Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

Cheshirecat

Hi Steve
Would you mind if i posted a couple of your pictures of your flying rig on my FB Account, hopefully when finished my machine will be very close in spec and i would like to show a friend what i am planning to build (+soldering iron burns and dried blood) whilst waiting for delivery.
All Photo credits to the owner.

Peter

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Boris or Redriding...

I want the retracts to come down when I hit the 'Go Home' X3 switch what's the best way to do it on the Jeti DS-16

I have the Retracts on Rx channel 8 controlled by switch Sb
I have Go Home on on Rx channel 7 controlled by switch Sh

Thanks in advance

Steve

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boris or Redriding...

I want the retracts to come down when I hit the 'Go Home' X3 switch what's the best way to do it on the Jeti DS-16

I have the Retracts on Rx channel 8 controlled by switch Sb
I have Go Home on on Rx channel 7 controlled by switch Sh

Thanks in advance

Steve

Beja should work with free mixers ! Use your SH switch to trigger the mix and the mix should effect your channel 8 ! I am actually not using the coming home feature but triggering a fake coming home by setting the copter into failsafe ! Keeps one extra X channel on the WKM free for something else.
So I have a switch that ( also mixer) forces the flight mode into failsafe ! Flix the switch back up and its in the original flight mode. Problem though if i remember correctly if you were in gps mode before. You will have to deactivate failsafe by bring up the swtich if the copter returns into GPS you have to switch to attitude to it out of the failsafe routine !

Boris

BatCam

RPAS Pilot
Great build Baja! really impressive first video, congrats mate! Between yourself and BorisS you will make my build so much easier, can't wait to begin in a few weeks! Is that the DJI datalink you have attached above the dome? (It's only attached for part of the video)

BatCam

RPAS Pilot
Ah right, cheers! Were you still considering moving the video link to one of the retracts? I remember there was a discussion of all the CF and electronics possibly interfering with the signal by being placed above the dome? Which vTx/Rx combo did you go for?

baja-king

Ah right, cheers! Were you still considering moving the video link to one of the retracts? I remember there was a discussion of all the CF and electronics possibly interfering with the signal by being placed above the dome? Which vTx/Rx combo did you go for?

Will probably move it at some point - it's working fine for now...
It is a custom build 1.394Ghz 100mw

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Beja if i missed it sorry. Whats the weight on the full setup now ? and what are you flying 6s 8000 x 2 and getting what flight times ?

Thanks

Boris

baja-king

Hi Boris, full up weight is 9.5kg using Desire V8 6s 8300mHa x2 - getting 10min with drawing 5250mHa
Batteries reading 25%-28% on landing...

Steve

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Cool thanks for the info ! Have to buy a bigger number of lipos soon gonna check the desire ones. Lipo is still the area were i cant make up my mind whats the best for the buck and safety for the bird !

Boris

Cheshirecat

Do you run your RX and Zenmuse and Video kit all from the flight LiPo's or do you have a separate pack just for the Rx and video kit.I have ordered my SkyJib and was considering putting on a 4S just to run the receivers and Zenmuse + links against the extra weight downside.