LED/GPS outage

hover.ch

Today it happened to me the 2nd time that the LED and the GPS "subsystem" did not work properly after power-up.

Because I didn't realize the LED not blinking, I launched my MR and flew in Atti mode - everything looked fine. Switching to GPS/Atti mode I now realized that the MR didn't hold it's position. Looking at the LED I say that it was completely "turned off", no blinking whatsoever. After landing and rebooting the system (power off / on) everything worked as before.

It looks as if WKM's initialization did not work properly. I remember this happening some days ago already, however, instead of flying I immediately restarted WKM.
Have you ever observed the same?

PS: There were always between 8-10 satellites available, this doesn't seem to be the problem.

hover.ch

Yes, and ... you can even fly in this condition, it doesn't hinder you from taking off.

I would understand/welcome such a 'fallback mode' allowing me to still control the MR in a degraded way once airborne, but before takeoff, that's another story. I would expect the MR to clearly signal that it cannot takeoff. If the LED is the only signal, it should at least not start the engines or not allowing you to increase thrust, whatever.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
They only time I ran into such issues is when I turned the MR on before turning on the Radio transmitter. Must turn RC transmitter on first, always. Also I allow 5 seconds after the rapidly flashing blue led stops before taking off. was using fw 5.18...

Yes, and ... you can even fly in this condition, it doesn't hinder you from taking off.

I would understand/welcome such a 'fallback mode' allowing me to still control the MR in a degraded way once airborne, but before takeoff, that's another story. I would expect the MR to clearly signal that it cannot takeoff. If the LED is the only signal, it should at least not start the engines or not allowing you to increase thrust, whatever.

ary

Mine blinks green(atti mode) no yellow, blue(GPS mode) no purple. It flew normal in both mode
Is it a FC error or LED damage?

WKM with 5.20