigh the Zen + GH2.

Started with Gains:

Attitude: 70
Yaw: 150
Altitude: 150
Gyro: 170

Well this morning was so beautiful that I couldn't resist... after testing on the turntable to make sure everything was ok, it was out into the garden...:):):)

baja-king

More pics...

Attachments

• IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 282

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice one.. how where the hands? Shaking?

I am sure it will be better with more weight on her.

Why do you want to put video TX on top?

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah video on top in my eyes is not optional. You have a lot of carbon between the tx and the RX on the ground. Cable to the top of the doom also not optimal. Better would be the TX on the landinggear ! With a small extra servo construction to extended it down once in flight !

Boris

baja-king

Yeah video on top in my eyes is not optional. You have a lot of carbon between the tx and the RX on the ground. Cable to the top of the doom also not optimal. Better would be the TX on the landinggear ! With a small extra servo construction to extended it down once in flight !

Boris

Maybe I'll rethink that one...

baja-king

My hands were not to bad Dave - glad it flies

Will spend the next few weeks down at the flying field getting it dialled in

Thanks for everybody's help in getting this far

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Rover in a smaller housing - 1.394 GHz

Just go sure that you wont have issue with the 2,4 ghz radio ! I cant explain it to you but in some FPV bibles they warn not to use frequencies of your vtx lower than your radio, something to do with harmonics !

Boris

Jem

Awesome build.
Do you have any pics of the retracts up. Just wondering how they clear the props. Also do the retracts come down on RTH or with transmitter failure.
Cheers,
jem

Lanzar

Depends on failsafe on transmiter and how you program it. On transmiter failure you can programm them. On RTH function on DJI they will not.